What's new

Babeality Partnering with CGL for New League

In case you missed it, over the weekend the crew running Babeality, the women's weekly NRS showcase, has announced a partnership with Console League Gaming for a new women's league with prizes on the line, including a paid trip to a major. Dates and details below:

Titled "Valkyries", it's a 4 week long league with $100 going to each weekly winner on top of the aforementioned grand prize. It's set to start on August 5th and presumably will continue every week until September. I'm not 100% sure on where interested players can sign up, they might still be setting those details up. For more info, contact Tex Onoharu, I believe she's the one running everything as CGL's FGC Lead.

As for how to watch, the streams kick off 7PM every Monday starting that first week of August. Babeality runs Tuesday's at 8, and their Twitch channel is here. Any ladies looking to sign up for that should contact Manouschka or Llumiya for that.

Last edited:

Comments

so then keep all that other stuff the same and just change it so that anyone can come and not just the one gender o.o

also, yah i saw that situation with that smash girl, it really gets on my nerves that people would be giving her so much trouble just for winning a smash tourney. not right.
I think its about having some female representation. if it was open to everyone you would get the best of the best, tournament veterans coming in for the free travel to an event so up and coming players who may be less experienced will be pushed out and then the nothing will change.

However there were some interesting points made by @TheTetraSpirit said earlier in the thread where women just don't show up to these events because you barely see any (on stream anyway). or that they just not good enough. which seems harsh but unless this is proven wrong, it can be seen as true. the only top female players I can think of are Yuyu and chocoblanka. that's 2 of all top players, of the top of my head. so this weekly may open door to people who were thinking about going to tournys or were maybe to nervous.

Last edited:
I think its about having some female representation. if it was open to everyone you would get the best of the best, tournament veterans coming in for the free travel to an event so up and coming players who may be less experienced will be pushed out and then the nothing will change.

However there were some interesting points made by @TheTetraSpirit said earlier in the thread where women just don't show up to these events because you barely see any (on stream anyway). or that they just not good enough. which seems harsh but unless this is proven wrong, it holds true. the only top female players I can think of are Yuyu and chocoblanka. that's 2 of all top players, of the top of my head. so this weekly may open door to people who were thinking about going to tournys or were maybe to nervous.
meh, just make it an Amateur Tournament then if its just to get newer players to go to bigger events.

meh, just make it an Amateur Tournament then if its just to get newer players to go to bigger events.
Yeah that is a good idea but then people would be mad that its not a female only event anymore because they want them to be represented more. either way I don't really care, its a good idea in theory but if the players where good we would have already heard about them with how accessible every thing is via internet. stuff like this has happened before in esports, it doesn't expose the really high level female players because if they where that good we would know about them. so its just get more women more active in the scene and to try and balance the dominantly male stigma these communities have.

Who knows maybe one day the best FG player in the world could be female.

Y'all acting like they are making Evo 2019 female only, it's only a small league. TFW Babeality actually babalities men. Jesus dude, what kinda soy ya drinkin'? I don't know if you're aware, but women are intimidated to join male-dominated hobbies because 1)they don't think they're good enough and 2) as we saw what happened with the Smash community, we're more prone to bullying whether we win or lose and if you act surprised when a female FG player dominates, you don't take women competiting seriously, hence the root of the problem. If this women only event gives some women the confidence to compete at bigger tourneys, then I'm all for it.

We also have something men don't have, periods, ya want that too?

Do y'all have this same energy for Twitch Rivals keeping out anyone who isn't an affiliate or partner? Or Eleague for bringing on the same 6 people every week?
I am a twitch partner

its still pretty stupid. Especially the e-league stuff cause its literally based on who you know rather than any merit.

that said im in the twitch rivals thing today so watch my stream

I am a twitch partner

its still pretty stupid. Especially the e-league stuff cause its literally based on who you know rather than any merit.

that said im in the twitch rivals thing today so watch my stream
Good luck dude! What’s your twitch channel?

After reading some opinions here, which I respect but I profoundly disagree with, I'd like to say that I completely support these kind of events.
I try to put myself in a young woman's shoes and imagine how it must be to try to enter an scene in which you feel the exception, because, you know, unfortunately, the percentage of women in the FG community is still very low. I think that facing these type of situations is always tough, and everybody knows that any kind of hostility aimed at your difference, even when it comes from isolated individuals, can be way more discouraging if you have not a good backing.
As I see it, this kind of events are not intended to be about banning men, but about creating some kind of meeting place where the members of this (for now) minority can meet and realize that they are not the only ones, building community and encouraging young ones to join and to dare to compete in an environment that could be intimidating at first.