What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
How are you guys fairing against Catwoman? I'm still new to Bane and aren't familiar with a lot of his tools. Her jump whip beats venom charge and venom upper cut though, or am I timing it wrong?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I have trouble with any good zoner tbh. But lately i've had the most trouble with Superman. Any pointers for breaking the man of steel?
His trait ignores armor I think. Don't get reckless when he's powered up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How are you guys fairing against Catwoman? I'm still new to Bane and aren't familiar with a lot of his tools. Her jump whip beats venom charge and venom upper cut though, or am I timing it wrong?
At its sweet-spot it hits twice, use the double punch instead. Rips her out of the air and removes you from said sweet spot.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I usually don't comment on mirrors unless they are exceptional cases, but Bane vs Bane is an exceptional case. It comes down to Venom and who can get the first plus on block/hit move. Movement is favored here, so venom actually cannot be used. Whoever uses venom first loses.
I disagree, the one who manages off venom first to put down the opponent will be the one who gets to take advantage in the wake-up game. After that, the best the enemy bane can hope to do is trade punches which will eventually set him further behind.

I think GL is one of easier Matchups. Most of his specials are one hit so you can armor through everything. He doesn't have much to really keep you out. At least not the ones I've played.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
How is the superman matchup even close? Trying to get in on him is a problem. He can continue backing away, shooting lasers. He gets to every stage interaction before Bane does. Straight lazer does 5% percent on block, forcing you to duck, then MB heat vision hits overhead... even if you block it correctly it stuns you and you get pushed backwards.

Oh, and if you try to venom up and charge in he can use MB heatvision to get through your armor and knock you back full screen.

Also once you get in sweep range you have to worry about him throwing out a f2 (the range and speed of which is ridiculous) for full combo.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
How is the superman matchup even close? Trying to get in on him is a problem. He can continue backing away, shooting lasers. He gets to every stage interaction before Bane does. Straight lazer does 5% percent on block, forcing you to duck, then MB heat vision hits overhead... even if you block it correctly it stuns you and you get pushed backwards.

Oh, and if you try to venom up and charge in he can use MB heatvision to get through your armor and knock you back full screen.

Also once you get in sweep range you have to worry about him throwing out a f2 (the range and speed of which is ridiculous) for full combo.
I thought level 3 venom goes through projectiles completely

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I disagree, the one who manages off venom first to put down the opponent will be the one who gets to take advantage in the wake-up game. After that, the best the enemy bane can hope to do is trade punches which will eventually set him further behind.
Let me restate that, since I was a bit unclear. The first Bane to use Venom to gain armor to make a comeback loses. Obviously, if you use venom to amplify damage, that's fine. But making comebacks in the mirror are hard to do, as Bane has no effective way to get in on another Bane without entering his space and giving the opposing Bane initiative.

D_Matt_Ma

Bane has the worst match-ups in the game. You gotta take big risks for little reward on some match-ups. Once you've accepted that, then it becomes less painful...

For Superman that is trying to zone me out with the duckable lasers, I:
1) Duck, dash forward. If he's cancelling into backdash, you'll recover in time before he can do anything ot hurt you, especially if he's across the screen.
2) Duck, walk forward. If he's canceling into forward dash, you don't want to risk him getting into range for his strings. You want to keep him a jump length away. From here, d+1 poke will keep him out.
If he does the low lasers that can become overhead with meter, I:
3) Stand Block, dash forward. This is great if he's doing it from the air or from a distance.
4) Stand Block, walk forward. Be ready for the anti-air, as his recovery will be fast off a blocked laser where he feints burning meter and makes you hesitate.

Things you DO NOT do unless you are feeling REALLY lucky.
1) Level 3 Venom and charge. It's not worth it against him, where his offense is so safe.
2) Jump... One false move will send you across the screen all over again. It's not worth the risk unless you were already full screen.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Let me restate that, since I was a bit unclear. The first Bane to use Venom to gain armor to make a comeback loses. Obviously, if you use venom to amplify damage, that's fine. But making comebacks in the mirror are hard to do, as Bane has no effective way to get in on another Bane without entering his space and giving the opposing Bane initiative.
Ah. See in my opinion the opprotunistic Bane is the one who wins. But yeah, we are basically agreeing that the Bane that hits thr ground first loses out.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane has the worst match-ups in the game. You gotta take big risks for little reward on some match-ups. Once you've accepted that, then it becomes less painful...

