What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly I'm worried about bane in this game

I just want to make sure some MUs are winnable.
You can trust me that he actually has nothing worse than a 6-4/4-6 against anyone in the cast. Just about everyone is lacking in wake-up so the fact that he makes a living abusing people's inability to get up on top of having armored wake-ups and more frame-traps than you can shake a stick at...

He either loses by a tiny bit via multi-hit zoning, or wins by a fair amount by eating people's wake-ups.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You can trust me that he actually has nothing worse than a 6-4/4-6 against anyone in the cast. Just about everyone is lacking in wake-up so the fact that he makes a living abusing people's inability to get up on top of having armored wake-ups and more frame-traps than you can shake a stick at...

He either loses by a tiny bit via multi-hit zoning, or wins by a fair amount by eating people's wake-ups.
I strongly disagree

I need to see if a Bane can beat my joker - I think at highest level it's 7-3/8-2

Keep in mind I'm not attacking bane's players I'm just questioning this character's validity in tons of MUs

Lets start w joker

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I strongly disagree

I need to see if a Bane can beat my joker - I think at highest level it's 7-3/8-2

Keep in mind I'm not attacking bane's players I'm just questioning this character's validity in tons of MUs

Lets start w joker
Fair enough.
I can get in past your gunshots simply by block-dashing, at about mid-screen I can free-punish with a charge on reaction and punish.
Teeth resets are not only avoidable, I can just venom command grab through them for punishments
My neutral grab is faster than about 80% of your wake-up
Nothing you have on wake-up beats double punch or venom upper
Parry, the only tool you have to stop most of my kit, is beaten by command grab, neutral grab, and air splashes
You lack a reliable anti-air to deal with j.2 and j.d.3 on wake-up
You don't exactly have the most reliable rush-down meaning I have more leniency to go to level 3 and wait out the cooldown

What exactly do you have in terms of advantage?

All bane really has is armor on his specials, and they can't even be comboed off. And one of them does horrible damage.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Fair enough.
I can get in past your gunshots simply by block-dashing, at about mid-screen I can free-punish with a charge on reaction and punish.
Teeth resets are not only avoidable, I can just venom command grab through them for punishments
My neutral grab is faster than about 80% of your wake-up
Nothing you have on wake-up beats double punch or venom upper
Parry, the only tool you have to stop most of my kit, is beaten by command grab, neutral grab, and air splashes
You lack a reliable anti-air to deal with j.2 and j.d.3 on wake-up
You don't exactly have the most reliable rush-down meaning I have more leniency to go to level 3 and wait out the cooldown

What exactly do you have in terms of advantage?
I hate theory fighting

Lets just play

Add me

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Awesome. Come to Grundy. Grundy crush bane
Grundy doesn't actually win against Bane, as odd as it sounds. We can trade armor for armor, but ours has the better end of the deal. Dishing out in the area of ~10% against you and only taking 2% or so in rebuttal in the beginning is helpful, and at level 3 we ignore all of your armor for the most part. Plus we are hella hard to get in on since we can punish swamp hands from nearly 3/4 screen.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Superman was bad too. MBing the laser breaks armor on the charge and has huge knockback. I guess saving for super worked out lol
Yea im nowhere near a superman main. I just play him for fun AKA what i hit in that video haha. If i ever say i have a good superman i expect to get blown up by everyone. Hes just fun to mess around with cause hes kinda broke.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its my favorite thing to happen in this game so far. It would have done 87% had he not died first. When i hit it i think i fell to the floor dying of laughter.
I thought it was cute, personally. Superman can do that in a very situational type deal, its adorable.
Tell the superman mains to come back when they can do it 3 times per match, then they have my permission to die.

Doombawkz

If it's alright with you, I'd like to get some games in with you. Add me.

I have both
If you both are on PSN, you can feel free to add me. I'll try to fit in matches where I can but I'm rusty from working the 8AM to 12:30 night shifts for the past ever. PSN is Derplorddewgong

Yea im nowhere near a superman main. I just play him for fun AKA what i hit in that video haha. If i ever say i have a good superman i expect to get blown up by everyone. Hes just fun to mess around with cause hes kinda broke.
And so good against Bane =/

So I'm about to hop on XBOX Live with more Bane training or writing.. whichever suits the game better. But yeah, any one up for some games?

GTag: ATL Escherion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Grundy doesn't actually win against Bane, as odd as it sounds. We can trade armor for armor, but ours has the better end of the deal. Dishing out in the area of ~10% against you and only taking 2% or so in rebuttal in the beginning is helpful, and at level 3 we ignore all of your armor for the most part. Plus we are hella hard to get in on since we can punish swamp hands from nearly 3/4 screen.
swamp hands is +1 on block...your not punishing anything dude lol.