What's new

Baraka General Discussion

Espio

Jax Whacks Hacks Across Their Backs
Lead Moderator
Anyone been playing any of the match ups against the DLC yet/any thoughts?

So far shield Sheeva versus Berzerker Baraka feels really even and fun. Her projectile is really good so she keeps up alright versus Baraka's zoning. She has some solid advancing attacks, but they are of comparable speed to Baraka's like her forward 1 and sweep. She has good staggers like Baraka too.

Obviously it's still earlier, but I like how the match up feels competitively.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyone been playing any of the match ups against the DLC yet/any thoughts?

So far shield Sheeva versus Berzerker Baraka feels really even and fun. Her projectile is really good so she keeps up alright versus Baraka's zoning. She has some solid advancing attacks, but they are of comparable speed to Baraka's like her forward 1 and sweep. She has good staggers like Baraka too.

Obviously it's still earlier, but I like how the match up feels competitively.
Yea I like berserker with sheeva aswell, only really played Vs v1,V3 sheeva so far though. Bonepicker, maurader decent picks aswell.

Vs RoboCop V2 seems hardest of them cause of the lowshot but don't think be as bad as cetrion is like :D

Vs fujin, bonepicker or beserker seems better than maurader

Really hopped this was patch bonepicker would get the kB altered or even a secondary condition. Maybe next time :(:(:(
Hopefully they do make f44kb blade charge armor break soon aswell, even do what they did in patch notes of making some moves hitbox bigger in combos to make them hit as the armor break

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Can Baraka punish Sheeva stomp with D2? I tried to D2 after screen shake and it wasn't working. Wondering if I did it late or it doesn't work

Scorpion's burning spear damage buff recovery: 47 Enhanced recovery: 28

Kotal's damage buff totem recovery that can stack 3 times: 41

Lui Kang's damage buff that also gives him a threeway teleport mix up recovery: 31

Baraka's damage buff flag recovery: 60

Just sayin..

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Scorpion's burning spear damage buff recovery: 47 Enhanced recovery: 28

Kotal's damage buff totem recovery that can stack 3 times: 41

Lui Kang's damage buff that also gives him a threeway teleport mix up recovery: 31

Baraka's damage buff flag recovery: 60

Just sayin..
And it disappears during the span of one chop chop blades.

And it adds only an extra 3-4%.

And the only way to safely place it outside of fatal blow requires you to knock the opponent full screen.

It's shit.

Espio

Lead Moderator
Whats up with baraka-serker (bf3) not being able to be amplified when used in customs?? That can't be intentional. Its super annoying
Do you have blade charge also equipped with it?

I think you have to have both equipped for it to work on amplify.

Do you have blade charge also equipped with it?

I think you have to have both equipped for it to work on amplify.
Oh, huh. No I do not. I didn't realize they were connected (other than visually). Thats kinda disappointing in terms of creativity for fun Baraka custom loadouts :/. Thank you for enlightening me tho

Espio

Lead Moderator
Oh, huh. No I do not. I didn't realize they were connected (other than visually). Thats kinda disappointing in terms of creativity for fun Baraka custom loadouts :/. Thank you for enlightening me tho
I feel like there's fun stuff with armored shield dash, I'd tweak and experiment and mix and match.

If you want a safe on block special leg kebob does that and it's only one slot and closes the gaps in some thing and lead to a KB to punish people trying to flawless block some of his gaps too.

Command grab and leg kebob is nice if you want a petty mix up game, I think this is great and if we ever get customs tourney legal this will probably be my go to move combo.

I like leg kebob better with command gran than the spikes because spikes sometimes whiffs on certain strings leaving you punishable plus no KB, but then it has some good anti-air applications so it's a matter of weighing pros and cons.

Syzoth

If you want a safe on block special leg kebob does that and it's only one slot and closes the gaps in some thing and lead to a KB to punish people trying to flawless block some of his gaps too.
Leg Kebob cannot be used to punish people going for flawless blocks and lead into a Krushing blow.

11 leg kebob and 112 can both be low blocked, no mixup here and no reason to be hit by it.

12 leg kebob and 122 does not KB if the opponent stands blocking it.

B31 leg kebob and B312 does not KB if the opponent stands blocking it.

Espio

Lead Moderator
Leg Kebob cannot be used to punish people going for flawless blocks and lead into a Krushing blow.

11 leg kebob and 112 can both be low blocked, no mixup here and no reason to be hit by it.

12 leg kebob and 122 does not KB if the opponent stands blocking it.

B31 leg kebob and B312 does not KB if the opponent stands blocking it.
Nothing I said was inaccurate. No kidding you can low block it lol. People trying to flawless block forward 2,1,2 get kb'd and I've done it many times due to the requirements for the crushing blow. No reason to be mentioning back 3,1, leg kebob versus the overhead when there's not a gap there anyway making it not applicable to what I said. Even if the person just low blocks, you win because they have conceded checking your plus string and you're still safe.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nothing I said was inaccurate. No kidding you can low block it lol. People trying to flawless block forward 2,1,2 get kb'd and I've done it many times due to the requirements for the crushing blow. No reason to be mentioning back 3,1, leg kebob versus the overhead when there's not a gap there anyway making it not applicable to what I said. Even if the person just low blocks, you win because they have conceded checking your plus string and you're still safe.
People getting kb'ed from trying to flawless block f212 just people with bad matchup knowledge tbh.

Requirement is to hit stand blocking opponent,
Its kind of muscle memory for alot of people to try flawless block a hit standing as it easier/faster to go to press up from neutral than from holding down.

Just against baraka just have to train yourself to flawless block the f212 low blocking then KB doesn't trigger even if they hit by it.
Think that's what @Syzoth trying to say

Syzoth

People getting kb'ed from trying to flawless block f212 just people with bad matchup knowledge tbh.

Requirement is to hit stand blocking opponent,
Its kind of muscle memory for alot of people to try flawless block a hit standing as it easier/faster to go to press up from neutral than from holding down.

Just against baraka just have to train yourself to flawless block the f212 low blocking then KB doesn't trigger even if they hit by it.
Think that's what @Syzoth trying to say
You're better at words than me. ‍♂

There's no reason for them to flawless block standing here.

Kitana downplayers pretend Semij doesn't exist, Jade down players pretend KitanaPrime and Illusions don't exist, Scorpion downplayers pretend Avirk doesn't exist, Robocop downplayers pretend Sooneo doesn't exist, Baraka downplayers....have tweedy playing the beta.