What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You can't punish it at point black range. It trades or you lose. Charge i mean.
I honestly can't remember if at point blank range I ever punished shoulder...have to try it later, but if WCC is too slow it should be possible to react to shoulder with MB B3.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
It's complete bullshit that he can throw out the Hellfires with no risk and it's unblockable.
You can neutral jump it on reaction, or just get a free jump in if you are close enough. You just got to be ready and aware of your opponents tendencies.

big_aug

Kombatant
You can neutral jump it on reaction, or just get a free jump in if you are close enough. You just got to be ready and aware of your opponents tendencies.
Yea, it pisses me off I can't eat it with armor and punish him with a charge. That's all. You'd think you'd be able to considering you can't bblock it.

Can't wait out venom cool down against Scorpion.

Onilordasmodeus

Yea, it pisses me off I can't eat it with armor and punish him with a charge. That's all. You'd think you'd be able to considering you can't bblock it.

Can't wait out venom cool down against Scorpion.
You can armor through it, you just have to time it right. And yes, it does suck that you can't chill during the cool down period. Scorpion owns Bane especially during that time.

Enenra

Go to hell.
It's bad, Scorpion is too nimble. His zoning works against Bane, you can't always jump or you will get spear'd/tele'd for combo. When you get in, Scorpion has safe wake ups and awesome pokes. He can also just teleport on read and now you are getting pressured. If I see you charging, armor or not, I can tele and you're fucked. I'm on the other side of the screen and you're down a bar. Don't jump in at me either, you will get teleport'd into combo, uppercutted, or air thrown.

It's bad. Sorry bros. Except I'm not, Scorpion kicks ass and to hell with you.

big_aug

Kombatant
It's bad, Scorpion is too nimble. His zoning works against Bane, you can't always jump or you will get spear'd/tele'd for combo. When you get in, Scorpion has safe wake ups and awesome pokes. He can also just teleport on read and now you are getting pressured. If I see you charging, armor or not, I can tele and you're fucked. I'm on the other side of the screen and you're down a bar. Don't jump in at me either, you will get teleport'd into combo, uppercutted, or air thrown.

It's bad. Sorry bros. Except I'm not, Scorpion kicks ass and to hell with you.

He has like crazy jump in teleport cross up shit lol

Onilordasmodeus

You can armor through but he still has time to block. Thats what I'm saying.
True. I swear, the only buff i want from Bane is a way to cancel the bull charge. That would give him some great options. Imagine charging in and canceling into an uppercut on jumping opponents, or canceling into his throw? I'd play Bane so much more if that was the case with him.

Then again, that might make him a little OP.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
It's bad but not impossible. I beat one out of like the 4 I played Earlier, almost 2 fights. It's a pretty bad matchup from my short experience with Bane./

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
New stuff is always hard to fight. Give it a week and get some experience and you'll find he is just a worse KF with lower damage output and meter dependency, and not much on wake-up to boot. Then everyone will be like "well duh of course".

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Ok, so two questions.

1)I can't see any of the matchups. I see the picture and the spoiler button, I click it, nothing. Every character just shows up blank.

2)Can some one please tell me how to play against a Batgirl. I seriously can not fight a single Batgirl. I just get blown up everytime. Secrets? Is this MU as bad as I think it is?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ok, so two questions.

1)I can't see any of the matchups. I see the picture and the spoiler button, I click it, nothing. Every character just shows up blank.

2)Can some one please tell me how to play against a Batgirl. I seriously can not fight a single Batgirl. I just get blown up everytime. Secrets? Is this MU as bad as I think it is?
1) We don't have numbers to put there or even general advice because of the changes.

2) Its as bad as it is, you might think worse. I'd agree at this point its not in our favor but I wouldn't say overwhelmingly so. The new changes to wake-up actually let us deal a fair bit more pressure into people.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Oh ok thanks. I honestly thought that was my browser or something haha.
And yeah, I seriously have a terrible time against her. Then again I picked the game up a day ago and don't know everything about bane. But thanks.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh ok thanks. I honestly thought that was my browser or something haha.
And yeah, I seriously have a terrible time against her. Then again I picked the game up a day ago and don't know everything about bane. But thanks.
She is tough at all levels, but I mean its just like every other MU. Yomi, oki, and uphill. If you reach the top of the hill and don't fall off, you win.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Hellfire is slower than it is in MK9, just get used to the start up animation. Once you see it or predict it, dash up and start your combos with b23 or whatever the biggest hit is. Shit is hella slow.

RWDY Nori

MK is kinda dope
If you truly think you can beat a scorpion with a brain by simply holding down, I don't know what else to say brother

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
If anybodys is on xbl, play a set with Curse Ecko. Dude easily has the best scorpion I've seen so far. I literally could not do a thing against him. Closest I got was slight damage on his second lifebar. I started to catch onto his tactics in later matches, but I had to leave for work.