What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Against MMH diving tele, you can charge him as soon as he phases and it'll snag him out of both. Otherwise, try to use your d.1 as the reach will let you poke his attack before it hits you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane vs GL?
Undecided, its a mix between 6-4 for both sides of the spectrum.
Mustard and some thing its out favour, Aug and some others think its yours.
I personally just say it's 5-5 for the sake of not caring.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Bane vs GL?
Undecided, its a mix between 6-4 for both sides of the spectrum.
Mustard and some thing its out favour, Aug and some others think its yours.
I personally just say it's 5-5 for the sake of not caring.
bane up close vs gl wins it. but what about midrange and far? Gl wins from those distances imo. I haven't played a bane highest lvl yet. But how I would play it is keep away then get in when trait wears off.

It could possibly be 5-5 but I feel GL only has that slight adv tho.

haketh

Noob
So what is the bane player consensus on gl mu? I think its only 6-4 gl. Might become 5-5 in future
This is gonna sound strange coming from me but I say 5-5, Minigun is something Bane always has to worry about but on good reads when in you can punish sloppy ones and on read if they wanna push you all the way back they have to burn meter and personally I think GL doesn't build meter as free in this MU as others. And like some characers GL is pretty free when knocked down. If the patch makes Minigun an actual projectile I see this as 6-4 Bane's favor.

Also I think MMH is 5-5 too. I think the only really really bad MUs Bane has are Hawkgirl, Cyborg, Batman, Black Adam, Killer Frost *Probably the worse*, Batgirl, and Zod. Yeha I don't think Supes is that bad, 6-4 Supes favor at worse.

bane up close vs gl wins it. but what about midrange and far? Gl wins from those distances imo. I haven't played a bane highest lvl yet. But how I would play it is keep away then get in when trait wears off.

It could possibly be 5-5 but I feel GL only has that slight adv tho.
That's pretty much it but the margin for error on GL is pretty high if the Bane can get too midrange and play patient, you're pretty much stuck exclusively to using minigun at mid range, B+1 isn't as good as it usually is in this MU because Double Punch is a decent check when venomed up at that range.

Celerate this moment, rare uplaying for Bane from me.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
This is gonna sound strange coming from me but I say 5-5, Minigun is something Bane always has to worry about but on good reads when in you can punish sloppy ones and on read if they wanna push you all the way back they have to burn meter and personally I think GL doesn't build meter as free in this MU as others. And like some characers GL is pretty free when knocked down. If the patch makes Minigun an actual projectile I see this as 6-4 Bane's favor.

Also I think MMH is 5-5 too. I think the only really really bad MUs Bane has are Hawkgirl, Cyborg, Batman, Black Adam, Killer Frost *Probably the worse*, Batgirl, and Zod. Yeha I don't think Supes is that bad, 6-4 Supes favor at worse.

That's pretty much it but the margin for error on GL is pretty high if the Bane can get too midrange and play patient, you're pretty much stuck exclusively to using minigun at mid range, B+1 isn't as good as it usually is in this MU because Double Punch is a decent check when venomed up at that range.

Celerate this moment, rare uplaying for Bane from me.
interesting. So is it hard for bane to deal with Gl vortex or na?

It may seem like a winning a mu for bane when he gets in but idk still seems like gl favor just slight.
Its just my opinion more banes need to come out to tournies so I can play some.
Obviously I know nothing of Strength!!! lol

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Once you see it a few times and get the timing down, GL's vortex isn't too problematic because Bane's wakeups deal with it easily. He has to burn a bar for MB f.3 to make it scary, but that's meter that he needs for combos and for MB rocket/minigun to keep Bane away or check him for trying to charge w/o lvl 3. And if Bane is really afraid of it, he can pump to lvl 3 and there's not much GL can do when he gets in the reset situation except try to neutral jump and bait a double punch.

The hardest thing about GL's vortex for Bane is figuring out the timing to do a wakeup. It's not really left/right ambiguous, just high/low.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
interesting. So is it hard for bane to deal with Gl vortex or na?

