What's new

Baraka General Discussion

kevkopdx

Noob
You are going straight into games with baraka not knowing how to play him and asking people to rate? These aren’t even full matches... it’s obvious you’re promoting your channel lol, just be honest about it ffs

KabalYT

Noob
You are going straight into games with baraka not knowing how to play him and asking people to rate? These aren’t even full matches... it’s obvious you’re promoting your channel lol, just be honest about it ffs
Okie I'll be honest your right, but I wanna see how I did with the character since I go into games blind, I'll put in full matches next time

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Here's some legitimate feedback:

Pick a character whom which you will call a main.

Grind with said character in the lab for endless hours until everything you do is muscle memory.

Grind out 1000's of games online or at locals until you become a skilled kombatant.

Then record your set of matches IN FULL with NO commentary.

Then I'll rate your gameplay for real because what I just saw, even my 7 year old brother can easily beat. It honestly looked like a bunch of people mashing buttons.

Miss me with that s***

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
He's ugly and he has claws in his face and teeth on his arms.
He must be into break dancing secretly.

There, I judged him.

KabalYT

Noob
He's ugly and he has claws in his face and teeth on his arms.
He must be into break dancing secretly.

There, I judged him.
Best judgement ever, you described me perfectly.............................................................................................................................................Or did u mean baraka

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Alright learning Baraka finally.
Still labbing and committing stuff to memory.

What stagger strings do you find are easiest to throw off of on block?
What stagger strings do you tend to catch people slipping and get em with a chop chop?
Do you find the extra normals on marauder easy to use in match? Do you use df1 often? Seems awkward to me.
What's the rhyme or reason to enhanced blade spark being punishable? Does it push smaller bodies back further and get safer? It seemed random af in the lab

Espio

Kokomo
Alright learning Baraka finally.
Still labbing and committing stuff to memory.

What stagger strings do you find are easiest to throw off of on block?
What stagger strings do you tend to catch people slipping and get em with a chop chop?
Do you find the extra normals on marauder easy to use in match? Do you use df1 often? Seems awkward to me.
What's the rhyme or reason to enhanced blade spark being punishable? Does it push smaller bodies back further and get safer? It seemed random af in the lab
1,1 is really good and easy to throw off of. Get a down 3 on hit and the opponent has to guess.

Chop chop I get people with when I do pokes into it. That I feel is best in scenarios where the opponent believes it is their turn. I've only barely played Maruder, but it seems pretty easy and is effective when I did.

It's unsafe because not all projectiles need to be safe up close. It's meant to control space and harass at a distance, but if you do something like 1,1,2 amplified spark that is -9 with pushback so safe. If you want safe special cancels there's alternatives for that. Each variant offers something different.

denuke

Noob
1,1 is really good and easy to throw off of. Get a down 3 on hit and the opponent has to guess.

Chop chop I get people with when I do pokes into it. That I feel is best in scenarios where the opponent believes it is their turn. I've only barely played Maruder, but it seems pretty easy and is effective when I did.
Espio, I need your advice. I really struggle eating pokes when I try to start my turn. I think I don't understand poke game at all. Lets say opponent does string which is -1...-4 and I block it. I try to do 112, first 1 is high, it misses and I eat a poke. Should I start with poke myself? And what pokes is better in marauder and what's next move on hit or block? Could you please give few scenarios what to do and also how do you punish mashers with chop chop? Thanks.

Espio

Kokomo
Espio, I need your advice. I really struggle eating pokes when I try to start my turn. I think I don't understand poke game at all. Lets say opponent does string which is -1...-4 and I block it. I try to do 112, first 1 is high, it misses and I eat a poke. Should I start with poke myself? And what pokes is better in marauder and what's next move on hit or block? Could you please give few scenarios what to do and also how do you punish mashers with chop chop? Thanks.
-4 and especially -1 doesn't guarantee anything when going for highs. Your goal should always be to condition people to block after these attacks so checking with down 3 on hit makes Baraka's 1,1, jail. Sometimes throwing will blow up people trying to mash when they're negative. You need to look at the hit advantage on pokes because it gives you a road map to what is guaranteed and what is not. Marauder doesn't have a safe special on block from low pokes so in most cases if your poke is blocked just block. If you happen to read a grab you can punish or what have you but it's give and take. I like to do down 3 chop chop as it catches jump outs and some Mashers but be mindful some people have low profiling pokes. Baraka has a twelve frame mid that crushing blows that blows up neutral ducking, some pokes too. Walk back and sweep if you don't wanna play the down 1/3 up close game.Does that answer your questions? If not I'll elaborate further :).

