What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
But that's mainly the point i can't see why it's a 5-5 so i kind of wanted someone to tell me y they think so.
Pretty much the three things I listed.

He doesn't have any high/low mix-ups we need to care about, his best tool for opening us up is that overhead so we can sit on a life-lead.
Wing-wings are incredibly negative on block, and Bane can punish it, even with a MB ding thrown in.
Even his only viable wake-up against us can be baited out and punished.

I$AAC

Noob
So I just started using Bane cause I feel I've reached a glass ceiling with DD. I'm really loving this character, but what do you guys think of the Bane/Frost matchup?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So I just started using Bane cause I feel I've reached a glass ceiling with DD. I'm really loving this character, but what do you guys think of the Bane/Frost matchup?
Learn your oki timings and get body press down. Also be mindful of your options and her frames.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@Doombawkz what's NW vs bane

Bane vs dd
Only NW I've played is Chongo for the most part, and I think one other fellow. I feel its 5-5 if the Bane player knows the MU well enough to punish wing dings and minds his spacing. Any Bane that can punish staff spin should be pretty decent off as well, but its never more than a 5-5 imo because the Bane does need to be on-point moreso than the NW (though he gets more out of it when he is, he loses more when he isn't). Its something that every Bane should be able to compete and have an equal shot in so long as he has done his research.

Bane vs DD is one I personally have a bit more experience with, I feel its a 5-5 as well though people make solid cases for 6-4 (@GGA Max , @BiPolarExxpress , @SonicBoomBrad and so-on) in Bane's favor last I checked. Its mostly momentum based, as Bane can get out of a lot of DD's usual pressure options and DD's wake-ups aren't entirely solid. However, on cooldown Bane has a much harder time than against some characters. If he can manage his defense until DD runs out of meter, Bane can build quite a substantial lead with DD's low damage being further reduced by the venom's passive effect, but if he is reckless with his venom then DD can just as easily take it back. Its all about management, so the MU changes on the player-by-player basis. Some Banes are a bit more loose with their venom, some are more conservative. Some can be defensive, some cannot. I can't give a fully accurate number personally, but on my general style in a lag-less environment its a 5-5 to me, a possible 6-4.

Hopefully that's sufficient? I tried to keep it as factual as I can, but please understand I don't have much experience against NW in general so it may be better to ask Max since they have a resident NW.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
@AK Pig Of The Hut

I don't really know if my opinion is relevant anymore, but this is my opinion. I'm pretty sure @Tm_whiteboi said he agreed with this at SCR but I don't remember.

I say 6-4 Bane just because Doomsday can't really do anything to Bane once Bane is in footsie range with venom besides the universal options to deal with him (MB B3, Backdash) And even then his options aren't that great. And if Bane times his trait right he can have level 3 up every time Doomsday gets trait. It's a slugfest for sure. The interesting thing that could make it 5-5 though is that the last few times I've played a Bane I just tried to sit there and out footsie them by poking their dashes and AAing their jump ins. So I'm not positive on the number but I'd say call it a 6-4 for Bane just to be safe.

Although I do think Bane/Aquaman could be 6-4 Aqua for the same reason but when I tried telling this to Jivan he thought I was nuts. So it could just be a personal thing.

@AK Pig Of The Hut

I don't really know if my opinion is relevant anymore, but this is my opinion. I'm pretty sure @Tm_whiteboi said he agreed with this at SCR but I don't remember.

I say 6-4 Bane just because Doomsday can't really do anything to Bane once Bane is in footsie range with venom besides the universal options to deal with him (MB B3, Backdash) And even then his options aren't that great. And if Bane times his trait right he can have level 3 up every time Doomsday gets trait. It's a slugfest for sure. The interesting thing that could make it 5-5 though is that the last few times I've played a Bane I just tried to sit there and out footsie them by poking their dashes and AAing their jump ins. So I'm not positive on the number but I'd say call it a 6-4 for Bane just to be safe.

Although I do think Bane/Aquaman could be 6-4 Aqua for the same reason but when I tried telling this to Jivan he thought I was nuts. So it could just be a personal thing.
Really feel that aqua bane is a 5-5. His long range normals are frustrating but you can stuff everything he does on knockdown. Both have pretty damn good footsies.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
After looking at Ferra/Torr I'm thinking that they are not the Bane replacement I was hoping for. That armor is at the cost of health. Kotal Kahn maybe? Tremor? sigh...there will never be another Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Kotal is looking like it.
Did you see that overhead slam? Its what we've always wanted Ring Toss to be. Also totem giving him 50%+ damage, decent armor, good mobility...
He could be the one.