It may seem like a winning a mu for bane when he gets in but idk still seems like gl favor just slight.
Its just my opinion more banes need to come out to tournies so I can play some.
Obviously I know nothing of Strength!!! lol
We actually don't have that much trouble getting in.
I think it takes one dash to get from mid-range to close for us.

haketh

Noob
We actually don't have that much trouble getting in.
I think it takes one dash to get from mid-range to close for us.
Yeah, which is why if the Minigun gets fixed the MU is gonna swing in our favor. TBH I think it shouldn't be, Ligntning on the other hand fuck that shit.

GL can still blow up a non-level 3 venom charge with an MB rocket instead of leaning on the Minigun.

Edit: This isn't to say that the match isn't more in Bane's favor, just that he still has some options.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I've been poking around my Green Arrow boards and got some folks curious on Bane matchups. What would you say his best options are against our Bane and what should he be the most worried about?

Green Arrow doesn't have all that many options against Bane. Arrows are a no go as we can armor through those easily. He can't fake us out with his overhead/low ice arrow shenanigans as we can just armored charge if he draws his arrow. His jump arc is really bad. It's really easy to AA. We can actually AA him with double punches. His wakeup options are limited. His jump backwards arrow into the ground move is his best bet, but we can catch that with charge easily. You can actually catch it with double punch if you get it just right. His damage is low so it doesn't even matter much if we get caught in combos.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hurricane bow at max range has some decent ability, outside of that my only advice is to go for max damage, don't bother with the resets or arrow draws outside of after Enders. Ice arrow is nonexistent in the mu so avoid it.

shaowebb

Hurricane bow at max range has some decent ability, outside of that my only advice is to go for max damage, don't bother with the resets or arrow draws outside of after Enders. Ice arrow is nonexistent in the mu so avoid it.
How is it non existent? His damage comes from the resets or from Mb dead on or sky alert tossed in after little tick launchers mid screen. Outside of that he'd have to corner combo and frame trap which Im not certain he can do on Bane's wakeup game.

Can he not D1 Ice arrow poke Bane or are you saying dont fire Ice arrows outside of mid combo trying to catch Bane due to armor?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Spinning bow on wakeup. It destroys Bane's armor, but Bane can bait it and jump over to get a full punish. Still, at least you're making Bane guess instead of him getting to do armor moves for free. Other than that, he just has to try and bait a charge, and then GA can jump over and punish with ice arrow into full combo.

EDIT: GA doesn't have anything BUT ice arrows. It's hard for him to land a clean hit on Bane because of armor. But he can get in there on cooldown and mix Bane up with f.3/d.1 xx ice arrow and on debuff it will hurt.

shaowebb

That limited huh? I was hoping folks here would have more than the Bow spin they knew to worry about, but its looking like he doesn't have a lot. He cant runaway with savage blast vs armored venom moves and he cant zone the man. Makes me wish stinger was like -2 or something on block instead of -25.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I disagree on the ice arrows. If we get hit by one, we basically get a free cooldown because the scaling the arrows cause make it so we don't have an existant cooldown debuff. Electric arrows will provide the most damage and don't scale near as hard, so if you are getting a clean hit might as well get 37%/50% rather than 28%/35%

shaowebb

I disagree on the ice arrows. If we get hit by one, we basically get a free cooldown because the scaling the arrows cause make it so we don't have an existant cooldown debuff. Electric arrows will provide the most damage and don't scale near as hard, so if you are getting a clean hit might as well get 37%/50% rather than 28%/35%
Wait...ice arrows stop the venom debuff or something? Im confused here...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wait...ice arrows stop the venom debuff or something? Im confused here...
Basically, our venom debuff adds about 35% extra bonus damage to everyone's combos.
Ice arrow scales the combo down by about 33%, give or take.

So for level 3, its as though we only take the same debuff as level 1, more or less. His combos will be doing normal damage instead of the normally boosted damage, and whats more is the ice arrow combos tend to take longer so he would gain less benefit still.

Electric on the other hand scale much less (normal scaling) and still allow for optimized damages that almost break 40% on their own and would likely break 50% with our venom debuff.

Him going for ice arrow set-ups would basically be a cue for us to let the cooldown rock and its basically like us having no cooldown whatsoever as far as damage taken is concerned. We can get the level 2 bonus damage (125% benefit, we break about 50% by this point) and if he catches us with an ice arrow set-up we can take the cooldown and he would still not be breaking 35%.