What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

First he doesn't whoop me online

Second if u asked me who would I rather face in tourney max bipolar or grr id say GRR.

Third it's my f ing opinion, not yours

Fourth I'm sorry once again I say things publicly everyone says privately in illuminati Skype calls where everyone says the same thing

This is why we lie, so here we go

Guys my new inspired bane placement

1. GRR - 5th at NEC and beat zyphox at break

2. Max - 2nd because KIt was a fraud major and no one from the break was there

3rd. FK jr cause he went to a regional once w bane / ares and got 7th

4th. Big d - although retired after CEO he went to a major w all bane and got 9th or 13th I believe

5th. This random bane I played at KIT in casuals, didn't catch his name but he was in attendance so he was there and bipolar wasn't

6th. Bipolar - I mean aside from his games online does this guy really exist? I don't know but I do know he's know bottom of the banes . Who wouldn't want this guy in their pool?
Life sucks being low tier.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
First he doesn't whoop me online

Second if u asked me who would I rather face in tourney max bipolar or grr id say GRR.

Third it's my f ing opinion, not yours

Fourth I'm sorry once again I say things publicly everyone says privately in illuminati Skype calls where everyone says the same thing

This is why we lie, so here we go

Guys my new inspired bane placement

1. GRR - 5th at NEC and beat zyphox at break

2. Max - 2nd because KIt was a fraud major and no one from the break was there

3rd. FK jr cause he went to a regional once w bane / ares and got 7th

4th. Big d - although retired after CEO he went to a major w all bane and got 9th or 13th I believe

5th. This random bane I played at KIT in casuals, didn't catch his name but he was in attendance so he was there and bipolar wasn't

6th. Bipolar - I mean aside from his games online does this guy really exist? I don't know but I do know he's know bottom of the banes . Who wouldn't want this guy in their pool?
lol. Props to you for voicing your opinion and not being part of the TYM Illuminati and all, but don't you think it's disrespectful to Grr and hypocritical of yourself to say Bipolar is better? And I'm not questioning that you are a good judge of skill, there's a reason you're the King of Rebelo-ing people. I may have just said that because my day was pretty ass for the most part, but I still don't think that was fair to Grr. Anyways, I'm not going to try to change your opinion, this is AMURICA.

And don't lie about what you think about things like the Skype cliques, just speak your mind. I appreciate that you are one of the few honest people on this site, unlike certain southwest players.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
to say someone is better isn't rude in my opinion, its rude to point out personal thigns that they might be insecure about, like if pig said i had a tiny penis than that would be disrespectful because i am insecure about my tiny penis.
First I was like ;)

Then I was like :eek:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol. Props to you for voicing your opinion and not being part of the TYM Illuminati and all, but don't you think it's disrespectful to Grr and hypocritical of yourself to say Bipolar is better? And I'm not questioning that you are a good judge of skill, there's a reason you're the King of Rebelo-ing people. I may have just said that because my day was pretty ass for the most part, but I still don't think that was fair to Grr. Anyways, I'm not going to try to change your opinion, this is AMURICA.

And don't lie about what you think about things like the Skype cliques, just speak your mind. I appreciate that you are one of the few honest people on this site, unlike certain southwest players.
I think Skype cliques are private places like TYM where most things are said the few will say publicly.

I'll continue to be honest

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zod vs Superman. Explain please.
Zone with side arm and instant aerial Zod balls and run away with back dash. Zod has absolutely no chance in footsies because of f+2,3.

Speaking of f+2,3, makes sure you punish f+2,3 on whiff with f+2,1,u+2 or 3 xx MB push depending on the situation. f+2 leads to a combo and has better range than 3, but 3 is faster by five frames.

When trait is charged, activate, and charge in. 3 xx command grab should be safe against f+2,3. So mix up with 3 xx low laser. Full screen aerial slow ball also sets up safe command grab. Of course you can do various other mix ups. Do not be predictable because good players punish command grabs every time up close.

Superman's zoning should not be an issue. Crouch heat zap. Block heat vision and hold back for a second in case of MB heat vision. You can also train yourself to back dash either laser full screen away.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Zod vs Superman. Explain please.
Also, Control the air by reacting to lasers when you can. IaZbs can become a big problem for him (and also a way for you to avoid lasers). IaZc is also great at making superman respect neutral airspace. Set the pace and start getting the superman player to follow a pattern, then counter appropriately.

Edit: Throw in some parries as well