What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'll say this.
MMH is as much a losing MU for Bane as Superman is a death MU for Bane.
You need to know what the hell you are doing, but Bane has all the tools to make it even.
MMH has the tools to stay just outside of Bane's reach and whiff punish hard, he keep out and zone when he needs to, can get in and open Bane up when appropriate, he can plays footsies mostly outside of Bane's reach with trait, he has solid wake ups, high damage, and his mb b3 is one of the best tools any character could ask for against Bane.
Even if you're right and there's a feasible window to command grab that beats all his wake ups or there's some other oki I'm missing that slants thing more in Bane's favor I'm just not buying that it's even.

@dribirut Please enlighten them on the even-ness of this matchup lol.

MMH wakeups are pretty bad tbh, we can poke him out of a lot of string gaps as well. Martian does have a lot of good things in this matchup. Difference is we can stop him at any venom level, and can crush him with damage/oki. To me him and Wonder Woman are the epitomy of an even matchup. Both sides have to play smart or you get blown up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
MMH has the tools to stay just outside of Bane's reach and whiff punish hard, he keep out and zone when he needs to, can get in and open Bane up when appropriate, he can plays footsies mostly outside of Bane's reach with trait, he has solid wake ups, high damage, and his mb b3 is one of the best tools any character could ask for against Bane.
Even if you're right and there's a feasible window to command grab that beats all his wake ups or there's some other oki I'm missing that slants thing more in Bane's favor I'm just not buying that it's even.
He has which tools? An air dash and no range on his normals without trait? Mediocre dashing? Teleports which can just be eaten through?

His zoning is sub-par and its not that hard to get in on as long as you aren't ramming your face into orbs. Like his zoning is pretty much a non-factor. He can't keep Bane out, but he can punish reckless Banes who don't know how to not eat an orb. Bane gets to walk in sometimes and MMH can't do much about it.

He can get in how? He doesn't have much of anything to approach with outside of being traited and he has to respect the fact that we can both outpoke him when he is out of trait and just armor through everything else.

Trait is about all he has and even then it only helps him in the neutral for a little while.

His damage is high but thats when he has a set-up that works for him, and against Bane you really shouldn't be falling into it with how amazing the backdash is as well as your options to crack him open if he tries.

His wake-ups are solid how? Solid as in blown up by everything by guessing "he might body press", or solid in the way that it all loses to lead-in charge/DP/ dead-zoned f.3?

His Mb b.3 isn't bad but you don't hear flash players writing home about their double hit b.3.

Like Bane can't go yolo. Theres a lot of matches where he can't. He has to play patient, and he has to abuse the fact that barring which MMH is gomu gomu, he loses in the neutral even harder than usual. The problem is Banes are treating this as though we are fighting someone like Raven where you NEED to go ham every single moment otherwise you won't get through. We can afford to sit back on a life-lead, we can afford to throw a poke or two when he isn't traited and we can afford to make him guess every time we sit in that sweep spot of range. I've had more MMHs burning through MB b.3s guessing against me, but their ego betrayed them. MMH is good when he has trait and Bane doesn't, which is sometimes but not often enough to skew the numbers. Otherwise, MMH has to respect Bane and the Bane has to impart a little respect back when he goes in. That being said, MMH does have the tools he does so its not hugely in Banes favor because he does have to respect him, but that little bit of patience goes a looooong way.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

MMH wakeups are pretty bad tbh, we can poke him out of a lot of string gaps as well. Martian does have a lot of good things in this matchup. Difference is we can stop him at any venom level, and can crush him with damage/oki. To me him and Wonder Woman are the epitomy of an even matchup. Both sides have to play smart or you get blown up.
i always said martian beats him but tbh i could see it being even as well.. Most of the match is in martians control, but once you are knockeddown, dear god its annoying. I could be winning by 90% but that doesnt mean much since bane can come back with one knock down

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

btw i picked up bane.. god he is too much fun (besides a few matchups)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
this is off topic but ive played about 90% of the cast and have to say bane is the most fun.. it is sooo gratifying to knock someone down and take 90 percent of his health

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
this is off topic but ive played about 90% of the cast and have to say bane is the most fun.. it is sooo gratifying to knock someone down and take 90 percent of his health
Its not off topic at all. This is Bane forum, hearing someone having fun on our character is why we exist.

Also as to a few MUs, he is fun until you have to think, and then he is tedious but rewarding when you win.

Lastly to your MMH controlling most of the match, I have to disagree with respect. MMH controls space well, but once he enters that d.1/d.2 bubble unless he has trait churning and we don't I'd have to say his mid-close/close game loses out to Bane's bigger options. MB b.3 is one option, but if you make the wrong guess you have a big chance of eating the d.1xxDP before your b.3 makes it all the way out and having spent a bar for your troubles. I can agree when he has trait it evens it up quite a bit, but still I can't firmly say he has as much control over everything as you allude to. I also find his approach options lackluster but thats just me.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'll give those ideas a try during my next MMH set. I'll also take him into practice and try to figure ways to pressure on wakeup.

