What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

I can't even work on my characters peacefully online without my bros going straight to the forums and posting match results.... i guess we have to go into tournament mode... i'm never sleeping in a bed wiht james again

I don't know what was more funny... James taking up like 90% of that bed or Steve randomly calling security.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Please use this thread to discuss what we can do vs Aquaman and please post videos, tech , etc so we as a zod community can defeat Aquaman

Looking for ways to use trait and slow ball to be able to dash in while swiping and time it perfectly w slow ball to where no 6 frame
d1 can interrupts or armor mb b3

SimSim Lets continue discussions and trial and error in here, Ill continuously try anything you say to try in this thread and in real match ups and post the Videos in here
EGP Wonder_Chef We need you to focus on this with us, Dont run from this MU. We need to work it

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Thoughts on the NW MU? It's one of the very few MUs I have rarely played.

I would like to play Pig but he hasn't been on in like two weeks ;_;

Pig Of The Hut

Thoughts on the NW MU? It's one of the very few MUs I have rarely played.

I would like to play Pig but he hasn't been on in like two weeks ;_;
ive been online every day this week

........?

what time tonight?

same still gamertag?

6-4 zod favor

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
ive been online every day this week

........?

what time tonight?

same still gamertag?

6-4 zod favor
I only have your Zod of the Hut account on my list, so that's probably it.

I changed it to ChiefCochese from ChongoIsFree, if thats what you mean.

Tomorrow would be the best, I have a page essay to write about a fucking pebble. I feel really retarded writing it. If tomorrow doesn't work I'll try to sneak on in a bit.

Can't wait to kneel before you.

EDIT: I agree with 6-4 Zod, I don't think NW wins the MU.

Pig Of The Hut

Tomorrow would be the best, I have a page essay to write about a fucking pebble. I feel really retarded writing it. If tomorrow doesn't work I'll try to sneak on in a bit.

I will be on tonight 10:30pm est-3:30a m est

tomorrow 7pm-saturday afternoon ill be away w my job in jacksonville

So either tonight or sunday

And yea it has been 2 weeks since i got on in that account but will tonight

Pig Of The Hut

during those times PM me if youre on

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Rushing down Aquaman with the trait is fruitless. Tom just activates trait and holds back. You get no mix ups.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
And don't forget that Trait vs Trait is in Zod's favor, since Aqua can't Stop your combo when he's bitten with Trait if you're smart

Also punish with s3, since that's one hit launch and leads to stuff. That move is super underappreciated.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So just zone and 50 50 ?

Even if low laser connects he gets trait and grab is punishable
Aquaman's trait does not work on fully charged low laser and bite combos when executed properly.

Bite is punishable, indeed. He gets 20% + knock down. If bite connects, Zod gets 40% + knock down. The mix up is in your favor.

I either do the mix up or fill the screen with force balls and end with MB low laser + more force balls to waste time for the trait.

I have beaten all Aquaman players who have tried to out turtle and/or out zone me, including Tom and Theo. However, when the fools start playing footsies, I start losing. Zod cannot compete with b+1,2, which leads to 40% combos and 45% combos with background interactable objects, so I see no point in rushing down. You cannot afford to lose that much damage in this match because winning becomes very, very difficult.

Pig Of The Hut

Aquaman's trait does not work on fully charged low laser and bite combos when executed properly.

Bite is punishable, indeed. He gets 20% + knock down. If bite connects, Zod gets 40% + knock down. The mix up is in your favor.

I either do the mix up or fill the screen with force balls and end with MB low laser + more force balls to waste time for the trait.

I have beaten all Aquaman players who have tried to out turtle and/or out zone me, including Tom and Theo. However, when the fools start playing footsies, I start losing. Zod cannot compete with b+1,2, which leads to 40% combos and 45% combos with background interactable objects, so I see no point in rushing down. You cannot afford to lose that much damage in this match because winning becomes very, very difficult.
youre guaranteed a zod ball after mb laser blocked?

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Ok so i was playing with a friends friend(yes thats what i said) in a Koth and they were in a party when my turn came up i went with Zod and he went with Bane in the first round he got the jump on me and took my first bar but i then being to space him out and i end up winning so i join the party and the first thing i hear is " Get outta here scrub from my friend who boots me from the party and then his friends list now did i really scrub him out or did i play a smart match cause i dont think Zod has many good up close against Banes Armor grab and Double punch so can someone set me straight on this matter so if i am a ***hole or my ex-friends friend is just a whiny *****

Pig Of The Hut

Ok so i was playing with a friends friend(yes thats what i said) in a Koth and they were in a party when my turn came up i went with Zod and he went with Bane in the first round he got the jump on me and took my first bar but i then being to space him out and i end up winning so i join the party and the first thing i hear is " Get outta here scrub from my friend who boots me from the party and then his friends list now did i really scrub him out or did i play a smart match cause i dont think Zod has many good up close against Banes Armor grab and Double punch so can someone set me straight on this matter so if i am a ***hole or my ex-friends friend is just a whiny *****

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Yeah since I've really been using him exclusively I feel like zod is a MAIN. Like pocket zod wouldn't cut it lol.

Sent from Sam Wheat in the Phantom Zone.