What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I was gonna be boring an play Batman since I normally play the Ryu of whatever game but I didnt like how he played an really enjoy Raven really like her moveset, now I'am looking for some sick combos with little to no meter
I'm in a similar position. I still plan on using Batman because he appears to be a balanced character but I love the way Raven plays. I'm still in the hunt to add another character to my big 3.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Her db3 is pretty good for anti-airs, catches most jump ins to full punish w/ mb. I have trouble stopping cross up game w/ her though. Doesn't have amazing tools for it tbh. You can still sometimes catch w/ the lift, but it becomes unreliable on wake up (I've caught people over my head, but sometimes they're too far and I get full punished). Tech roll or just block for most cross up game tbh. If you read they're gonna jump in, lift or just go air to air

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I've accidentally stopped cross ups with d2 and you can hit confirm into ex lift so maybe that'll work?

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I've accidentally stopped cross ups with d2 and you can hit confirm into ex lift so maybe that'll work?
D2 is useful against some jumping normals, but not all. It has a really small hit-box above Raven, and the arc in which it hits is very awkward. It's pretty useful, but still not as good as Singularity.

I want to test a standing 2 as an anti-air though, it has a lot of hit-stun and pretty good startup, IIRC. It might be an okay AA to trade with.

Blind_Ducky

D2 is useful against some jumping normals, but not all. It has a really small hit-box above Raven, and the arc in which it hits is very awkward. It's pretty useful, but still not as good as Singularity.

I want to test a standing 2 as an anti-air though, it has a lot of hit-stun and pretty good startup, IIRC. It might be an okay AA to trade with.
Lift as an anti cross up sounds like it might not work but I've never tried it. How fast is her 2?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Singularity is good as an anti-crossup. If you read it's going to be a crossup, buffer using the reverse motion. I've seen it hit really high in front opponents who were in my face. Have to test a bit more though.

Seriphx

Noob
Hey guys, I was messing around in the lab a friends house and I think we found some stuff worth exploring. If you jump in with 3 and it hits deep enough you get a fuzzy guard setup with instant air 1...which you can then cancel in to trait for another overhead or go for a teleport mixup. Also we found a super ambiguous setup with just the jump forward instant air 1 or 3 cancelled into trait then come down with another 3(which can go into a full combo). Its damn near impossible to see if done right, but the timing is a little tight. Just thought I'd share what we found.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
^Raven mains will want to use this. Trust me when I say it's dirty as fuck.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Hey guys, I was messing around in the lab a friends house and I think we found some stuff worth exploring. If you jump in with 3 and it hits deep enough you get a fuzzy guard setup with instant air 1...which you can then cancel in to trait for another overhead or go for a teleport mixup. Also we found a super ambiguous setup with just the jump forward instant air 1 or 3 cancelled into trait then come down with another 3(which can go into a full combo). Its damn near impossible to see if done right, but the timing is a little tight. Just thought I'd share what we found.
Whoa nice. Gonna try this. No video footage of it in practice? Something to reference it by. No biggie if not

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Holy crap I need to test this out in the lab tonight after work. Good find.

Not sure I should stick with her, I like her character, unsure about her playstyle, Lol. She seems to have no range on her strings, what's the go to combo starter? F222?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Whoa nice. Gonna try this. No video footage of it in practice? Something to reference it by. No biggie if not
KH_Seraph He lives like right down the road from me and is coming over to my place to play tonight. I'll try to get the setup recorded. It's one of the most ambiguous setups I've seen in this game yet.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
KH_Seraph He lives like right down the road from me and is coming over to my place to play tonight. I'll try to get the setup recorded. It's one of the most ambiguous setups I've seen in this game yet.
Can't wait to see it and master that tech. I would imagine that's some UMVC3 level shit haha. I never would have thought of doing that.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Godddammit! Just faced CDJR in ranked matches. Almost beat his GOTDAMN Cyborg with my Raven. I KNOW he was sweating. My first Cyborg since launch, but it's all good...

Seriphx

Noob
Can't wait to see it and master that tech. I would imagine that's some UMVC3 level shit haha. I never would have thought of doing that.
Well I am a UMvC3 player, lol. Me and joker will try to get it recorded and uploaded today or tomorrow. I was thinking it over at work and it seems like the instant overhead tele mixup would be abuseable after any combo that ends in lift. They usually end up right next to me when i do it. Still trying to think up a setup for the fuzzy guard though.

Love how she plays, took her through the standard Battle ladder, did well up until Deathstroke. So hard to get in on zoners like him.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
k my impression so far is Raven is a solid zoner but loses to the other zoners, she has "ok" tools upclose and her AA game is somewhat shitty.
my other characters D-stroke and Hawkgirl have their d2 which works really well to stop people from jumping like morons where Raven has this stupid ass d2 that shoots a dumb beam with no range..
Ermac's force push and life were unjumpable on but with Raven that shit whiffs all day =( maybe I need to start playing her as a new character not as a female Ermac lol.

Also, does Raven has a move that gets invul as a wake up move? coz what I heard is projectile-ish moves dont get invul when done as a wake up move, and well with Raven's movelist they can all in a way count as projectile-ish lol.

Oh, and fuck PSN players. Ragequits, hatemail and salt everywhere man. Within the last 2 hours alone I got like 10 hatemails and 6 ragequits..

k my impression so far is Raven is a solid zoner but loses to the other zoners, she has "ok" tools upclose and her AA game is somewhat shitty.
my other characters D-stroke and Hawkgirl have their d2 which works really well to stop people from jumping like morons where Raven has this stupid ass d2 that shoots a dumb beam with no range..
Ermac's force push and life were unjumpable on but with Raven that shit whiffs all day =( maybe I need to start playing her as a new character not as a female Ermac lol.

Also, does Raven has a move that gets invul as a wake up move? coz what I heard is projectile-ish moves dont get invul when done as a wake up move, and well with Raven's movelist they can all in a way count as projectile-ish lol.

Oh, and fuck PSN players. Ragequits, hatemail and salt everywhere man. Within the last 2 hours alone I got like 10 hatemails and 6 ragequits..
the lift has wakeup invulnerability

Blind_Ducky

Has anyone messed with canceling into her stance off a block string? I'm curious if she gets advantage like when batman cancels into his bats.

I'm confused about this whole j.1 cancel into trait stuff for a teleport mixup, as well as cancelling into the trait off a blocked string. Am I living in an alternate reality where her trait has huge startup and recovery that is painfully easy to react to? All of this stuff sounds really easy to block and/or stuff if you manage to spot Raven going demon form for 30-40 frames.