What's new

General/Other Batgirl confirmed in Xbox Live Downloadable Content Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Can I be serious here? That image totally looks like someone just took the 4 placeholder silhouettes and then modified one to look like MMH so they can say "Hey guys look, MMH confirmed as DLC we all got our wish! =D". You don't see the spikes on the wrist of any of them in the advertised pic, it's just silhouettes.
I assume that wacky (non-professor X looking) silhouette MUST be MMH!!!!

We all know the issue with Assuming.. Specially in a Comic Book Fighting game where half the world has deformed bodies, capes and other oddities. :)

Eddyward

Noob
I think people should have the right to complain about a character they don't like; I'm not getting frustrated by it. If there's something I don't want to read, I'll just skim past it - discussing why a character isn't liked or isn't interesting is valid "discussion" in my eyes. It disappoints me that people condemn those who express their dislike for Batgirl. If Batgirl is your favorite character and she didn't get in, you'd probably discuss your disapproval as well. It only becomes a problem when things get personal, which is the direction things seem to be going.

Anyways, not a fan of Batgirl being in the game myself, but I'm not necessarily disappointed by it. I'll probably end up playing her if she's cool! Here's a quick moveset I designed:
Swingline Trait:
Trait - Swingline: Batgirl kicks the opponent as she swings towards the opposite wall. Batgirl can cancel swingline to fall to the ground, or cancel it by using an attack move. If Swingline is not cancelled, Batgirl sticks to the opposite wall and can move up or down.
  • Similar to Hawkgirl's flight, Batgirl cannot block and has different normals while she is swinging or hanging on the wall, such as a drop kick. Batgirl can also throw her projectiles while swinging or while hanging on the wall.
Projectiles:
Bolas: Batgirl swings her bola towards the opponent, tying them up if the hit connects.
  • MB Version: Batgirl ties the opponent up and pulls them towards her.
Tear Gas: Batgirl throws tear gas, slowly covering up the screen with gas. Useful with Swingline! Can only see the fighters' shadows.
  • MB Version - Smoke Bomb: Smoke slowly covers up the screen, and the opponent's next attack will miss. Cannot see fighters at all.
Sonic Batarang: Batgirl throws a Sonic Batarang on the floor. The distance must be controlled. After a brief delay, the batarang activates, damaging and stunning the opponent if they are near it.
  • MB Version: Rather than throwing the batarang on the floor, the batarang will hit the opponent, immediately activating the sonic shock.
Evade Stance: (I originally had this for Black Canary, but...)
Evade Stance: Batgirl uses her cape to evade an attack, briefly putting herself in an attack stance (similar to Raphael in Soul Calibur). Inputting a button while in this stance will immediately activate certain special moves. Stance can be cancelled earlier by moving.
  • Command Grab - Roundhouse Kick - Batgirl does a roundhouse kick that floors the opponent as she pulls their leg (Dragunov from Tekken!) This can be activated independently without using Evade.
  • Cape Flourish: Batgirl flourishes her cape, dazing the enemy without dealing damage. This can only be activated by using Evade.
  • Bat Swarm: Batgirl punches the ground, surrounding herself with a swarm of mechanical bats that knock the enemy away. This can only be activated by using Evade.
What do you guys think? I tried to make her as far from Batman as possible. I think by giving her two unique mechanics: Swingline and Evade Stance, she becomes nothing like him.

Mulder

King of Heroes
I can't explain this...maybe the WB/DC people thought he would sell more because he has a cult following from the 90s. What bothers me is that apparently they were talked out of putting MMHunter in the game, not only in the starting roster but in the season pass as well

Even Zod may not be popular. While he will be the main villain in the man of steel movie, it's not guaranteed that people will like him, think about Ra's from Batman Begins...

And I doubt Zod will be a skin, he was listed as a seperate character in the leaked game data
I'm waiting and hoping. I just can't believe Lobo'd get in over MMH. To me it seems more like they wanted to make DLC money so that's why MMH was held back.

BGMD

Noob
Can I be serious here? That image totally looks like someone just took the 4 placeholder silhouettes and then modified one to look like MMH so they can say "Hey guys look, MMH confirmed as DLC we all got our wish! =D". You don't see the spikes on the wrist of any of them in the advertised pic, it's just silhouettes.
Sure, I was trying to be serious. I don't really know from where that picture came later on. It never occurred to me it might be fabricated. Just checked it and I might be wrong. I'd like to see from where that originated.

It still looks kinda weird tho, it's only figure with visible muscles.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think people should have the right to complain about a character they don't like; I'm not getting frustrated by it. If there's something I don't want to read, I'll just skim past it - discussing why a character isn't liked or isn't interesting is valid "discussion" in my eyes. It disappoints me that people condemn those who express their dislike for Batgirl. If Batgirl is your favorite character and she didn't get in, you'd probably discuss your disapproval as well. It only becomes a problem when things get personal, which is the direction things seem to be going.

