What's new

Babeality Partnering with CGL for New League

In case you missed it, over the weekend the crew running Babeality, the women's weekly NRS showcase, has announced a partnership with Console League Gaming for a new women's league with prizes on the line, including a paid trip to a major. Dates and details below:

Titled "Valkyries", it's a 4 week long league with $100 going to each weekly winner on top of the aforementioned grand prize. It's set to start on August 5th and presumably will continue every week until September. I'm not 100% sure on where interested players can sign up, they might still be setting those details up. For more info, contact Tex Onoharu, I believe she's the one running everything as CGL's FGC Lead.

As for how to watch, the streams kick off 7PM every Monday starting that first week of August. Babeality runs Tuesday's at 8, and their Twitch channel is here. Any ladies looking to sign up for that should contact Manouschka or Llumiya for that.

Last edited:

Comments

Y'all acting like they are making Evo 2019 female only, it's only a small league. TFW Babeality actually babalities men. Jesus dude, what kinda soy ya drinkin'? I don't know if you're aware, but women are intimidated to join male-dominated hobbies because 1)they don't think they're good enough and 2) as we saw what happened with the Smash community, we're more prone to bullying whether we win or lose and if you act surprised when a female FG player dominates, you don't take women competiting seriously, hence the root of the problem. If this women only event gives some women the confidence to compete at bigger tourneys, then I'm all for it.

We also have something men don't have, periods, ya want that too?
Agreed, this can be used as a means of getting some more women into fighting games, which is something I've stated a few times that'd I'm all for doing.

Of course there's gonna be people that are gonna say that people are gonna go easy on them because they're women and "delicate". And the answer to this of course is to Nutpunch them to the extent that their already-small manhood also becomes an innie, giving a literal meaning to the term "go fuck yourself".

After reading some opinions here, which I respect but I profoundly disagree with, I'd like to say that I completely support these kind of events.
I try to put myself in a young woman's shoes and imagine how it must be to try to enter an scene in which you feel the exception, because, you know, unfortunately, the percentage of women in the FG community is still very low. I think that facing these type of situations is always tough, and everybody knows that any kind of hostility aimed at your difference, even when it comes from isolated individuals, can be way more discouraging if you have not a good backing.
As I see it, this kind of events are not intended to be about banning men, but about creating some kind of meeting place where the members of this (for now) minority can meet and realize that they are not the only ones, building community and encouraging young ones to join and to dare to compete in an environment that could be intimidating at first.
See, this guy gets it.

Its cool that people are trying to get more women into the FGC I'm all for that but it would be cool if ya dropped the only one gender is accepted. If we all work together we can probably get some of the best players to train with a few women and see at least one make top 16's.

Both genders have issues making tournaments and paying for travel and expenses as it is. There should be more opportunities for online and local players to get sponsored Major trips and transportation.

Its cool that people are trying to get more women into the FGC I'm all for that but it would be cool if ya dropped the only one gender is accepted. If we all work together we can probably get some of the best players to train with a few women and see at least one make top 16's.

Both genders have issues making tournaments and paying for travel and expenses as it is. There should be more opportunities for online and local players to get sponsored Major trips and transportation.
Here's hoping.

I am not sure I like the idea of segregation as a means of inclusion. These kind of projects enforce the divisions between people, instead of bringing us together. We do not need a women's eSports League anymore than we needed a black baseball league.

What is wrong with everyone just playing together?

This is fucking dope. Babeality is lit. There needs to more women out there playing games. Especially in ours. I've always loved babeality it's just more interesting to most other streams which seems so stale and monotonous copy pasta of others.

This is a damn good idea and I hope they keep this going once it starts up.

Is this on PC as well?

If so I'll tell them I identify myself as a woman, I'm quite curious to see how it goes.
Trans Women are Women so yeah it would go fine

I am not sure I like the idea of segregation as a means of inclusion. These kind of projects enforce the divisions between people, instead of bringing us together. We do not need a women's eSports League anymore than we needed a black baseball league.

It’s not segregation, not in the slightest.if they were only ever allowed to participate in this League & the League was purposefully ran worse than the Men’s League yes it would be segregation. Having a League for a specific group of people that’s underrepresented that’s voluntary is about as far from Segregation as you can get. Please stop being obtuse.

You will have to ask the boys that feel comfortable bullying and harassing the few females that do come out to tournaments that question.
Even if those things happened rarely (which they don’t), word spreads quickly about how women are treated at these events. Not only by other competitors, but by commentators as well.
The fact that we NEED an environment where women can focus solely on competition and improving their game without all that other bullshit is disappointing to say the least.
Not supporting this is willful ignorance at best.

It’s 2019. Who’s stopping me from waking up the day of the tourney, deciding I’m female and then switching back mid-grand finals?
Common decency?
Just because some people have that mindset, it doesn't mean other people shouldn't have nice things. You can't "balance" life around the worst case scenario. By that logic let's just abolish charities because people who don't need them can take advantage of them.

You will have to ask the boys that feel comfortable bullying and harassing the few females that do come out to tournaments that question.
Even if those things happened rarely (which they don’t), word spreads quickly about how women are treated at these events. Not only by other competitors, but by commentators as well.
The fact that we NEED an environment where women can focus solely on competition and improving their game without all that other bullshit is disappointing to say the least.
Not supporting this is willful ignorance at best.
I know man, I always see those girls get stuffed in lockers and their lunch money stolen. I've even seen some of the bouncers they hire to keep these women out too, they're big and scary!

I honestly don't really mind if they want to have an event for women only, but lets not pretend it's because they're being constantly harassed/bullied by evil men that's stopping them from those top 8 placements. Usually the worst shit that happens is they get too much attention when they wander into streams due to how much of a giant sausage fest the events are and some perverse things are said on Twitch turning momentarily into Instagram.

Willful ignorance is the ladder to the giant soapbox.