What's new

Batman: What's your pocket main for losing Match Ups?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Recently picked up batman, learned his bnbs and vortex; but whenever I get zoned hard as Batman, I seem to struggle with getting and staying in.I don't want to drop the character at all but can anyone tell me a secondary character to cover his bad matchups?(Deadshot, Harley etc.; the ones who suffocate him from range)

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
You might consider a pure rushdown or tele character? Flash, Catwoman, Cheetah, Canary, etc. Darkseid reportedly does well against Deadshot, but that's only hearsay.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't think he has any bad matchups but that's not to say you don't have bad matchups or feel comfortable with him in all matchups.

I think Supes and Lady Supes may cover those matchups you feel uncomfortable with.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Batman right now loses to Deadshot, Harley, Red Hood and Green Arrow. Aquaman and Supergirl are also difficult.

Catwoman is the perfect secondary for these characters, considering that she beats or goes even with all of them.

Batman right now loses to Deadshot, Harley, Red Hood and Green Arrow. Aquaman and Supergirl are also difficult.

Catwoman is the perfect secondary for these characters, considering that she beats or goes even with all of them.
Are we talking 4-6 or tough 5-5?

I'd like to see the opinion of @ForeverKing .

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Doesn't Batman lose to Starfire 4-6?

I thought the TYM community was convinced that Starfire 6-4s everyone that isn't Supergirl or close to it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Deadshot is hands down one of the best pockets to have, crushes most zoning and zones extremely well, execution is also nonexistant, he's pretty much the new AM.
Catwoman also doesn't get zoned, so she's a good choice for counterzoning as well.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
@Admrl Scht

It is too early to tell with Starfire, but if I had to pick a number I say 5-5.
The matchup can go either way:
Starfire can blow up Batman's oki jumps with db3, and also happens to have a shit ton of projectiles.How do you exactly counter stardust(db1; where she shoots a bunch of explosive orbs) though?

Guess I'll be pocketing the whip-tripping crazy cat lady...

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I know that using close Stardust in pressure can be blown up by dashing forward and punishing. Can also probably be interrupted with trait bats for a full combo.

In a zoning scenario, Batman just needs to block Stardust like everyone else. Can make a read and dash past it, but Starfire can choose where to place it.

Jugghead

Noob
I pocket Darkseid. Typically use him against Deadshot, Ivy, Cyborg, and sometimes Fate. I have been going back and forth between Batman and Darkseid vs Starfire.

I also play Supergirl a little. If I get better with her my intention is to use her against GA and Harley. Those are two frustrating MUs for me with Batman.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I also play Supergirl a little. If I get better with her my intention is to use her against GA and Harley. Those are two frustrating MUs for me with Batman.
I don't think pocketing Darkseid is bad, but I can't stand maining two characters with arse neutral sans trait.At least Batman gets it back quicker and has better buttons(I know Darkseid can get insane mix and set-ups, alas they are both risky).

About the Green Lantern match-up: Batman can choose to zone moderately with batarangs(spam too much and Green Lantern can choose to trade with yours; however Batman gets the zoning advantage[near full-screen]) and you can mileage more out your larger stick of butter as Batman.

Jugghead

Noob
I don't think pocketing Darkseid is bad, but I can't stand maining two characters with arse neutral sans trait.At least Batman gets it back quicker and has better buttons(I know Darkseid can get insane mix and set-ups, alas they are both risky).
I went with Darkseid because 1) I like him. I can't have fun with characters I don't like. 2) He is a strong zoner. 3) He has a teleport. Anything after those 3 were a bonus, and those bonuses were nice! (great damage and trait)

About the Green Lantern match-up: Batman can choose to zone moderately with batarangs(spam too much and Green Lantern can choose to trade with yours; however Batman gets the zoning advantage[near full-screen]) and you can mileage more out your larger stick of butter as Batman.
I don't think GL should be a problem for Batmam. I think GL win the zoning war, but not by a lot. Batman can be competitive when you pick and choose your times to zone. You should focus on getting in though, and Batman should have no problem getting in with bats, but watch out for his advancing low starter (not sure the buttons). GL doesn't have a great WU game, so take advantage of that, but he does have good oki.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I main supergirl and secondary starfire. I don't even know what it feels like to have a bad matchup.