What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!

Small version. She's gonna be allllll quarter circles. Girl is gonna be dangerous in the right hands.
That's practically the only special I can do in fighting games, so I guess I got lucky there.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You're not alone apparently. Mike Z in Skullgirls said that they didn't want entry skill barriers preventing cast from being enjoyable so they went with all quarter and half circles as well. DP motions mess with some folks and on stick its the final rung to climb in saying you can actually use a stick. Many won't use spiderman because its too damned hard to DP during the air portion of a combo that has to be input so fast. QCF,QCB, HC, are the only inputs people seem consistently able to adapt to no problem so most fighters try to stick to them now.

Unless you're KoF. Because then you don't care bout no entry barriers. Take a peak at the shit needed for a simple Vice combo in that game then check out her HD combos. Hands am cry.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm extremely happy Raven made it into the game. Aside from her, Green Arrow, Zatana, and Hawkgirl were the only DC characters I ever particularly cared for. (I'm not a big DC fan)

I can get past her face and voice (She IS ugly), because her playstyle is really awesome and her combo potential, I think, is going to be fantastic.

As for her special inputs, I'm fine with just QCF/QCB, but I always have preferred characters with a really high executional barrier, so I am slightly disappointed at the easy inputs. Her combos might still be hard though! ;P

She got her demon stance back really quickly on a lot of the footage. Im assuming its only like that for the demo so people can use it more...id like to think she has to spend more time in regular mode than in demon.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Small version. She's gonna be allllll quarter circles. Girl is gonna be dangerous in the right hands.
I fucking love you <3. No fear of Kabal-ish NDC inputs for fancy fare = happy, HAPPY Boxy.
Now if we could only find a list of her strings, I'd already have all my notes ready for her arrival.

Mmmmm...Raven...

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Do we have any information on what Raven's EX specials do for each move? I noted that her pillar special in Demonic Mode had a demon pop out of the floor as a second hit in her reveal trailer, but from other clips I've seen it just seems to be the single pillar, which leads me to believe the two-hit version is an EX special.

Also, depending on the recovery of her horizontal projectile, she seems like she might have really good oki options with a fireball+teleport ala Dhalsim from SF.

She's getting me so hyped!

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
seeing a lot of people are complaining far too much about her appearance and voice....why couldn't this just be heroic raven instead of evil demonic raven?

seeing a lot of people are complaining far too much about her appearance and voice....why couldn't this just be heroic raven instead of evil demonic raven?
maybe well have both versions in the game via alt costumes

edit: she is

good, shes on the good side of the leaked roster pic

Just wondering if anyone that is an avid comic reader can give a rundown on Raven's Soul Self for me? Some are saying that it's disappointing that her moves don't utilize it. How does it work in the comics?

is true she becomes a power character when in it?
That was, I think, a false belief because of the gas-tank on the side of the truck in lower Gotham. Because she threw it overhead, everyone assumed that meant she was a power character in demon stance, but now we know that "gadget" characters throw the gas tank while "power" characters puncture the side of the truck.

So I played the demo with my sister yesterday and was telling her about who all was in it. I mentioned Cyborg, reminding her of the Teen Titans, and she said, "I'll bet that means my favorite character is in it." I asked who that was and she said Raven. Showed her the trailer of Raven beating the crap out of Catwoman, and watched her reaction. She enjoyed it and didn't bitch that Raven wasn't exactly how she was in the cartoon. She didn't bitch about Raven's face or her voice or how she looked over-all. She thought it was awesome. So see, not every Teen Titans fan out there is gonna bitch about Raven.

Small bump- while waiting for release day.

I hate how people think Raven is all about the TT cartoon only. It's because people didn't know anything about Raven before it, now they are fans of the anime only and acting like that's how she is. Raven is old as hell and was around for ages.

I remember her when I was a kid (86er here) She was never all emo and prissy like in the cartoon today. Her character was never even like that but the cartoon tried to modernize her to appeal to a mass audience of kids. She's actually pretty much a badass, but they make her look like crap emo who complains about everything.

The cartoon is so bad it just stereotypes everything. It shouldn't be used to say that's how these characters are or should be. Raven- the bitchy emo, Beast Boy- the annoying nerd, Cyborg- the stereotypical black guy, Robin- the stereotypical self-absorbed leader. None of these characters were ever this way in the comics...it's disappointing what they did to them and sad so many believe this is how they are.

Injustice is more about the comic side and less about the cartoon...if not obvious already.

I disagree. That's a massive over-simplification of the show. Yes, there was some of that, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it seems. It's still a cartoon made for kids at the end of the day, as well. And there were elements of that in the comics, if not directly things like Raven having an "emo" side. It was a re-imagination for a different generation and a different audience.