What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

GL's gatling gun isn't the only issue man. He can keep you in check as you approach with b1's that have insane reach, reset, and mixup potential, randon naked lifts that also cover alot of distance, delayed meter burn rockets, or instant air rockets. You make it seem as if GL is the only one that has to guess and make reads. GL has the spacing tools necessary to constantly put Bane in a guessing game and make the approach difficult for Bane. You CAN get in, it is doable, but it's not free, you have to put in work to get in and be on point with your reads and guesses, because one wrong guess can land you into a reset or otg situation and then he has the life lead to turtle and rinse and repeat the process all over again. GL thrives in matchups where he can control space and force you to approach him. Either way, I'll leave it at that, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I see the matchup as a losing one for Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
GL's gatling gun isn't the only issue man. He can keep you in check as you approach with b1's that have insane reach, reset, and mixup potential, randon naked lifts that also cover alot of distance, delayed meter burn rockets, or instant air rockets. You make it seem as if GL is the only one that has to guess and make reads. GL has the spacing tools necessary to constantly put Bane in a guessing game and make the approach difficult for Bane. You CAN get in, it is doable, but it's not free, you have to put in work to get in and be on point with your reads and guesses, because one wrong guess can land you into a reset or otg situation and then he has the life lead to turtle and rinse and repeat the process all over again. GL thrives in matchups where he can control space and force you to approach him. Either way, I'll leave it at that, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I see the matchup as a losing one for Bane.
Two words: Double punch. Once we get in, we can literally fire off double punches all day and he has to either block to have his attack eaten through. On wake-up, he has nothing since we can do anything and eat through it. b.12/b.13 are both too slow to stop our armored attacks and any wrong naked lift is a free 40+ for us and a force back into that crappy wake-up position. Getting in is practically free since after 2 dashes you can just let loose with armor and he can't stop you. Once Bane is in, GL is the only one who has to guess and make reads, we just have to crap armored attacks at him.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Two words: Double punch. Once we get in, we can literally fire off double punches all day and he has to either block to have his attack eaten through. On wake-up, he has nothing since we can do anything and eat through it. b.12/b.13 are both too slow to stop our armored attacks and any wrong naked lift is a free 40+ for us and a force back into that crappy wake-up position. Getting in is practically free since after 2 dashes you can just let loose with armor and he can't stop you. Once Bane is in, GL is the only one who has to guess and make reads, we just have to crap armored attacks at him.
I used to think this matchup was heavily in GL's favor, but after extensive time playing against good GL's (NOT online all the time), I feel like its closer to 5-5 (although still slightly in GL favor). GL can keep Bane out and create a minefield of zoning and b.1 checks to navigate, but once Bane gets the knockdown, its pretty much game over as you continue to force GL to the corner. Unlike the other top tiers, he literally has no wake ups to be feared (unless he wakes up with minigun while you do command grab, which wiffs because of invincibility...rare situation though).
I prefer when GL players check with b.12 or b.13, because its fairly easy to block (as well as the resulting trait x lift or trait x minigun frame traps) that I can venom up, wait for the blockstun to wear off and punish with double punch and get the momentum rolling.
Also, NEVER jump against Green Lantern unless its a corner cross up. Good ones will lift you on reaction, and better ones will use lift and his newly buffed (and totally stupid) d.2 into a full combo.

I spent the entire first few months of this game losing to GL as Bane and as a consequence, know the match up better than probably any of the other match ups I can think of. GL has two or three main resets he can do as well; these are all able to be read and blocked fairly easily with experience, and even better is Bane can reverse the momentum with an armored wake up double punch if you scout the reset correctly.

So I got in a match with a GL a month or two back... then this. I did it right.
Dude that is a terrible example video to post. That Green Lantern is ass. He doesn;t know how to space or zone correctly, he kept jumping at you, doing naked lifts at poink blank, and kept doing wakeup lifts as you waited with venom to eat through it. He didn;t even think to mb a b3/f3. Horrible green lantern. Just noticed I did not see any single b1 in the entire match nor gatling gun either, apparently his idea of initiating offense was to keep jumping at you.