denuke

Noob
Does that answer your questions? If not I'll elaborate further :).
Very helpful, thank you. Problems with d3 are short range and pushback on hit so jailing with 112 doesn't always reach. I have noticed DJT likes df3. It kinda create negative pushback. So opponent kinda bows to Baraka and it reaches:)
What about long pokes like d4 and df1? Latter has same distance and hit adv., but is twice faster, right? Both are about +25 on hit. Does it mean it jails to non-anti-airable jump-in? (I have to lab of course.) And what other options on hit do you use?

And last question. Is it a different story with fast mid chars like Jax? How much does it change this poke war mind game?

So I was going to skip KL until I saw the Baraka skin. I was watching VideoGamezYo stream and he brought out Baraka. He did a combo I have never seen anyone do before from streams. Starter>Gutted AMP> dash F4>F21>Chop Chop. The damage is even higher and the main appeal of Baraka to me is the damage output. Any tips on getting that combo off more consistently?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So I was going to skip KL until I saw the Baraka skin. I was watching VideoGamezYo stream and he brought out Baraka. He did a combo I have never seen anyone do before from streams. Starter>Gutted AMP> dash F4>F21>Chop Chop. The damage is even higher and the main appeal of Baraka to me is the damage output. Any tips on getting that combo off more consistently?
I have seen that on twitter, it's the true mid screen optimal ifaik. I would guess you gotta time a sick tight dash cancel between F4 and F21

Espio

Kokomo
Very helpful, thank you. Problems with d3 are short range and pushback on hit so jailing with 112 doesn't always reach. I have noticed DJT likes df3. It kinda create negative pushback. So opponent kinda bows to Baraka and it reaches:)
What about long pokes like d4 and df1? Latter has same distance and hit adv., but is twice faster, right? Both are about +25 on hit. Does it mean it jails to non-anti-airable jump-in? (I have to lab of course.) And what other options on hit do you use?

And last question. Is it a different story with fast mid chars like Jax? How much does it change this poke war mind game?
Not particularly, the poke game with Jax is about the same as anyone else. Jax having a 9 frame mid that is super safe means that's going to be the main checking tool he has so when he blocks something you have that is -4 or -5 you're gonna have to hold that generally and guess if he's gonna do the 9 frame mid, high or throw.

You need adequate frame advantage to jail your highs and start your offense legit. Down 3 isn't generally any worse ranged that most people's down 3's and the reward is guaranteed offense so I think that's an adequate trade off. I never feel like I truly struggle to tag with a down 3. People are always gonna try to turn steal regardless. Even if you micro dash into 1,1 that should suffice, but I don't feel like it is a pervasive issue. Additionally , you can just do forward 4,4 if you land a down 3 if you think 1,1 won't reach. If they try to press buttons they'll eat a crushing blow and depending on variation and screen space, full combo worth of damage. There's always options. Throws and sweep are also good possibilities.

Down forward 1 in Maruder (the poke) is +17 and down 4 is plus 25, but unless you're in the corner the pushback is pretty significant. If you have them in the corner they don't stagger back so you can get a lot of guaranteed ground attacks. I don't think going for the jump is worth it unless heavily conditioned because you have actual guaranteed ground options in the corner and you could lose positioning when you don't wanna lose positioning.

Honestly not sure where I can report this other than here...

Today's patch made Baraka's blood lunge Krushing Blow no longer trigger. Noticed in game. Tested with and without Krushing Blow hold setting. Only way it fires now is with easy Krushing Blow on in practice .

Sigh... Hoping they can toss that fix in with the Raiden mess that will undoubtedly be patched.

Ya that's what I ended up doing. Originally tagged @pakostevens but just threw your suggestions on too.

It's cost me some tight matches..