What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

blues686

Black lantern
Idk but against certain chacacters that are crouch blocking, i noticed that j2 wiffs in the cross up attemp quite alot.. Especially against frost, catwoman, green arrow for example. Its like they have malieenas crouching hit box from mk9.. Anyone notice this or know a counter to low hurt boxes? Or am i doing something wrong

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Can someone help me out with the Solomon Grundy match up? I can beat them but only with extreme keep away. I know batarangs are the best way to beat his armor, but something weird happened which I didn't understand. I called my bats, 3, and they all hit him while trying to grab me but his armor still beat it out. I thought his armor only had two hits and I wanted to know if I was suppose to also hit him with a normal, plus bats, to beat the armor. Thanks in advance.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Idk but against certain chacacters that are crouch blocking, i noticed that j2 wiffs in the cross up attemp quite alot.. Especially against frost, catwoman, green arrow for example. Its like they have malieenas crouching hit box from mk9.. Anyone notice this or know a counter to low hurt boxes? Or am i doing something wrong
its even worse against Batgirl

blues686

Black lantern
Can someone help me out with the Solomon Grundy match up? I can beat them but only with extreme keep away. I know batarangs are the best way to beat his armor, but something weird happened which I didn't understand. I called my bats, 3, and they all hit him while trying to grab me but his armor still beat it out. I thought his armor only had two hits and I wanted to know if I was suppose to also hit him with a normal, plus bats, to beat the armor. Thanks in advance.
Just like any grappler match up it is best to zone them. Cuz one drop combo equals a crazy grab. On reaction to grundys jump up grapple for a full combo

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Struggled yesterday more than I would have liked against a Flash player. What strategies have worked well in a Flash/Batman matchup?

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Struggled yesterday more than I would have liked against a Flash player. What strategies have worked well in a Flash/Batman matchup?
From what I've read, Flash struggles against zoners. Try keeping him out more because Flash's strength is in his close range 50/50 mix up game. I've barely even seen any Flash players so I have no experience in the match up. Outside of Flash's torpedo move, BF.2, he can't really get in. Wish I could be of more help.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
You could try to cross up with J.3 instead on these smaller characters, it has more range and still crosses up pretty well.

Superman - His Lasers give me trouble especially when you block one laser and then you dash up and he dashes back to repeat
Deathstroke - His sword flip and fast gunshots can give me trouble at times but i'll learn it
Black adam - Will always retreat then lighting sweep or dive kick full screen. Annoying
Catwoman - Her cat dash/Safe on block. When you jump and she MB's it. that's it you're in for a full combo

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Superman - His Lasers give me trouble especially when you block one laser and then you dash up and he dashes back to repeat
Deathstroke - His sword flip and fast gunshots can give me trouble at times but i'll learn it
Black adam - Will always retreat then lighting sweep or dive kick full screen. Annoying
Catwoman - Her cat dash/Safe on block. When you jump and she MB's it. that's it you're in for a full combo
Regarding CW's cat dash, its not safe on block at all. DD can punish it with 123 venom if you expect it, for example. So i m pretty sure Bman can punish it with a full combo for sure. MB version is safe depending on the distance it is done.

Regarding CW's cat dash, its not safe on block at all. DD can punish it with 123 venom if you expect it, for example. So i m pretty sure Bman can punish it with a full combo for sure. MB version is safe depending on the distance it is done.
I guess im talking about meter burn then because full screen its her only option. I forgot the Block advantage for Catwomans dash

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
From what I've read, Flash struggles against zoners. Try keeping him out more because Flash's strength is in his close range 50/50 mix up game. I've barely even seen any Flash players so I have no experience in the match up. Outside of Flash's torpedo move, BF.2, he can't really get in. Wish I could be of more help.
No worries. This player kept getting in on me and knew all of Flash's most effective wake ups against Batman that neutralized my rush downs. I was impressed to the point I'm considering learning Flash as a secondary character.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Black Adam hands down (can't punish anything and lose the zoning game) and Killer Frost can be very annoying. Those are in my opinion his only real bad matches.

A character a personally struggle with is Shazam since Batman has a very hard time punishing Torpedo.