Dude that is a terrible example video to post. That Green Lantern is ass. He doesn;t know how to space or zone correctly, he kept jumping at you, doing naked lifts at poink blank, and kept doing wakeup lifts as you waited with venom to eat through it. He didn;t even think to mb a b3/f3. Horrible green lantern. Just noticed I did not see any single b1 in the entire match nor gatling gun either, apparently his idea of initiating offense was to keep jumping at you.

Lol yea, that video is a great example of someone who has no idea how to fight Bane. Really though, he may never have fought a Bane ever.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

LOL. I dont even care if its a bad example his salt was hilarious. Dude should have been keeping it frosty at full screen with chain gun and missiles or something. Instead he tries to yolo grab and rushdown which are not the tools to use vs Bane. Knocking on the armor like it wasn't fair in that matchup makes me giggle and smile. Doin' it right in my eyes.

I would have been screaming as I went in for the last hit after all that salt "JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!" as I mash lvl 3 venom. Who needs super powers when you play an inmate too jacked out of his mind on drugs to feel pain.

Jagernaut

Training Mode
LOL. I dont even care if its a bad example his salt was hilarious. Dude should have been keeping it frosty at full screen with chain gun and missiles or something. Instead he tries to yolo grab and rushdown which are not the tools to use vs Bane. Knocking on the armor like it wasn't fair in that matchup makes me giggle and smile. Doin' it right in my eyes.

I would have been screaming as I went in for the last hit after all that salt "JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!" as I mash lvl 3 venom. Who needs super powers when you play an inmate too jacked out of his mind on drugs to feel pain.

Off topic but thank god you fucked him up. I hate people with that sense of entitlement; as if their way is the only way. Good riddance

Mu Chart for Bane:

Aquaman: 4-6
Ares 4-6
Bane 5-5
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 4-6
Catwomen 5-5 argue 6-4
Cyborg 4-6
DeathStroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 4-6
Green Arrow 5-5 argue 6-4
Green Lantern 3-7
Harley Quinn 6-4
Hawkgirl 4-6
Joker 6-4
Killer Frost 6-4
Lex Luthor 5-5 argue 4-6
Lobo 6-4
Nightwing 4-6 argue 3-7
Raven 4-6
Scorpion 5-5
Shazam 6-4
Sinestro 4-6
Solomon Grundy 5-5
Superman 4-6
Wonder Women 4-6
Zod 5-5

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Mu Chart for Bane:

Aquaman: 4-6 -> We Beat him by a decent amount, I'd say 6-4 our favor. He can't wake up since 113 is a consistant answer. Backdash isn't good enough to get him out of trouble.

Ares 4-6 -> See above, we beat him. 6-4 our favor, we can stuff all of his wake-ups using b.1 into anything.

Batgirl 5-5 -> 4-6 her favor, we have answers for Batwheel but not enough to form a solid advantage over her pressure using it.

Batman 4-6 -> This is debatable, I personally agree but some might not.

Black Adam 4-6 -> 2-8 his favor, its not even remotely close. Lightning doesn't count under our level 3 venom immunity and his damage and backdash let him keep a constant advantage over us.

Cyborg 4-6 -> 5-5, we can get through the zoning and his wake-up and backdash are terrible. However, we have to either stay in or stay out.

Flash 4-6 -> 2-8 his favor, we can't do anything about j.2 or Mb lightning charge, his damage is absurd, and he can stay in when we don't want him in.

Green Arrow 5-5 argue 6-4 -> 5-5 argue 4-6, he can actually keep us at an arms length fairly easily. We can charge all of his wake-ups but eventually he will learn to guard.

