What's new

Batman: What's your pocket main for losing Match Ups?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Of course it was going to become another Batman rant thread, someone always has to ruin the sincerity.

All of that aside, if anyone else wants to post anything constructive and helpful; all feedback would be appreciated.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I know you're probably joking, but he does.
I have seen Batman players lose to many of the characters mentioned as bad matchups (Deadshot, Harley, Red Hood, Green Arrow, etc.) but I have never seen the matches go badly enough for me to think "Damn, I hope this Batman player has a good pocket ____________ (insert appropriate counter-pick)". On the flip-side I find myself thinking that for just about every other character in the game when it's obvious that one of the players is losing at the character select screen rather than in the match itself (even more frustrating when the losing player is too stubborn to acknowledge this fact).

Skedar70

Noob
I know you're probably joking, but he does.
I am not joking. Batman downplayers claim that Harley is a bad mu for Batman. Foreverking mopped Biohazard in Viennality. They claim Deadshot is a bad MU. This is debatable foreverking was doing good vs foxy so it actually may be a 5-5.

He is at the top of the food chain and you can see this easily in numbers. He is the most used and win with character. Foreverking is a known counter picker and he became a loyalist.

Jugghead

Noob
I have seen Batman players lose to many of the characters mentioned as bad matchups (Deadshot, Harley, Red Hood, Green Arrow, etc.) but I have never seen the matches go badly enough for me to think "Damn, I hope this Batman player has a good pocket ____________ (insert appropriate counter-pick)". On the flip-side I find myself thinking that for just about every other character in the game when it's obvious that one of the players is losing at the character select screen rather than in the match itself (even more frustrating when the losing player is too stubborn to acknowledge this fact).
I think this is a fair. I don't think Batman has any 3-7 MUs. He does have a few 4-6s though. He can compete against the whole cast, but nothing wrong with picking someone up to have an even or favorable MU against them.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I think this is a fair. I don't think Batman has any 3-7 MUs. He does have a few 4-6s though. He can compete against the whole cast, but nothing wrong with picking someone up to have an even or favorable MU against them.
For sure he doesn't have any 3-7 matchups. I was also kind of getting at that I don't really think he has any 4-6s either as that's where you'd usually start seeing counterpicks (especially if a bad matchup happens to be a popular character in general) happen and that hasn't really been the case. Having to approach a matchup differently than usual =/= bad matchup.

Jugghead

Noob
For sure he doesn't have any 3-7 matchups. I was also kind of getting at that I don't really think he has any 4-6s either
Perhaps well just disagree about Batman's 4-6s. That discussion is for a different thread.

Having to approach a matchup differently than usual =/= bad matchup.
I do agree with this. For example, I think strategies for approaching Harley and Darkseid are similar, but I think Harley is 4-6 and Darkseid is 5-5. Navigating through zoning doesn't necessarily make it a 4-6 MU for Batman. Its more than just "having to approach a MU differently than usual".

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Ok since this has become a general thread and not just a Batman only one appearently, can anyone please tell me who is a good pocket character for Sub-Zero's bad MU's? I can play Poison Ivy as she is my original main and GA was my IJ1 main. Are they good?

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
Supergirl is a good pick for any mu you don't feel too comfortable with. But you should try also tackling those with the bat. I used to pick her against ga, darkseid, shot and Harley. Now I only use her with Harley and shot. Batman can do it, but they feel like chores to me.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Are we talking 4-6 or tough 5-5?

I'd like to see the opinion of @ForeverKing .
Watching me play in all these tournaments might make it seem like has doesn't have any bad matchups, but he actually does. Red Hood, Green Arrow and Deadshot are for sure losing matchups. Then there are a few maybes like Harley Aquaman Catwoman

A good secondary in my opinion to help with these matchups would be Catwoman Starfire Supergirl or Deadshot, because they don't lose to any of these

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Watching me play in all these tournaments might make it seem like has doesn't have any bad matchups, but he actually does. Red Hood, Green Arrow and Deadshot are for sure losing matchups. Then there are a few maybes like Harley Aquaman Catwoman

A good secondary in my opinion to help with these matchups would be Catwoman Starfire Supergirl or Deadshot, because they don't lose to any of these
Without seeing you roll through tourneys like a boss with him, I would have never picked Batman; you are the source of inspiration which pushes us to replay our losing matchups.
Never expected this thread to get a comment from the BatGod, thanks FK!

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I am not joking. Batman downplayers claim that Harley is a bad mu for Batman. Foreverking mopped Biohazard in Viennality. They claim Deadshot is a bad MU. This is debatable foreverking was doing good vs foxy so it actually may be a 5-5.

He is at the top of the food chain and you can see this easily in numbers. He is the most used and win with character. Foreverking is a known counter picker and he became a loyalist.
Beating people in bad mus doesnt mean the mu suddenly changes, its not unwinnable. He doesnt have any 7-3s at all, but to say he doesnt lose to anybody when aquaman, harley and green arrow exist is a lie. I love the character, and hes top 3(contender for best character) in the game so I know hes strong, but he loses matchups. That is fact.
Also, I agree that the deadshot batman mu is a 5-5.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Maybe King is just better than the people he plays. I think Batman is busted btw, this isn't downplaying. A 4-6 MU is still very winnable, it doesn't mean it isn't losing though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I moved this out of the Batman thread and into Injustice 2 for general discussion. I think this is a good topic and discussion no matter who your main is.

If y'all think this was the wrong move let me know. I just think this could be a good discussion for all characters.

Jugghead

Noob
I moved this out of the Batman thread and into Injustice 2 for general discussion. I think this is a good topic and discussion no matter who your main is.

If y'all think this was the wrong move let me know. I just think this could be a good discussion for all characters.
I think each character should have their own thread about this topic similar to how most characters have dedicated combo and MU threads. Unfortunately the dialog has shifted because any discussion of potential bad MUs for Batman brings in a lot of people wanting to "discuss" that.

All @SaucyD0ge wanted to know was good pockets for Batman to counter his bad MUs. I think it's a great topic. Having one general thread for all characters will be hard to find the character you're interested in. I'd be in favor of moving it back to just Batman if we can steer back to the OP.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think each character should have their own thread about this topic similar to how most characters have dedicated combo and MU threads. Unfortunately the dialog has shifted because any discussion of potential bad MUs for Batman brings in a lot of people wanting to "discuss" that.

All @SaucyD0ge wanted to know was good pockets for Batman to counter his bad MUs. I think it's a great topic. Having one general thread for all characters will be hard to find the character you're interested in. I'd be in favor of moving it back to just Batman if we can steer back to the OP.
Honestly you're right, I'll move it back.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
@Juggs @Jugghead321
Thanks a lot, wanted this thread to be Batman only.Having someone nice and somewhat civil is what truly prevents these threads from transforming into conflict zones.

Of course, any feedback pertaining to the intial question would also be welcome.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
How do Batman mains feel about fighting Dr Fate? I've always had reasonable success utilising Orbs and a good pushblock. Feels like a losing MU for Bats.

is Supergirl not a losing matchup? Also how is green lantern as a Batman secondary?

I have a lot of trouble against online Supergirls. Its hard to react to teleport, but then again I am also playing in 100ms games, so I don't know if that's the issue.