He has which tools? An air dash and no range on his normals without trait? Mediocre dashing? Teleports which can just be eaten through?

His zoning is sub-par and its not that hard to get in on as long as you aren't ramming your face into orbs. Like his zoning is pretty much a non-factor. He can't keep Bane out, but he can punish reckless Banes who don't know how to not eat an orb. Bane gets to walk in sometimes and MMH can't do much about it.

He can get in how? He doesn't have much of anything to approach with outside of being traited and he has to respect the fact that we can both outpoke him when he is out of trait and just armor through everything else.

Trait is about all he has and even then it only helps him in the neutral for a little while.

His damage is high but thats when he has a set-up that works for him, and against Bane you really shouldn't be falling into it with how amazing the backdash is as well as your options to crack him open if he tries.

His wake-ups are solid how? Solid as in blown up by everything by guessing "he might body press", or solid in the way that it all loses to lead-in charge/DP/ dead-zoned f.3?

His Mb b.3 isn't bad but you don't hear flash players writing home about their double hit b.3.

Like Bane can't go yolo. Theres a lot of matches where he can't. He has to play patient, and he has to abuse the fact that barring which MMH is gomu gomu, he loses in the neutral even harder than usual. The problem is Banes are treating this as though we are fighting someone like Raven where you NEED to go ham every single moment otherwise you won't get through. We can afford to sit back on a life-lead, we can afford to throw a poke or two when he isn't traited and we can afford to make him guess every time we sit in that sweep spot of range. I've had more MMHs burning through MB b.3s guessing against me, but their ego betrayed them. MMH is good when he has trait and Bane doesn't, which is sometimes but not often enough to skew the numbers. Otherwise, MMH has to respect Bane and the Bane has to impart a little respect back when he goes in. That being said, MMH does have the tools he does so its not hugely in Banes favor because he does have to respect him, but that little bit of patience goes a looooong way.
Lol at the theory fighting again. All that is coming from a guy who has over 5000 hours logged in on training but claims he has no time to go online and play people to actually see how everything works in a practical situation.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'll cut this short. No one, I mean literally no one, cares about anything you're saying.
To save you the time, and me the annoyance, here is what you get from me:

Thanks for watching the podcast long enough to find out how many hours I spent in training mode.
That is all. :cool:

I'll cut this short. No one, I mean literally no one, cares about anything you're saying.
To save you the time, and me the annoyance, here is what you get from me:

Thanks for watching the podcast long enough to find out how many hours I spent in training mode.
That is all.
Apparently you care enough to reply. And apparently you're caught lying about something.
:cool:

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Anybody have any juicy shit against superman? I dont think the matchup is that hard but it is certainly a pain in the rump.

iTz the Badger

6th Best Bane in Idaho
It sure is a pain to try and find specific matchup stuff within these 59 pages... Is there anyway to have like an index at the beginning or maybe fill out the first page with brief matchup notes?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It sure is a pain to try and find specific matchup stuff within these 59 pages... Is there anyway to have like an index at the beginning or maybe fill out the first page with brief matchup notes?
Theres always the tried and true method of just asking about a MU, usually people will answer with more recent, viable information.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Block high, pressure on wake-up, learn how to bait out staff spin.
But heres the thing i don't thing you should be i staff unless you want to mix up with ground pound or baiting a raw grab. Also i don't think you should wake up in staff stance because venom DP will beat it out every time untill they think your going to start blocking it. And in the start of a match Nightwing players will think they can just do wing dings be they can't because Banes back dash it to make it wiff or they can take a risk and dash forward and do a D2 combo punish witch will put them into a great spot.But i do think that the thing that will make Nightwing win this match is the chip damage because Nightwings wing dings do so much chip and i will get great pressure for inst air wing ding MB that will make it alot harder for bane to countinue what he is trying to do.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
But heres the thing i don't thing you should be i staff unless you want to mix up with ground pound or baiting a raw grab. Also i don't think you should wake up in staff stance because venom DP will beat it out every time untill they think your going to start blocking it. And in the start of a match Nightwing players will think they can just do wing dings be they can't because Banes back dash can make it wiff or they can take a risk and dash forward and do a D2 combo punish witch will put them into a great spot.But i do think that the thing that make Nightwing win this match is the chip damage because Nightwing wing dings do so much chip and i get great pressure for ins air wing ding MB that will make it alot harder for bane to countinue what he is trying to do.
If thats how you see it, why ask for MU talk? You seem to have it pretty figured out :p