Green Lantern 3-7 -> Block and dash, he shouldn't be able to keep you out. 6-4 our favor, maybe better but I'll be conservative here. No wake-ups, no mobility to get away, its live and die by that mid-range and we can cover it.

Hawkgirl 4-6 -> 5-5, we can outdamage her but if she plays super lame its harder for us. Wake-up is easy, kinda like GA. Only difference is she doesn't have savage blast to get away.

Killer Frost 6-4 -> 5-5 because frozen daggers will keep you at bay all day.

Lex Luthor 5-5 argue 4-6 -> 4-6 for sure, debatable 3-7. He can keep us out all day because mines will eat our armor. If we get in great, but its a LOT of work to stay in.

Lobo 6-4 -> 5-5, its hard to pressure him but in general we can do it. Same time, he can keep up. Its all up to the better player here.

Raven 4-6 -> 5-5, I'll go on record saying this one. We can keep Raven on the floor, but when our venom runs out or if we get reckless she can make big plays off of it. This is a play it smart and safe level 1 venom battle. Don't let her get away and you can win, otherwise maybe not.

Scorpion 5-5 -> 6-4 our favor, maybe better. The nerfs killed his damage and pretty much every problem since our d.2 got down to 12 frames. Hellfire is still annoying and running into a spear isn't fun, but when the worst you have to worry about is 2 bars for 28% you'll find he isn't too bad.

Shazam 6-4 -> 4-6, we can't pressure on wake-up and he can match our damage. He has range and can run with tele pretty much constantly, so its taking our shots when we can and making them count.

Solomon Grundy 5-5 -> 6-4 or better, we can shut him down in the same way we shut out Ares, being b.1 into anything. At level 3 he has to stop attacking and we get free pressure and mix-ups. Swamp hands is slow and honestly should be punished for free.

Superman 4-6 -> Some people will debate, but with the upcoming possibility for supes nerfs I say leave this one in the air.

Zod 5-5 -> 4-6 Zod can keep us out, he just can't rush us down like everyone else. Still, he doesn't need to. We have to play his game when trait is out, and we have to cover the distance after while the 1 frame ia dash grab and low frame gun shots and orbs are flying. Once we get in, stay in. If you do, its easy since we can armor most all of his attacks.
That's the best of my knowledge so far on the general opinions.

Iight well heres my explanations to all that

Aquaman: Yes he can wake up he can do wake trident lift to combo not to mentions his nomals are better than ours and dont forget every1 can armored 3 raging charge

Ares: You might be right actually 5-5

Batgirl: the somersault hoodiblah is the only thing she has against us you can jumping body splash on wakeup thats what i do otherwise i do not see this lady being a threat

Batman: My opinion the only things you haft to worry about are batarangs and when your out of Venom which is not that scary

Black Adam: Jump over those lighting strikes the only time you need to block is when your knockdown and since dive kick got nerfed he really isnt that much of threat but still is scary might be 3-7 but to me still 4-6

Cyborg: Grabbling hook thing is amazing and his zoning is not that good but is a threat to Bane other than that his wakeup are no threat

Flash: Jumping 2 is good but it could be blocked and MB charge aint that bad and idk bout you i always want him in I need him in so i do damage to him

Green Arrow: This guy is no threat to Bane he can block all he want the thing is once you see that dude about to use that arrow charge him and he cant keep us out that easily

Green Lantern: Gattling Gun and Lift are so stupid its not even funny in this matchup you can block and dash all you want but he will combo into MB gattling and push you right back mid screen

Hawkgirl: so in that case of her hitting use with maces she can get away from us easily and Mace Charge is safe there you go

Killer Frost: Lvl 3 Venom once that goes out jump past those daggers

Lex Luthor: I dont have much experience on Lex so ill believe you on that

Lobo: really? I dont have a problem with Lobo if anything this is 5-5 argubly its 6-4 becuz i have armor i dont care what Lobo does he can get Double Punch all day

