What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl MUs Post 1.06

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I don't think so, namely because its not fully invincible. We can poke you out of it, and lord forbid we get you in the corner your cartwheel literally becomes useless. Theres actually a lot of ways to beat it on wake-up. Smokebomb too, by the same merit if you use it.
Don't know many Banes that bother to charge Batgirl unless she's in blockstun. If she teleports too soon, she eats the charge and oki ala MMH. But I do know some do.

Why do we have to put in more work? If we get a lead you aren't getting back in, Bane has more possibility to sit on a 45% health lead than Batgirl has taking it off of him, that's just a matter of Batgirl's slower long-range normal versus Bane's faster huge reaching ones like d.1 and d.2 which are our common momentum stoppers.
Personally, Bane's have had more issues catching me than I have had catching Banes. I haven't played Max though so I dunno at the highest level. Yeah, like you said there are options for us in the corner, but they are obviously risky. Explain what you do to beat cartwheel every time, from my experience it does better against Bane's OKI than some other characters I use.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Personally, Bane's have had more issues catching me than I have had catching Banes. I haven't played Max though so I dunno at the highest level. Yeah, like you said there are options for us in the corner, but they are obviously risky. Explain what you do to beat cartwheel every time, from my experience it does better against Bane's OKI than some other characters I use.
I think jump over d3 beats it for full combo (but that can be teleported). Also, if they time it exactly right, I think d1 beats it out.

Tbh though Doombawks, I don't have trouble in this MU at all. He can't run away that effectively at all, not with batgirl's dash. She can also pressure him quite safely on wakeup. She jumps over and if you wake up, she makes it whiff and punishes with teleport. Works with the uppercut, charge and double punch wakeups.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Her wakeup invincibility on cartwheel can get her out of some of Bane's BS oki shenanigans...Teleport can avoid charge pretty easily as long as Bane isn't right on top of you, and puts you pretty far away so you can chip away and zone, forcing him to come in and make something happen. That in itself gives BG an edge IMO since the Bane player will have to work their way in more often than the BG player. The flow of this MU feels like definite BG advantage to me when I play it against good Banes. She has some overall good ways to stay away from Bane when he has trait, and at the same time as some other good waits to bait and approach Bane when he is vulnerable. I mean 1+ vortex can literally last through an entire buff period into the cooldown, so one hit on Bane even when Venom is active for Batgirl can still end up hurting a lot.
You can Smoke Bomb twice to put Bane in the vortex. The first one gets her out of the way of charge, then you can do another one after recovery, and it will punish and put him in the vortex.

RM Truth

I've played Max a little in this MU. He definitely doesn't seem used to the MU so we'll have to grind this out.

RiBBz22

I think jump over d3 beats it for full combo (but that can be teleported). Also, if they time it exactly right, I think d1 beats it out.

Tbh though Doombawks, I don't have trouble in this MU at all. He can't run away that effectively at all, not with batgirl's dash. She can also pressure him quite safely on wakeup. She jumps over and if you wake up, she makes it whiff and punishes with teleport. Works with the uppercut, charge and double punch wakeups.
You have plenty of other options that should be able to blow up a poke attempt though so I can't imagine Bane can do that for free on wakeup.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You have plenty of other options that should be able to blow up a poke attempt though so I can't imagine Bane can do that for free on wakeup.
They do d1~double punch and it hits you out of your wakeup. You can always just wakeup with df2 though and blow that up. He doesn't dominate oki as much as he does with other characters though.

RiBBz22

They do d1~double punch and it hits you out of your wakeup. You can always just wakeup with df2 though and blow that up. He doesn't dominate oki as much as he does with other characters though.
Yes, that is what I mean.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Batgirl vs bane is 6-4 maybe 7-3 BG. The thing is, batgirls bat evade 1 avoids everything bane does. He CANNOT go to level 3 venom because the moment hes done, its vortex time. Guess wrong and you lose 89-96% 1 bar. He cant running man either because batgirl can tele behind him on reaction, and can tele again to punish. This is only good for bane when BG is knocked down and in the corner. But thats were BG wants you, so its a HUUUUGE risk on banes part if he goes to oki grab her and i jump.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Oh and I have brand new tech with BG thats SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING BROKEN. Her vortex goes from a 50/50 to a 33/33/33. Its fucked up and its even safe. Ill show @EMPEROR_THEO if he stops ducking me and gives me GAA- loljk. Ill show you whenever we play again xD. Need to run more AM mu.

RM Truth

Oh and I have brand new tech with BG thats SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING BROKEN. Her vortex goes from a 50/50 to a 33/33/33. Its fucked up and its even safe. Ill show @EMPEROR_THEO if he stops ducking me and gives me GAA- loljk. Ill show you whenever we play again xD. Need to run more AM mu.
Could you let me know what it is? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'd like to know. I'm going full time Batgirl main at GGA. I also found some anti wakeup tech in the corner that I haven't seen posted on here.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Could you let me know what it is? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'd like to know. I'm going full time Batgirl main at GGA. I also found some anti wakeup tech in the corner that I haven't seen posted on here.
Err I dont think you know lol. Its midscreen and it could be considered a hitbox bug lol. Lets just say this:
B2=B1=6 Frame crossup.