For Superman that is trying to zone me out with the duckable lasers, I:
1) Duck, dash forward. If he's cancelling into backdash, you'll recover in time before he can do anything ot hurt you, especially if he's across the screen.
2) Duck, walk forward. If he's canceling into forward dash, you don't want to risk him getting into range for his strings. You want to keep him a jump length away. From here, d+1 poke will keep him out.
If he does the low lasers that can become overhead with meter, I:
3) Stand Block, dash forward. This is great if he's doing it from the air or from a distance.
4) Stand Block, walk forward. Be ready for the anti-air, as his recovery will be fast off a blocked laser where he feints burning meter and makes you hesitate.

Things you DO NOT do unless you are feeling REALLY lucky.
1) Level 3 Venom and charge. It's not worth it against him, where his offense is so safe.
2) Jump... One false move will send you across the screen all over again. It's not worth the risk unless you were already full screen.
I disagree about the match-ups, since on the other hand theres MUs like Raven and Hawkgirl who are so in our favor its almost insane. I feel like he has some slanted MUs sure, but not the "worst".

For superman trying to zone me with eye lazers...
1) Dash, duck, dash, charge. If you can avoid being full-screen against him then your charge becomes a LOT harder to avoid, and he will have to spend a meter every time to just get you away. Once you are in, you become a lot harder to get out than you might think. You stuff most of his wake-up.

2) Dash, duck, dash, double punch/upper. If he is doing them from the air, you should be able to do a dash and duck, then dash and buffer out the DP or upper, which will armor through most of his stuff. His eyes have pretty bad cooldowns if they whiff, and on block they don't really jail all that well. The MB variant is honestly a plus for us, since that means he can't pop us with super in response to anything.

I do agree don't pop level 3 unless you have to, or if he tries to super you on something safe, you can level 3 super in response and thanks to how his venom works yours should come out ontop unless he traits his, in which case... I dunno :I

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Some here disagree with me, but I feel he wins only one match-up, and that's the Hawkgirl match-up. But Hawkgirl's worst match-ups aren't as bad as Bane's.
Out of curiosity and rarely ever facing Hawkgirls, what makes the match up so in bane's favor? And we should start making a list of his best options against the other characters, I've gotten way too used to abusing venom charge lol

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Venom Charge is pretty much worthless against Shazam unless used to punish one of his bolts, but only at certain ranges. His teleport actually stops venom charge you get punished, at first I didn't know what was happening but I hit up practice mode to see exactly what happens.

D_Matt_Ma

Out of curiosity and rarely ever facing Hawkgirls, what makes the match up so in bane's favor? And we should start making a list of his best options against the other characters, I've gotten way too used to abusing venom charge lol
Venom uppercut is pretty good against hawkgirl, as it forces her to approach on the ground, where she isn't that strong.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Some here disagree with me, but I feel he wins only one match-up, and that's the Hawkgirl match-up. But Hawkgirl's worst match-ups aren't as bad as Bane's.
Dominates Raven and Green Arrow, Has a good MU against Grundy (since we can pretty much fight armor to armor and make him take the damage), has a good MU against Cyborg, Sinestro, Hawkgirl, Body splash > Black Adam, I could go on...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Dominates Raven and Green Arrow, Has a good MU against Grundy (since we can pretty much fight armor to armor and make him take the damage), has a good MU against Cyborg, Sinestro, Hawkgirl, Body splash > Black Adam, I could go on...
Really, Cyborg? That block infinite doesn't faze the Bat Breaker?

I really struggle badly against Hawkgirl but I think that's just a matter of learning the match up. RunwayMafia and Espio both fucked me up with that classless winged bitch ;_;

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Really, Cyborg? That block infinite doesn't faze the Bat Breaker?

I really struggle badly against Hawkgirl but I think that's just a matter of learning the match up. RunwayMafia and Espio both fucked me up with that classless winged bitch ;_;
What is your PSN Id? When I did play you? And LOL at Bane having an easy time with HawkGirl. First off, HG's d1 stops Bane up close all day, err day. Bane is easy to avoid mid to full screen...when he starts his charged run I'll hop over that shit like Jackie Joyner Kercer. Secondly, the only move that can take HG out of peak height flight is his DB2 or whatever move where he lunges into the air...but no skilled HG will allow that. So in all seriousness, Bane struggles against "competent" HawkGirls. ;)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What is your PSN Id? When I did play you? And LOL at Bane having an easy time with HawkGirl. First off, HG's d1 stops Bane up close all day, err day. Bane is easy to avoid mid to full screen...when he starts his charged run I'll hop over that shit like Jackie Joyner Kercer. Secondly, the only move that can take HG out of peak height flight is his DB2 or whatever move where he lunges into the air...but no skilled HG will allow that. So in all seriousness, Bane struggles against "competent" HawkGirls. ;)
Evil_PandasXD that one scrub who was clueless as to how to play her ;_;