Raven: HA Raven is just stupid with that lift note she can do it in the air and note in the demon form i believe it take the entire screen but yea if you do get to her she really cant do much so to me still 4-6

Scorpion: your right Scorpion is bott

Shazam: yes you can Psycho Crusher can be punished with 113 range aint that good but yea he cant get away from us kinda easy but not really

Solomon Grundy: Dont understimate Grundy remember Grundy gets free 30% to more each time he gets a grab he can armor your down 1 or any Banenanigans that we do

Superman: the only reason this is 4-6 is becuz of lasers we would body Superman and I say that honestly up close i have a slight problem with up close game other that he meh but lasers sigh

Zod Not much experience with him yet

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
113 beats all of Aquaman's wakeups, including Trident Scoop. And Shazam won't PC on wakeup, he'll teleport and Bane literally can't do anything about it. With GL, you can charge between mini gun shots after the first wave, and once you get in d1 range he's fucked.

well Idk bout you guys body splash has been working fine on BG and so you mean to tell me Aquaman doesnt get invincibility from wake up Trident Scoop thanks to 113?

That's the best of my knowledge so far on the general opinions.
Aquaman: 5-5 ; I agree here. We have nothing to fear against Aquaman and we basically nullify his trait as we aren't nearly as reliant on combo dmg and our best one launches on the second hit. Aquaman is just solid all the way around. This is actually one of the most balanced matches we have I think.

Ares: 5-5; I'd say the Ares match is pretty even. He can teleport away or even teleport and backdash to avoid a lot of stuff.

Batgirl: 4-6; I don't have enough experience, but I agree with you from what I've seen. That fucking cartwheel is a pain in the ass. I successfully body splashed it on wake up before, but I dunno how that worked out as it seems difficult. She can always teleport grab your ass if you're doing that anyway.

Batman: 4-6; I definitely agree here. His trait gives him the edge for sure.

Black Adam: 2-8; I definitely agree with you here as well. There isn't a fucking thing we can do against him. His back dash and damage are retarded.

Cyborg: 5-5; I agree with you. There's no way Cyborg beats us. Once you're closer than full screen, you can trade projectiles for charge. He doesn't really seem to have much else.

Flash: 3-7; I'll defer to you on this one. I've never played a really good Flash. From the bad ones I've played and lost to, I could see how the matchup could be bad.

Green Arrow: 5-5; I just don't think we've got too much to worry about with GA. We can charge his wakeups. They'll stop, but it opens them up for command grabs. His jump is floaty as fuck and easy to AA.

Green Lantern: 4-6; I still don't think there is anyway we are winning this match up. Gattling gun, good resets, good zoning overall. He can definitely keep us out and mess with our head.

Hawkgirl: 4-6; She's a pain in the ass. If Venom Upper had better horizontal reach, this match up would change dramatically in my opinion. We have to respect her wake up game. It's either charge or block. At best we are still just trading damage which isn't that much of a win unless we're on lvl 3 and we MB the charge.

Killer Frost: 5-5; She has the daggers, the solid air dash, slide, etc. She's solid. I don't think we could claim we win this one.

Lex Luthor: 4-6; I'm kind of deferring to you on this one. I've played some decent Lex players, but I don't know if they ever played the character right. I never had a problem getting in, so they probably weren't.

Lobo: 5-5; I agree.

Raven: 6-4; There is no way we lose this match. She has no answer for our armor. She really might never get off the ground. When Venom is on cool down, we just wait it out and charge her if she tries to teleport behind us.

Scorpion: I haven't played any since the patch/nerfs.

Shazam: 5-5; He can definitely get away for free, but that's all he can do. He's gotta teleport away because we can jump back and full combo his other teleport. We have to make reads to catch his teleports with dashes. His fucking elbow/knee thing is like grab immune and hit immune or something. It's a pain in the ass. I don't think we lose this one though.