RM Truth

Err I dont think you know lol. Its midscreen and it could be considered a hitbox bug lol. Lets just say this:
B2=B1=6 Frame crossup.
Yeah, then I definitely don't know. I'm assuming your keeping this to yourself for tournaments?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Yeah, then I definitely don't know. I'm assuming your keeping this to yourself for tournaments?
Err im tempted to reveal it now, but ill wait until WB :p. Some people know about it, and I threatened to stab them in their throat if they reveal early lol. Ill most likely reveal if I can get someone to record it

RM Truth

Err im tempted to reveal it now, but ill wait until WB :p. Some people know about it, and I threatened to stab them in their throat if they reveal early lol. Ill most likely reveal if I can get someone to record it
Mmk. I'm not too concerned about holding onto tech so I'll let you know what I found. It has to do with reversing their wake ups in the corner with her cartwheel. I've found that after a knockdown if you dash over them, and do a cartwheel they'll wake up into the corner, but you'll still be behind them. So you get a free 50% combo. I would have to test it further, but I did it to 16 Bit by accident when he tried to wake up trait.

E

Eldriken

Mmk. I'm not too concerned about holding onto tech so I'll let you know what I found. It has to do with reversing their wake ups in the corner with her cartwheel. I've found that after a knockdown if you dash over them, and do a cartwheel they'll wake up into the corner, but you'll still be behind them. So you get a free 50% combo. I would have to test it further, but I did it to 16 Bit by accident when he tried to wake up trait.
Ohhh, I like the sounds of this. Gonna have to give it a shot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

semi-CH n.j.splash beats both smokebomb and cartwheel, but that's new tech that's being developed atm so I can't be concrete on it.
We can do pretty much anything, so far as doing b.1 and stuffing everything. I think I have a video on youtube somewhere of me doing it.

Doombawkz*
And most Banes aren't good at running, but he can run, and theres not much she can do about it since her dash is still < Bane's dash and her normal attacks < Bane's normal attacks when it comes to speed and reach. Its something a lot of Banes should be doing in this MU, but most don't since it moves us closer to the corner (something reversible but some Banes just don't like to) but that's more a factor that Bane-BG MU knowledge isn't very prominent at the top level.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'll record it for you if you want to reveal it.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
if you just normally dash after you end a combo in the corner at all, they will wakeup backwards lol. Keep finding new tech! and @Rip_Torn that would be great!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
if you just normally dash after you end a combo in the corner at all, they will wakeup backwards lol. Keep finding new tech! and @Rip_Torn that would be great!
Yeah this has been known for a while lol. There were threads on it before. Her best HKD are 12b3, 12b2 and db33 and this works after all of them.

RM Truth

Yeah this has been known for a while lol. There were threads on it before. Her best HKD are 12b3, 12b2 and db33 and this works after all of them.
I believe it works for cartwheel too which means that she can do it off her best corner combo for a possible 100% rest.

#DatSmokeDamage

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
What I said was the match-up felt even when sinestro had no trait up, this was pre-patch when his b12 was not a mid and he could be combo punished for 40+%. I never had a problem getting in on sinestro offline and up close it's easy to open him up and keep him close he could lose a life bar pretty fast. With trait it was a whole other story and def a 6-4. Now post-patch it's def worse since he actually can play footsies now and start his vortex off a safe string.

Batgirl, I feel like GL can compete. If GL gains a life lead he can turtle quite well, what's batgirl going to do chip you out with that slow projectile? She has to go in and this is where b1 and lift turn Godlike her OH and low starters are not as fast, you can also bait a teleport and that's a big punish. If she gains a lifelead she can zone you but her zoning is pretty weak compared to GL's other MUs. I still have yet to be beaten consistently by a batgirl player usually I end up winning sets vs them. If you feel like GL loses you're welcome to play me so we can run the match-up I need the practice.

Come to think about it online it's 6-4 she has the advantage cause of delay she can get away with stuff, sometimes I can't even punish teleport lol. Some of GL's super even match-up like DS, Batgirl, Superman turn bad online, and bad MUs like Martian/Zod/Zatanna turn even worse.
ah thanks for clearing that up, i see what youre saying about having the lifelead but thats assuming gets reckless. if im not mistaken she can backdash and punish b13 so even when shes dashing in if she knows the mu and to expect it he can end up in vortex city. reckless teleports are free punishes yes but if theyre doing random tele its more on the player than the character. her zoning isnt raven sinestro or zod bad but that mixed with the fact that you cant zone her makes it pretty bad, i think its uneven and i hate it but id run some sets against your BG if you want.
and dont get me started on online matchups gahhd, but DS Superman and Babs all have slight advantage imo, DS is really close but again they can all punish b13 his best string lol