What's new

Batman vs The Flash, TYM Vote!

Who will win between Batman and The Flash

• Total voters

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
All this thread has managed to do is make me want Prometheus in this game....
Still even when I KNOW Bats will win this hopes to be a good fight since this are the 2 characters I consider to be the best right now.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Aw hell no. Don't give me that crap. The Flash's guys are organized sure, but Batman's aren't? I like how this ignores how The Joker is a genius at the head of a vast criminal empire. He isn't just one crazy guy, he's a manipulative and charismatic leader with a ton of goons.

Also, I love how the Flash is complaining about how hard a time he's having when he's so vastly stronger than everyone in the Rogues put together. How are they even a threat to him? Whenever he's in danger it's always "PIS" but whenever someone bashes his villains as outmatched it's always "nuh-uh!"

Pick one god dammit.

Reedoms

Noob
Aw hell no. Don't give me that crap. The Flash's guys are organized sure, but Batman's aren't? I like how this ignores how The Joker is a genius at the head of a vast criminal empire. He isn't just one crazy guy, he's a manipulative and charismatic leader with a ton of goons.
The difference between Batman's rogues' and Flash's is that most of Batman's Rogues have a calling card they leave so they can antagonize him. Whether it be riddles, coins, plants or just a damn invitation from Joker himself. The Rogues get in and get out, they try to avoid confrontation so they can actually spend the money they just stole. Also would like to point out that Joker is not a genius by any level or the head of a criminal empire. He's a guy who is mentally insane and kills people for giggles and is in love with Batman.

Jack White

The difference between Batman's rogues' and Flash's is that most of Batman's Rogues have a calling card they leave so they can antagonize him. Whether it be riddles, coins, plants or just a damn invitation from Joker himself. The Rogues get in and get out, they try to avoid confrontation so they can actually spend the money they just stole. Also would like to point out that Joker is not a genius by any level or the head of a criminal empire. He's a guy who is mentally insane and kills people for giggles and is in love with Batman.
Says the guy who's probably never read a Batman comic before. Seriously, read The Man Who Laughs where Batman straight up calls him a genius and where The Joker goes into Gotham with nothing and strikes fear into the city while recruiting a gang all within a day. Also, in many incarnations The Joker his a either a small gang or a legion of thugs at his bidding from muscling in within Gotham's underworld. You do realize he's pretty much a mob boss right? Of course you don't because you don't know Batman.

The Joker is a criminal on a far higher level than any of the petty mooks in the Rogues could possibly reach. They're just glorified thieves and murderers, and The Joker has even taken them over before in JLA: Act of God. Don't underestimate the ace knaves buddy.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Says the guy who's probably never read a Batman comic before. Seriously, read The Man Who Laughs where Batman straight up calls him a genius and where The Joker goes into Gotham with nothing and strikes fear into the city while recruiting a gang all within a day. Also, in many incarnations The Joker his a either a small gang or a legion of thugs at his bidding from muscling in within Gotham's underworld. You do realize he's pretty much a mob boss right? Of course you don't because you don't know Batman.

The Joker is a criminal on a far higher level than any of the petty mooks in the Rogues could possibly reach. They're just glorified thieves and murderers, and The Joker has even taken them over before in JLA: Act of God. Don't underestimate the ace knaves buddy.
Act of God you mean that REALLY shitty comic that almost no one likes and makes no sense at all?

calling the Rogues just thieves is like calling the Joker just a serial killer you can't just generalize these characters like that

Jack White

Act of God you mean that REALLY shitty comic that almost no one likes and makes no sense at all?

calling the Rogues just thieves is like calling the Joker just a serial killer you can't just generalize these characters like that
Ya, I was just throwing it back at the guy who called The Joker some crazy guy. And Act of God was pretty bad admittedly.

Just like people call Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze guys with freeze rays.

Reactions: RYX

Reedoms

Noob
I don't actively read Batman anymore due to leatherface Joker and other things that aren't relevant but I do have a bit of a collection pertaining to him from 90's JLA to Morrisons stuff. I've read through most of his backlog and I just don't see the Joker as a genius. Sure, he may be pretty smart with his plans and crap but he's no Lex Luthor or Braniac. Those are geniuses. Joker is just a smart guy who is mentally insane fighting against a relatively smart man in a bat-suit.

