What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
So I played the demo with my sister yesterday and was telling her about who all was in it. I mentioned Cyborg, reminding her of the Teen Titans, and she said, "I'll bet that means my favorite character is in it." I asked who that was and she said Raven. Showed her the trailer of Raven beating the crap out of Catwoman, and watched her reaction. She enjoyed it and didn't bitch that Raven wasn't exactly how she was in the cartoon. She didn't bitch about Raven's face or her voice or how she looked over-all. She thought it was awesome. So see, not every Teen Titans fan out there is gonna bitch about Raven.
Well I like the TT cartoon, and I was hype when Raven was Injustice it must be that I did a little research on all the titans and see what they did after....Raven is very different from the show. So is Robin, Cybrog, BB, and Starfire. I especially love Starfire in the comics. Hell I love all of the comic book version of the TT characters better.

Also you gotta remember TT had some of the best jokes. "Evil beware we have waffles." Raven and Starfie switching bodies. I can go on for hours of all the funny jokes.

Small bump- while waiting for release day.

I hate how people think Raven is all about the TT cartoon only. It's because people didn't know anything about Raven before it, now they are fans of the anime only and acting like that's how she is. Raven is old as hell and was around for ages.

I remember her when I was a kid (86er here) She was never all emo and prissy like in the cartoon today. Her character was never even like that but the cartoon tried to modernize her to appeal to a mass audience of kids. She's actually pretty much a badass, but they make her look like crap emo who complains about everything.

The cartoon is so bad it just stereotypes everything. It shouldn't be used to say that's how these characters are or should be. Raven- the bitchy emo, Beast Boy- the annoying nerd, Cyborg- the stereotypical black guy, Robin- the stereotypical self-absorbed leader. None of these characters were ever this way in the comics...it's disappointing what they did to them and sad so many believe this is how they are.

Injustice is more about the comic side and less about the cartoon...if not obvious already.
What is Starfire in TT? The airhead that is clueless about everything? But I think it's best to throw in TT skins for Raven, Deathstroke, and Cybrog. I got a friend that saw the cartoon and saw how different Raven look and he said cool. He said he wanted young Raven as a skin though.

Espio

Kokomo
I loved the portrayal of Raven in the series and I never viewed her in a negative light as emo and prissy. They emphasized how controlled she was a lot in the cartoons and how she had to keep her emotions suppressed and under control.

She was dark, but she wasn't whiney about her problems, she was sarcastic and the rare times she does talk about Trigon she never comes off as that way to me.

The comics, cartoons, movies etc are informing all the characters and I'm really happy they are.

Cyborg was only slightly stereotypical. And how in the fuck was Beast Boy a nerd?
Its-not-that-Serious.jpg You act as if someone killed your first born child lol. Fanboys...go figure.

...Anyway I didn't mean to derail this topic, was just saying these characters are more comic based in the game. That's why Raven looks how she does she wasn't always looking like in the toon and her head did look egg shaped like it is in the game. Why did I say this? -Because people in other threads keep crying about looks yet don't even know where it came from. Teen Titans is old as hell. /subject
-------------------------------------------------

So.. in Injustice Raven looks like she has some interesting mechanics. I really wonder how she will fair against armor characters. I feel like her gameplan is like Ermacs, space you out, combos to mid range to get her telepathy/tk tosses mixed in. I can't wait to try out some mixups with her demon form.

Jellal

Noob
I was gonna be boring an play Batman since I normally play the Ryu of whatever game but I didnt like how he played an really enjoy Raven really like her moveset, now I'am looking for some sick combos with little to no meter

Eddyward

Noob
Zerosoulreaver In case ya haven't noticed, a lot of us who wanted Raven in the game have been pretty satisfied with how she's handled.

I'm just a bit lost on her voice in the recent GL trailer.
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Lol. I didn't watch that trailer until you said that because I watched the story. In the story during that exact scene, her voice was filtered as we've heard. But in the trailer, it sounds like Tara Strong's unfiltered voice. Strange? I wonder if it's changed or something? Either way, that obviously means it'd be easy to do a normal Raven skin lol.

P.S. I love Raven's alt so much.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Lol. I didn't watch that trailer until you said that because I watched the story. In the story during that exact scene, her voice was filtered as we've heard. But in the trailer, it sounds like Tara Strong's unfiltered voice. Strange? I wonder if it's changed or something? Either way, that obviously means it'd be easy to do a normal Raven skin lol.

P.S. I love Raven's alt so much.
I think that was just footage from before they added the effects to it.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
From the looks of it, characters have different voices depending on which universe they're from.

If you watch the GL Trailer, she has her white hood on, and her voice is un-filtered.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
She didn't have her white hood, it was the costume in my avatar. And her voice is still filtered in the final game, not sure why they showed us that in the trailer.

Ivy

Leafy Irritant
I'd love to have white hood unfiltered voice Raven.

Her red alt is cool but it's lack of eyebrows and overtly masculine nose disturb me.

Ivy

Leafy Irritant
Because we all spend fights looking at her nose.
Didn't realize I was offending you.

The brief moments you do notice it, you REALLY notice it. Mainly because it's thrusted into your face.
Her eyes also look really strange. Like, old.

Like I said, it's still a cool alt, but personally I'd prefer the white one or even her new 52 outfit. They both looked awesome.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Didn't realize I was offending you.

The brief moments you do notice it, you REALLY notice it. Mainly because it's thrusted into your face.
Her eyes also look really strange. Like, old.

Like I said, it's still a cool alt, but personally I'd prefer the white one or even her new 52 outfit. They both looked awesome.
Lol I'm not offended, just don't think that matters at all. It's like people complaining about how you can see some of Ares's face.

Ivy

Leafy Irritant
Lol I'm not offended, just don't think that matters at all. It's like people complaining about how you can see some of Ares's face.
Personally it bothers me knowing that it's there even when I can't see it.
I know it's stupid.
I'm not crazy.
*twitch*