What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

..and no one warned me when the Ares forum page was added?

..and so I didn't make it on time and now some randoms that think they main Ares go and make my threads.

He won't be fighting with an army though, and in the wonderwoman movie he fought her face to face.
Him fighting up close does not have to equate to him fighting like a brute.
I mean I always pictured a God of War as not just being tough but also a quick thinker. Even guys like Kratos or the Hulk had to figure out ways to beat their foes when simply punching wasn't cutting it.

I'm gonna wait to see some gameplay footage before judging. Till then I'm kinda of neutral, sounds cool but only of pulled off well. Nice Juri avatar by the way.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Him being a zoner makes more sense to me.

He's a literal god. Why would he bother touching you?

Because he's the god of war.

I don't like the idea of violence incarnate not being a brawling rush down character with extremely violent(as far as the T rating can be pushed) moves.

Axe swings, sword stabs, crushing war hammer blows.

At the most he could have an axe throw or a spear chuck,

Like his weapons should spawn in his hands during combos, example: square, square, X, square = sword swing, sword swing, morning star attack, war axe chop.

Would be so cool, maybe even have the weapons teleporting into his hands be random.

Who said anything about fear? It's about being a god and not having to. Because you're agod.
But if you want to be technical, all warmongers are cowards.

No, only Jesus.

If he can take the time to walk backwards while throwing weapons at someone he can take the time to run up to them and stab them repeatedly.
See what you're saying would make sense if he was off in some cave somewhere looking through a magic portal or some shit and sending an army or a wave of weapons at his enemy, but in game he's only a few feet away from the person he's fighting.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
So what are the chances that Ares would be like Injustice's version of Dormammu? I'd be pretty stoked if that was the case.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Nah, it's gotta be more something more specific than that. If that's the case, everybody in the game is Dormammu save for Bane and Grundy.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nah, it's gotta be more something more specific than that. If that's the case, everybody in the game is Dormammu save for Bane and Grundy.
man i want weapons flying forward, backward, out of the ground, out of the air

I want weapons that fly diagonally, weapons coming out of weapons, I want Ares throwing motherfuckers into weapons

weapons Weapons WEAPONS D:<

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I just want a costume for him that isn't so Devil Dragonlord Of Deathdespairandblackness looking. He looks like the badguy from every 16 bit RPG ever.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
From SRK wiki (Dormammu):

In a nutshell
Dormammu is a very unorthodox keepaway character. He has an 8-way air dash and a teleport, which you might think could make him dangerous when attacking, but his speed prevents this from ever being true. Instead of shooting projectiles in straight lines, Dormammu players will need to predict where their opponents are going to be, and open Dark Holes and fire towers of Purification to keep their enemies out. His Chaotic Flame super is one of the fastest in the game, and can easily be hit-confirmed off of a ground Dark Hole, and his Floating Bomb super gives him some nasty chip damage and mixup opportunities. If you can predict your opponent's movements and want to play the hardest hitting keepaway character, Dormammu is your inter-dimensional being.
MvC wiki
  • Dark Matter: A basic projectile that can potentially knock an enemy back and bounce them off a wall for combo opportunities.
  • Flame Carpet: Dormammu covers the ground in front of him with flames, which sticks around for about 6 seconds or until the opponent gets hit with it.
  • Dark Hole: Dormammu creates a black hole that hits multiple times and knocks the opponent down. Light attack is directly in front of him, while mid and heavy attack go further away from him.
  • Purification: Dormammu creates a large pillar of energy from the ground that covers the full vertical range of the screen. Light attack is directly in front of him, while mid and heavy attack go further away from him (Can OTG).
  • Power of the Creator/Power of the Destructor: Dormammu creates blue or red auras around his hands. Used in conjunction with Liberation.
  • Mass Change: Dormammu teleports to an area relative to the opponent based on the button pressed. L puts Dormammu in the air in front of his enemy, M warps him above and behind his foe and H puts him directly above his opponent.
  • Liberation: Dormammu releases the energy from his hands for a number of different attacks (Can OTG).
    • Having no spells will have Dormammu discharge a small damaging sphere around him.
    • One creator spell will create a spike from the ground in front of him.
    • Two creator spells will create three spikes from the ground in a succession.
    • Three creator spells will discharge a ground covering aura that slows down the opponent and makes them unable to jump temporarily.
    • One destructor spell will discharge a small explosion in front of him.
    • Two destructor spells will discharge a bigger explosion.
    • Three destructor spells will discharge a screen covering explosion.
    • One creator spell and one destructor spell will create a meteor shower a few feet in front of Dormammu.
    • Two destructor spells and one creator spell will create a small explosion of lava in the center of the screen, which then creates a volly of falling lava rocks covering the screen.
    • Two creator spells and one destructor spell will create another meteor shower, but it lasts much longer.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't like MvC3, but I love Dormammu's moveset design. I was hoping Raven would be Dormammuesque (her demon mode is actually p. close with the teleport and pillars), but I'll be all over Ares if he's even more Dormammu.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Okay, here's my argument for why Ares should get his New 52 costume at some point beyond "it's awesome" or "it's a New 52 costume and fucking everyone should have their New 52 costume."

aresquest.png

I rest my case.

Not to mention the fact that War Personified should probably be smarter than to bring a cape to a fight.

capes aren't stupid, when ares and wonderwoman punch each other the shockwaves makes the cape move and that looks baus as fuck.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Ares' Injustice in-game model is pretty big though. If they don't want to mess with the hitboxes too much, they'd probably have to make New 52 old-man Ares all huge, like Master Roshi from Dragonball Z

Big Frog

Noob
Not gonna lie, I wasn't even thinking of playing Ares at all, but his super is awesome. Love his stance too.