Grundy: 7-3; I think this is our one dominant match up. There isn't much he can do against us. His wake ups are completely nullified. We can break his armor all day at lvl 3. We can easily trade charge with swamp hands.

Superman: 3-7; It's just too easy to get sent full screen and eat more chip. His trait is a major pain for us as well. His damage is good and his super is retarded.

Zod: 4-6; Agreed.

I agree on these ones too:

Bane 5-5
Catwomen 5-5
DeathStroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Harley Quinn 6-4
Joker 6-4
Nightwing 3-7
Sinestro 4-6
Wonder Women 4-6

Dont forget the entire cast can armor charge with armored 3 thats why most of the matches are not in our favor
That really makes very little difference. We can break armor with lvl 3 and yolo charging isn't a good idea anyway. Even if we do eat a combo, we traded 20% for ~35% and their meter. It's not a completely horrible trade. Most characters need the meter, so it definitely opens it up for us after. When it comes to charge, the real problem is it can be full combo punished with a jump. It doesn't trade and it costs no meter.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ares: 5-5; I'd say the Ares match is pretty even. He can teleport away or even teleport and backdash to avoid a lot of stuff.

Only he can't do either...? His backdash is butt, dude. :p Also I've been able to consistently Aug Tech him with b.2 and b.1 as well. It seems anything with a moving hit-box will cause it except for like our f.2s

Flash: 3-7; I'll defer to you on this one. I've never played a really good Flash. From the bad ones I've played and lost to, I could see how the matchup could be bad.

Its Black Adam bad. There is so little we can realistically do since he always has access to MB charge and his normal charge will basically stuff any kind of momentum. We also don't have much to stop his wake-ups.

Green Lantern: 4-6; I still don't think there is anyway we are winning this match up. Gattling gun, good resets, good zoning overall. He can definitely keep us out and mess with our head.

He is a raven without teleports and worse mobility. If you think we beat her, then GL is in the same boat. I can tell you its way harder trying to get from full screen against her because of the raven claw pull and soul crushes from near full-screen. Her normal attacks also get two hits out faster. I don't see how GL is harder to beat than traited Raven.

Hawkgirl: 4-6; She's a pain in the ass. If Venom Upper had better horizontal reach, this match up would change dramatically in my opinion. We have to respect her wake up game. It's either charge or block. At best we are still just trading damage which isn't that much of a win unless we're on lvl 3 and we MB the charge.

I've played Espio and Runwaymafia, yeah as long as you can work your way in you'll be winning. Level 1 venom MB charge will do about two mace charges worth of damage so you can force her to give up her wake-up since at best she is doing equal damage but we always have access to the MB option. Its pretty much a 5-5.

Raven: 6-4; There is no way we lose this match. She has no answer for our armor. She really might never get off the ground. When Venom is on cool down, we just wait it out and charge her if she tries to teleport behind us.

We don't lose, but we don't win. She has tools to keep us out and make us eat pillars all day, much more consistently than GL. Her damage is also better, cheaper, and faster.

Scorpion: I haven't played any since the patch/nerfs.

He is sooooo terrible its sad.

Shazam: 5-5; He can definitely get away for free, but that's all he can do. He's gotta teleport away because we can jump back and full combo his other teleport. We have to make reads to catch his teleports with dashes. His fucking elbow/knee thing is like grab immune and hit immune or something. It's a pain in the ass. I don't think we lose this one though.

According to mustard, teleport has invulnerable ending, its start-up that we can stop. We can empty jump back and hit him with grabs, but all in all he has bolts of lightning and the ability to keep away and stop our oki.

Superman: 3-7; It's just too easy to get sent full screen and eat more chip. His trait is a major pain for us as well. His damage is good and his super is retarded.

I never thought it was a bad one since our dash is so good, and I hear the lazers are getting a nerf so take from that what you will. He has ass wake-ups and his trait is useless under pressure so as long as you can keep him frame trapped he can't do much to stop you.

That's pretty much the run down as I see it personally.