What's new

General/Other Batgirl is a wasted slot... wait... what?

Ugh...starting to really dislike most of the New 52 stuff I keep hearing. Only good things I hear about it are Swamp Thing being awesome and Babs is out of the damn wheelchair.
it's the writer's fault, that book is terribad i think. at least the anatomy is i'm sure of it.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This whole thread sucks and is tl;dr. I've been out of the loop here for too long.

Anyway, here's how it goes: it doesn't matter if Batgirl has the most unique play style in the whole roster and is just superduperextraawesomewithfriesandacoke. The fact is she's a wasted slot because yet another Batman character, and a Batman character that could've just as well been an alternate costume for Batman. Hector Sanchez said at PAX that characters who are similar to existing characters like this would "definitely" be included as alt. costumes for those existing characters.

Well when the fuck is that happening if not with this character? Why does genderswap Batman get her own spot on the roster before Martian Manhunter or Black Manta or Atrocitus or Animal Man or Brainiac or Dr. Fate or Swamp Thing or Mirror Master or any other character that doesn't come out of the Batman canon and doesn't require contrivances to be -made- into something unique because they are actually unique to the roster.

All I'm saying is, I knew I was totally right in thinking that skipping the season pass would be a wise decision and I'm extremely glad I followed my gut.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I'm was feelin raj a' ghul too. I was thinking also talia ivy. But lets get away from the batman part. What about static shock??? Even though shazam and black Adam are in. I'm startig to get why they put batgirl In. Im going easy on batgirl noe since there is nothing we can do about her anyways. I mean think about this. Wouldn't it be cool to see her in any of the next batman games? What if they have her back as batgirl instead of the oracle. What if she drank the raj a ghul water of life and wasn't paralyzed anymore. That would be awesome. She isn't noticed enough anymore. It's good to see her. I'm actually happy now. I may not play her but its time for this sweetheart to shine.

DreadzTsung Babs actually could've HAD the opportunity to cure her paralysis by taking a dip in a Lazarus Pit. The Birds of Prey actually had a confrontation with R'as al Ghul, and after he was taken care of, Barbara told Black Canary to take a dip in the Pit to restore her Canary Cry. Even if she was monitoring the situation remotely, it was still a good opportunity. Why she didn't take it, I'll never know. As I've said before, I feel that one of the few good things to come out of the New 52 is getting Babs back on her feet. If Bruce could get over being broken over Bane's enormous knee, why couldn't she eventually recover as well?