What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

SLy

Noob
So im guessing she can activate her Demon mode under no conditions.. Theres gotta be a downside to it.. If not then shes gonna be too much of a beast

vicious1024

Does it matter?
One of my favourite DC characters!

Despite my dislike for some of her aesthetic design, I'm just really glad she is in the game.

Add for online training mode, anyone?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd honestly like it better if she was only red. Demon Raven looks insanely good whereas pale Raven looks rather lackluster, maybe it's just how different they look to play. All in all, I'm actually kind of excited to think of the set-ups with her; comboing into Demon mode, teleport mind games on cross-up even. It honestly looks like demon Raven is just better off, but red looks to be a sick zoning/anti zoning character, where it seems like blue/pale is more about a mid-screen spacing game, I doubt she can go all out and her projectile's state in the video doesn't make it any more promising. Switching from gadget to power with a button is definitely great considering how important environment control might be; can go from bouncing out of the corner to smashing you with a car, godlike.
Edit, thanks tablet. Don't space anything out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm maing her, she is the Ermac of Injustice lol and then some.

Just deciding if she'll be my main main or second to DD.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Does anyone else think that this bitch looks top tier? I mean have you seen what her character trait is like? BUSTED. You guys have fun beating everyone's ass the first month of the game.

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Does anyone else think that this bitch looks top tier? I mean have you seen what her character trait is like? BUSTED. You guys have fun beating everyone's ass the first month of the game.

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Hmm.

In most of the videos we've seen, people aren't really defending themselves. So, it's difficult to imagine who will be top tier, at this point. Though, I can see why some people would think she may be.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hmm.

In most of the videos we've seen, people aren't really defending themselves. So, it's difficult to imagine who will be top tier, at this point. Though, I can see why some people would think she may be.
I'm not basing it off the video, there is an article on Shoryuken of a couple of players testing the game and breaking down Black Adam and Raven. Read it and you'll see what I mean. She has got a lot of awesome tools dude, like a LOT. Along with that her character trait gives most of them different properties. Not to mention she has a command grab AND a teleport, you know who else has a command grab AND a teleport? Seth in AE...and he is busted.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I'm not basing it off the video, there is an article on Shoryuken of a couple of players testing the game and breaking down Black Adam and Raven. Read it and you'll see what I mean. She has got a lot of awesome tools dude, like a LOT. Along with that her character trait gives most of them different properties. Not to mention she has a command grab AND a teleport, you know who else has a command grab AND a teleport? Seth in AE...and he is busted.
Seth also has the best DP, a dive kick, Tandem Engine and inescapable chip setups to amplify his defensive and offensive mixup options. That's not really a fair comparison (at the moment).

Raven’s superhero power allows her to go into demon mode, which is essentially a free install that costs no meter. In this state, she moves faster, hits stronger, and her special moves change. Her projectile turns into an incredibly useful ground spire that can be summoned at a variety of distances and can combo into itself. She can also grab an opponent from almost a full screen away, allowing any random spire hit to transition into a full bread and butter. She also gains a full set of teleports, which would make even Dante and Vergil jealous. Her teleports are incredibly quick, fast enough to be used even in mid-combo, and they set Raven up for nearly free mix-up opportunities
I've already read the SRK impressions on Raven and Black Adam, which all sound great. But, how effective is all of this against a thinking opponent? Bare in mind, this was an extremely limited first impression on a character that's subject to change before Injustice releases.

Furthermore, Hector has already mentioned they're doing their best to avoid creating another Kabal, so I doubt her Demon Mode will be used with impunity. We also have to considered how this works in conjunction with other character traits.

In any case, I think it's too early, with too little information to say who is going to be an early top tier. However, I can understand why people feel Raven will be really good.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Seth also has the best DP, a dive kick, Tandem Engine and inescapable chip setups to amplify his defensive and offensive mixup options. That's not really a fair comparison (at the moment).

I've already read the SRK impressions on Raven and Black Adam, which all sound great. But, how effective is all of this against a thinking opponent? Bare in mind, this was an extremely limited first impression on a character that's subject to change before Injustice releases.

Furthermore, Hector has already mentioned they're doing their best to avoid creating another Kabal, so I doubt her Demon Mode will be used with impunity. We also have to considered how this works in conjunction with other character traits.

In any case, I think it's too early, with too little information to say who is going to be an early top tier. However, I can understand why people feel Raven will be really good.
Look I'm not saying she is going to be broken, but from what I'm seeing she is definitely going to be kicking some asses.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I can't wait to play her. She is going to be an awesome zoner. I hope young Raven or future Raven is an alt. Does she have any other outfits I'm missing?

Evil beware we have waffles!!!