Alright, I have no problems with anything in this game. I'm a pretty decent Batman user and As a Batman user my only issue is Black Adam. Now i can beat black adam but my friend has mained him and is very good with him and I need some suggestions on some things that I have been having an issue with.

-Batman's T-rex arms means I have to close in
-When close His BA's D1 beats me whenever I close in since he has more range then anything batman has.
-When we are engaged in AA his J1 beats my J2. Sometimes my J1 beats his J1 but im not sure whetther its because he timed it wrong or not.
-When I have traits out, he spams lightening bolt so i either lose bats, or if I send them out and try to follow up we both get hit. ORif I release bats he will Dive kick and completley avoid them.
-Everytime he Divekicks he is supersafe on block and then backdashes to avoid batman completley.
-If he uses his F23 (ithink) it is also safe on block and then he backdashes.

I understand if anyone wants to callme terrible or a scrub. And I know theres the obvious answers like "time the bat grapple on divekick, or B3 his divekick". But I need more then that, Suggestions anyone?

Also if theres any amazing Batman players or BA users that want to run some set ups with me id gladly accept the help.

PSN: CeroX0

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I need some keys to the grundy match up......I am totally lost. Obviously rushing him down is not the best idea...im just lost.

RapZiLLa54

Alright, I have no problems with anything in this game. I'm a pretty decent Batman user and As a Batman user my only issue is Black Adam. Now i can beat black adam but my friend has mained him and is very good with him and I need some suggestions on some things that I have been having an issue with.

-Batman's T-rex arms means I have to close in
-When close His BA's D1 beats me whenever I close in since he has more range then anything batman has.
-When we are engaged in AA his J1 beats my J2. Sometimes my J1 beats his J1 but im not sure whetther its because he timed it wrong or not.
-When I have traits out, he spams lightening bolt so i either lose bats, or if I send them out and try to follow up we both get hit. ORif I release bats he will Dive kick and completley avoid them.
-Everytime he Divekicks he is supersafe on block and then backdashes to avoid batman completley.
-If he uses his F23 (ithink) it is also safe on block and then he backdashes.

I understand if anyone wants to callme terrible or a scrub. And I know theres the obvious answers like "time the bat grapple on divekick, or B3 his divekick". But I need more then that, Suggestions anyone?

Also if theres any amazing Batman players or BA users that want to run some set ups with me id gladly accept the help.

PSN: CeroX0
I 2nd this completely. When you do get in, stay in and don't let him breathe.

RapZiLLa54

I need some keys to the grundy match up......I am totally lost. Obviously rushing him down is not the best idea...im just lost.
Stay away from him. You can check all his swamp hands with either a batarang or grapple. bats destroys his walking corpse, if you have 3 bats just release and 113 him or jump back full combo or mb f/B3. His regular f3 actually beats his walking corpse because Batman goes airborne as does f23. Avoid jumping at Grundy due to his D2. This is one of those matches similar to GL and Aquaman, you have to play lame. If you play any form of constant rushdown/jumping in you will lose.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
With Grundy and Bane I just zone them out and play lame like Rap said. I myself have problems with Doomsday and Raven. It seems like when I play them my game plan gets shut down and I get mauled. Any advice on those two matchups would be much appreciated!

RapZiLLa54

With Grundy and Bane I just zone them out and play lame like Rap said. I myself have problems with Doomsday and Raven. It seems like when I play them my game plan gets shut down and I get mauled. Any advice on those two matchups would be much appreciated!
A side note with Bane. We can parry his running charge and his double punch special.

Raven you have to be patient, its very similar to playing GL except her normals aren't as fast nor have the range that GL has. Shes very negative on both her lift and tk grab (not sure its name) so you can dash block in between to get in or punish with f2 ex grapple from max range. When shes in demon stance that matchup changes though, shes tricky.

Doomsday you need to make him respect Parry. Batman doesn't fear his shoulder charge or his d1 because you can parry both. His overhead low earthshake can't be parried though so if you're expecting that don't bother. Once he respects parry hes going to try to bait it so then it allows you to take some chances on wake up because hes most likely going to start neutral jumping in which you can sky hook. If you read sky drop, dash forward and back j2 full combo. Also his non ex shoulder is negative so be sure to punish with 113 or 123.