The Joker is a criminal on a far higher level than any of the petty mooks in the Rogues could possibly reach. They're just glorified thieves and murderers.
Now it's you who hasn't read a Rogue's comic before. They've got 3 rules in life and one of them is not to kill unless it's a serious matter like family.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The line about Batman's rogues not being organized is speaking more along the lines of how volatile they are when they cooperate with one another; they tend to self-destruct with negligible Batman interference because of how... well, psychotic the folks of Gotham are.

Speaking of psychopaths, I think this thread demonstrates quite aptly how difficult Joker-related discussions can be, because he is not a very consistently written character and he has been written by many, many people. Personally, I think of him as a super-sane solo act, feared in the criminal underworld but not at all in control of it. And I don't reckon he'd have it any other way.

But that's one man's interpretation of a character that's hardly set in stone.

Jack White

Just like people call Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze guys with freeze rays.
The guy I was responding was much farther from the truth you know. And I am kind of right, despite their colorful costumes, the Rogues are much like regular criminals. They don't want to watch everything burn or rule the world, they just want enough money and power to live happily. Nothing wrong with that, but I was just pointing out how Flash really shouldn't act like they're a huge threat given his incredible powers.

I swear, you people are so angry at Batman in general that you tend to underestimate his villains? Joker not a genius and just "some crazy guy"? Joker can't fight (killed over a dozen armed police officers alone with his bear hands)? Do you people just hate on Batman comics without reading them? Has the hate grown to that level?

Jack White

The line about Batman's rogues not being organized is speaking more along the lines of how volatile they are when they cooperate with one another; they tend to self-destruct with negligible Batman interference because of how... well, psychotic the folks of Gotham are.

Speaking of psychopaths, I think this thread demonstrates quite aptly how difficult Joker-related discussions can be, because he is not a very consistently written character and he has been written by many, many people. Personally, I think of him as a super-sane solo act, feared in the criminal underworld but not at all in control of it. And I don't reckon he'd have it any other way.

But that's one man's interpretation of a character that's hardly set in stone.
I am going by how The Joker is mostly portrayed as. He is often seen alone but he does always have a bunch of guys with him to help make everything happen. Almost always actually. The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, Arkham Series (as valid as any comic IMO), The Animated Series, TDK, and the very recent Death of the Family arcs (across multiple comics) all featured The Joker with a ton of armed men. He isn't just some solo hack, he inspires people to join his cause. He's a leader in Gotham's underworld and he's Batman's most dangerous criminal, capable of damage giving orders, or when he has to take matters into his own hands.

I don't actively read Batman anymore due to leatherface Joker and other things that aren't relevant but I do have a bit of a collection pertaining to him from 90's JLA to Morrisons stuff. I've read through most of his backlog and I just don't see the Joker as a genius. Sure, he may be pretty smart with his plans and crap but he's no Lex Luthor or Braniac. Those are geniuses. Joker is just a smart guy who is mentally insane fighting against a relatively smart man in a bat-suit.
All you have to do is read literally any of the good Joker stories I mentioned like The Man Who Laughs where the Joker is called a genius by the worlds greatest detective. Almost no one is as smart as Lex or Brainiac (Batman isn't even) so I'm not sure where you were going with that. Doesn't change the fact that The Joker is a criminal genius.

Now it's you who hasn't read a Rogue's comic before. They've got 3 rules in life and one of them is not to kill unless it's a serious matter like family.
Being a little tongue in cheek here but I am still technically right. They don't try to kill but they still technically have and their a group of criminals who partake in relatively petty robbery crimes a lot. Not knocking them, it is what it is.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Anything comics I trust Reedoms to be the end all be all. Not to be too much of a dick, but it's like watching a spider argue with a man's boot as it comes down.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Still Wonder Woman.

...but if not then the Flash for sure. I care not for facebook-esque theories of "because he's Batman". When had a chat in the DC part of these forums about who is the most OP, Flash's name came up more than once. If you want to try and pull that "he would prepare" and "Batman is GDLK" crap then... ugh Batman is probably going to bloody win it anyway.

Superman will definitely win, making this Battle Arena final the single most sodding predictable and boring event in the history of everything