What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
What are Zod's weaknesses ?
Poor anti air, telegraphed offense without trait, and therefore also a telegraphed "hunt" for an opportunity to activate the trait (Dash in when he goes for air MB fireballs/dash in and pressure if he activates trait at mid screen distance). Outside of that, not many weaknesses at all. d1 is his fastest normal and comes out in 7 frames (Or is standing 1 6 frames? Don't remember).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Poor anti air, telegraphed offense without trait, and therefore also a telegraphed "hunt" for an opportunity to activate the trait (Dash in when he goes for air MB fireballs/dash in and pressure if he activates trait at mid screen distance). Outside of that, not many weaknesses at all. d1 is his fastest normal and comes out in 7 frames (Or is standing 1 6 frames? Don't remember).
standing 1 is 9 frames

If orbs are making you move then you are an idiot. And what cus you won the same amount of Games 3-3 and then switch character

listen, stop counting games, start experimenting with the matchup, so i dont have to hear your yapping all the timne

Pig Of The Hut

Biggest weakness is MoS skin is not default.

Also, to add to the above list, I do not like Zod's wake up options. I feel they can be baited too hard. And don't forget most of his limbs have crap range, minus step kick
very true
No low shots.

And does not start the fight with the trait on.
dead on truth

imagine if his trait was as fast as superman's or BA's lol

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Also, I don't think Lobo should be judged 6-4 yet. We need to see his evolution. He did become top 5 overnight after all. Once people play him more at a tourney level.

Why,yes, I did pick him up recently. Mid range oki loops are fun

Pig Of The Hut

Also, I don't think Lobo should be judged 6-4 yet. We need to see his evolution. He did become top 5 overnight after all. Once people play him more at a tourney level.

Why,yes, I did pick him up recently. Mid range oki loops are fun
Those number are in no way cemented

Its my personal living mu chart and no way finalized which is why i have not posted a finalized thread w video discussion and asked for discussion further

Im continuously looking into all scenarios

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Honestly, I might deem Ares worse than 6-4. Ares cannot zone at all. Zod can react to everything he does, interrupt it and stop it. TP? Zod Charge. Ax? Snipe it. Yolo godsmack? Jump. And he can d3 both fireballs. This is why Zod is so top: he always has the tools to fight. Except Sinestro who can really just play his own game. Aquaman is just uber, but if you're smart, water of life doesn't work against Wraith.

SimSim

Honestly, I might deem Ares worse than 6-4. Ares cannot zone at all. Zod can react to everything he does, interrupt it and stop it. TP? Zod Charge. Ax? Snipe it. Yolo godsmack? Jump. And he can d3 both fireballs. This is why Zod is so top: he always has the tools to fight. Except Sinestro who can really just play his own game. Aquaman is just uber, but if you're smart, water of life doesn't work against Wraith.
I don't know how you can react to tp with zod charge? Now I admit I play a lot of online, so Ares is as good as unbeatable (But I realize this is because his tp is just stupid online), but I would assume you can't react to a tp with a zod charge to run away from Ares even offline, since your inputs will reverse when he tps behind you? Did I not understand you right?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Maybe I overestimated that, but that's because 90% of all TPers that I run into teleport in such a way it makes it easy to read. However, Ares new teleport has 33 frames of recovery on it, so you can totally ZC punish it unless I misread. And if it does cross you up, it'll auto correct into one of your direction 2 starters.

SimSim

Maybe I overestimated that, but that's because 90% of all TPers that I run into teleport in such a way it makes it easy to read. However, Ares new teleport has 33 frames of recovery on it, so you can totally ZC punish it unless I misread. And if it does cross you up, it'll auto correct into one of your direction 2 starters.
I am pretty sure the 33 frames are counting the frames of the entire tp, which means from when his animation starts to when he recovers: This could mean that there are only 15 frames to punish him after he comes out of his tp for example. Not to mention he can meterburn it and have 0 recovery on his tp.

I can't even work on my characters peacefully online without my bros going straight to the forums and posting match results.... i guess we have to go into tournament mode... i'm never sleeping in a bed wiht james again

Pig Of The Hut

I can't even work on my characters peacefully online without my bros going straight to the forums and posting match results.... i guess we have to go into tournament mode... i'm never sleeping in a bed wiht james again
Whatever james is cool

he did you a favor and the zod forums

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
What are Zod's weaknesses ?
Walk speed, but his dash makes up for it IMHO. Short range with normals especially his 1. Any string that starts with 1 needs to be in close proximity. Pretty much his only footsie string is the two that start his F2. B1 is o.k, not great, has slower start rate then F2.