What's new

"Believe in magic yet?" - Zatanna Match-Up Discussion thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
When Lobo is in your face? GGs. We get oki dokey land, but I'm not sure on teleport on wake up. Looks easy to blow up.
What? No, actually teleport is a great wake up :) But there is a tech when they get close, neutral jump and for some weird reason our teleport reverses & we teleport in the same plate instead of badkwards... But i guess on,y a few characters can do that IMO

Jusitin

Best Harley Quinn in Aus
Doomsday is tough. He just gets in clse and destroys Zee. She has no real solid way to punish him for being unsafe, so he can just rush you down and destroy you.
Just play pacient and you can easily punish his shoulder charges with a quick back 2,1 or 1,1 string
and also when he uses his trait ,teliport away or behind him depending on the move

Jusitin

Best Harley Quinn in Aus
Zatanna is a really complex character, took me two, make it three straight days of losing to characters like dooms day, hawk girl and black adam. All good though because he can out zone superman (not deathstroke) with her trait if you have good reaction time, its good that zatanna can absorb projectile, she is easily one of my favorite characters in the game

Jusitin

Best Harley Quinn in Aus
What? No, actually teleport is a great wake up :) But there is a tech when they get close, neutral jump and for some weird reason our teleport reverses & we teleport in the same plate instead of badkwards... But i guess on,y a few characters can do that IMO
Yeah that her only good wake up

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
what about bf2? Seems quick enough to be an ok wakeup.

anyways back to matchups, are all MUs not in our favor or is my Zatanna just that ass atm? >.< I've yet to play a MU that made feel like i have any real advantage in it..

The only thing I do on wakeup with Zatanna is MB tele dafuck outa there. Backwards if I'm not in the corner, behind them if I am- but that can be blown up if they bait it out- full combo punish- though at least you're out of the corner (albeit getting your skeletal system rearranged).

At the same time, it's very possible to full-combo punish them if you MB tele behind and they start swinging at air.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Guys... I started realising that her winning match ups are only a few imo... Can you tell mein which match ups did you feel some advantage?

August

yssalc sa lleh
I think Zee might give Nightwing some trouble, similarly to how Hawkgirl does. Windings don't matter much because of backwards teleport. Watch out for MB windings though. Ground spark is annoying to deal with because he can dash cancel it and fake out Zee. So it can be hard to teleport and punish him in that sense. However, that's where levitate comes to play, and that's why I mentioned Hawkgirl. Turtle turtle. I don't see the MU being HEAVILY in Zatanna's favor, but she does give him some problems.

badb

Noob
Yeah
Yeah zatanna can counter superman and aquaman players easily, she has the upper hand
You need to share your AM tech in the other thread where they are calling it a 10-0 matchup in aquaman's favor... superman is top tier too.

Imo she can beat raven, i haven't fought one but blindman's video he said he is scared of random bat girl teleports...zattana can do that safer with MB TP but will cost 2 bars if she wants good damage; / Sinestro probably for the same reason and he is as bad up close. Lobo, She can probably beat lex with cards alone as a spacing tool (Zat needs a faster projectile), scorpion because he is so unsafe. Maybe joker but he has a lot of the stuff HQ has.

In a few weeks will be a lot of changes, I doubt Z will get changed at all because she is now, but is silly to worry about matchups for a few weeks before the major patch hits.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You need to share your AM tech in the other thread where they are calling it a 10-0 matchup in aquaman's favor... superman is top tier too.

Imo she can beat raven, i haven't fought one but blindman's video he said he is scared of random bat girl teleports...zattana can do that safer with MB TP but will cost 2 bars if she wants good damage; / Sinestro probably for the same reason and he is as bad up close. Lobo, She can probably beat lex with cards alone as a spacing tool (Zat needs a faster projectile), scorpion because he is so unsafe. Maybe joker but he has a lot of the stuff HQ has.

In a few weeks will be a lot of changes, I doubt Z will get changed at all because she is now, but is silly to worry about matchups for a few weeks before the major patch hits.
I don't whet why Zatanna could beat lex with "take card" :confused:

Jusitin

Best Harley Quinn in Aus
Lol did u just list 3 of her worst MUs as MUs where you have an advantage? Am i missing something? how are countering supes and AQ with Z's t-rex limbs?
I know it sounds weird but all you need to do is teliport behind them, for example if you know that AM is going to use the Triton you just teliport behind him same with superman if you know that his going to zone with his lasers juts teliport behind him, its all about reading your opponents .she's got quick recovery time from those teliports

AT_Ion

Noob
What, is arcade mode Supes different from actual Superman? Because I can't tell.
Lol ... Tbh he might be cause ... I think that in SF Akuma and Arcade Mode Akuma have Different Frame Data. But what eves... xD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
From days of match ups, Zee is pretty solid against Batman, WW, and Joker. Flash gives her such a hard time.
Joker is more like an even match up! :/ Wonder Woman... I played it yesterday with a very solid WW player... But i can't talk right now...

& Batman i agree... Seems 5-5 or maybe in the future 6-4 for Zatanna, idk, it may turn 6-4 for Batman

badb

Noob
I don't whet why Zatanna could beat lex with "take card" :confused:
Is a good space control against him, would be a good range in the match up and will beat his jump too, if he does anything he is unsafe so then can teleport in with regular or jump air teleport to punish him. Is probably why so few play him, due to being unsafe and he is kind of a zoner but zatana can do it better. Not saying spam it like super man's lazers but used to zone like ryu's fireball and make reads or punish jumps/foward dashes then teleport in if he does anything to punish.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Is a good space control against him, would be a good range in the match up and will beat his jump too, if he does anything he is unsafe so then can teleport in with regular or jump air teleport to punish him. Is probably why so few play him, due to being unsafe and he is kind of a zoner but zatana can do it better. Not saying spam it like super man's lazers but used to zone like ryu's fireball and make reads or punish jumps/foward dashes then teleport in if he does anything to punish.
Ohh but in this MU he will have armor... Ground mines that take out our forward teleport, that little shot bubble... I can't see this as a winning mu tho