Anyways, not a fan of Batgirl being in the game myself, but I'm not necessarily disappointed by it. I'll probably end up playing her if she's cool! Here's a quick moveset I designed:
Swingline Trait:
Trait - Swingline: - Batgirl kicks the opponent as she swings towards the opposite wall. Batgirl can cancel swingline to fall to the ground, or cancel it by using an attack move. If Swingline is not cancelled, Batgirl sticks to the opposite wall and can move up or down.
  • Similar to Hawkgirl's flight, Batgirl cannot block and has different normals while she is hanging on the wall, such as a drop kick. Batgirl can also throw her projectiles while swinging or while hanging on the wall.
Projectiles:
Bolas: Batgirl swings her bola towards the opponent, tying them up if the hit connects.
  • MB Version: Batgirl ties the opponent up and pulls them towards her.
Tear Gas: Batgirl throws tear gas, slowly covering up the screen with gas. Useful with Swingline! Can only see the fighters' shadows.
  • MB Version - Smoke Bomb: Smoke slowly covers up the screen, and the opponent's next attack will miss. Cannot see fighters at all.
Sonic Batarang: Batgirl throws a Sonic Batarang on the floor. The distance must be controlled. After a brief delay, the batarang activates, damaging and stunning the opponent if they are near it.
  • MB Version: Rather than throwing the batarang on the floor, the batarang will hit the opponent, immediately activatign the sonic shock.
Evade Stance: (Originally had this for Black Canary, but...)
Evade Stance: Batgirl uses her cape to evade an attack, briefly putting herself in an attack stance (similar to Raphael in Soul Calibur). Inputting a button while in this stance will immediately activate certain special moves. Stance can be cancelled earlier by moving.
  • Command Grab - Roundhouse Kick - Batgirl does a roundhouse kick that floors the opponent as she pulls their leg (Dragunov from Tekken!) This can be activated independently without using Evade.
  • Cape Flourish: Batgirl flourishes her cape, dazing the enemy without dealing damage. This can only be activated by using Evade.
  • Bat Swarm: Batgirl punches the ground, surrounding herself with a swarm of bats that knock the enemy away. This can only be activated by using Evade.
What do you guys think? I tried to make her as far from Batman as possible. I think by giving her two unique mechanics: Swingline and Evade Stance, she becomes nothing like him.
1) I agree with you!
2) It is a pet peeve of mine when people misdirect anger.. Especially when it comes to my main hobby (gaming). When people start pointing the finger at NRS for faulty/misleading Season Pass info.. People talking about refunds.. It drives me mad.. And also hurts gaming as a community as a whole.
3) very nice move set list.. Impressive

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I specifically remember hector saying no mk characters will be DLC for Injustice. This is just...wrong.

I'm not bothered by the money, but they have dropped the ball and disappointed a lot of people if true.

I couldn't give two shits about MMH but even I can see how many people want him as DLC. What are they thinking??

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
-It disappoints me that people condemn those who express their dislike for Batgirl.
It's not so much the dislike, it's how they express it.

Seriously, people have gone absolutely bananas. Dudes want developers to lose their jobs because their favorite comic book character wasn't selected for DLC for a video game. A VIDEO GAME. It's absurd and embarrassing. All it takes is ONE post saying you don't like it, not a wall of hyperbole, sexist statements, and personal attacks.

Everyone, take a deep breath and chill. It's only a game.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.

Seriously, people have gone absolutely bananas. Dudes want developers to lose their jobs because their favorite comic book character wasn't selected for DLC for a video game. A VIDEO GAME. It's absurd and embarrassing. All it takes is ONE post saying you don't like it, not a wall of hyperbole, sexist statements, and personal attacks.

What he said.

Eddyward

Noob

Agreed. I'm okay with expressing your feelings; in fact, I think we all should! Only when it gets personal and derogatory is when things become a problem.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
I specifically remember hector saying no mk characters will be DLC for Injustice. This is just...wrong.

I'm not bothered by the money, but they have dropped the ball and disappointed a lot of people if true.

I couldn't give two shits about MMH but even I can see how many people want him as DLC. What are they thinking??
I think it was pre made dude.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Wow.. I'm touched... Really I am.. That so much anger is directed toward moi...

Are you angry because you spent up $15 of your $17 monthly allowance? Or are you angry because your favorite pixelated hero/villain has yet to be announced and future looks grim? WHO HURT YOU TAS?!?!?

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
i think i've pretty much lost all dlc hype for this game....sigh

Same here. Sure, some people are over reacting with the amount of vitriol but the core of it is understandable. If you put up a poll and people vote on it, you expect it to be honored in some way. So now, the characters people want either won't come at all or will be months and months away.

Hype has been bleed from me pretty badly as it stand. I'll get Lobo but have zero interest in the others.

Wow.. I'm touched... Really I am.. That so much anger is directed toward moi...

Are you angry because you spent up $15 of your $17 monthly allowance? Or are you angry because your favorite pixelated hero/villain has yet to be announced and future looks grim? WHO HURT YOU TAS?!?!?
Actually, not hurt... but I do know how to mind my own business. I'm very mellow right now. Money isn't an issue for me either. As I said, I know how to mind my own damn business. There is something called principle. You see I could understand if I started by saying something negative to the people who were cool with the choices... I would have deserved your feedback, but I didn't disrespect you at all. You decided to be captain comment b/c you are hurt that people aren't supporting the DLC you like and mad we are upset at NRS. So, I was just showing you... I can do it better. Remember, NRS gave us Rain b/c we wanted him, so maybe coincidentally some of us thought their reputation would precede them. The people have been asking for MMH since day 1. Deep down you know Batgirl could have just been a skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.