What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I just thought of something. If you can dash cancel Pop Pop...can you use it on unsafe strings to make it safe?

Ex: b1,2,1 xx Pop Pop xx back dash

I don't have anyone to test it with :(

Saitsu

Noob
I just thought of something. If you can dash cancel Pop Pop...can you use it on unsafe strings to make it safe?

Ex: b1,2,1 xx Pop Pop xx back dash

I don't have anyone to test it with :(
Not unless the dash cancel window is quick and she has extremely quick recovery on her dash.

Eshi

Noob
Normally Harley's command throw whiffs on crouching opponents, right? I just figured out that if she does the string M > Back H - the one that hits 3 times with the third being a low - she can cancel the second blocked hit into command throw and it will connect on both crouching and standing opponents. It's not a lot of damage but it seems ridiculously hard to avoid, right?

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Oh I thought you meant dashing forward. Yeah, you should be good if you dash backwards.
Yeah. I didn't mean dashing foward and having advantage from it. I'm just considering that maybe she can get away with being a little more risky if she can backdash cancel Pop Pop after an unsafe string.

Shady

Noob
Normally Harley's command throw whiffs on crouching opponents, right? I just figured out that if she does the string M > Back H - the one that hits 3 times with the third being a low - she can cancel the second blocked hit into command throw and it will connect on both crouching and standing opponents. It's not a lot of damage but it seems ridiculously hard to avoid, right?
Interesting, will test that tonight. Seems like a good way to set it up for a little bit of damage and get an advantageous position.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Don't know if anyone knows, and I haven't seen it on here yet, but something I found out on accident (dem fat fingers) is if you do qcb or qcf Meter Burn during a string it will EX wall bounce hammer or EX ground bounce hammer respectively.

From this you are able to get a pretty big combo into stage transition.

j2 > b2,2 xx Tantrum~1 > b3 > j2 >f2,3 xx qcbMB - Stage Transition, 2 meter 48-50% damage (Was doing this on the Daily Planet stage, will probably vary for other stages)

Edit - Apparently, Bounce Cancels are 2 meter, not 1. Either way, its ~50% damage for less meter than a super.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
im pretty sure air to air 2 is her best option, you dont get the biggest combo off of it or at least not that ive found. but it has a big hitbox and long active frames, its been working really well for me
If you have the meter, super is a good AA. It should dissuade some characters from jumping in on you.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Has anyone been working in d2 and b1 into their AAs? I've been having awesome success with d2 > combo. Rarely get stuffed. B1 seems pretty legit for further jumps. Or incorrectly spaced ones.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I have a huge problem with fighters other than Street Fighter Series and that is- in SF, I only use Vega/Claw.. And it is hard to find a quick character with his strange properties because he is a unique character.

That being said.. I LOVE Harley Quinn. I saw her pre-release and decided she was going to be my Injustice Character... Regardless of tier.

I think something big that will benefit Harley that has her to be tapped into is 2 part. Her command dash and the first hit of her Tantrum stance. I hear lots of people talking about the Tantrum follow up, but it is my opinion that once we find the real properties of that initial drop kick, much more will come out (Tantrum baits, empty/short Tantrum starts) and the ability to escape with it works out great as well.

Her command dash is a different beast all together. 1) not every character has a command dash, 2) it proves to be interesting since dashes cannot be canceled into attacks.. And the only thing that can cancel her CD is Tantrum Stance.
It is imperative we learn how far the CD propels us naturally and what can be done at the end of the CD and how fast it comes out. The CD IS EXCELLENT for escaping jumpers (dashing under them), and a unique property is outstanding in playing Harley's game which I believe is controlling space.

I am excited what others are coming up with and think she has much hidden potential waiting to come out!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I have a fantastic combo-ender to contribute.
Ending any aerial juggle off of a walbounce with B1, 2, 1, cancelled into gunshot special move, then into silly slide, then tantrum stance is a fantastic setup to nearly guarantee more damage against opponents who wakeup poorly.
You can also furtherThe initial hit of the tantrum stance lands almost perfectly, at the exact moment at which the opponent becomes strikable. You may find yourself stuffing many wake-up options with this,
You can also further confuse the opponent by leaving out the final, combo ending gunshot, drastically changing the time at which the opponent lands on the ground.
Doing this after first landing my previous BnB ender will confuse the opponent-- causing them to mess up their wakeup attacks, as they weren't expecting the combo to "drop."
This opens them up for even more awesome stuff.....

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
And the only thing that can cancel her CD is Tantrum Stance.
Actually this is a misconception. Her super can cancel her command dash and at any point. I discovered this trying to land super off of 1,1, 2. Long story short after landing 1, 1, 2 super on Doomsday but noone else, I got the idea to try to use silly slide to close the gap and it worked.

A tactic that I already have in mind, is with super loaded, using command dash at safe ranges to get in and using super if the opponent goes for a projectile due to the moves armor properties. But also it closes the gap during combos so it allows super to connect in situations where it would normally whiff.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Actually this is a misconception. Her super can cancel her command dash and at any point. I discovered this trying to land super off of 1,1, 2. Long story short after landing 1, 1, 2 super on Doomsday but noone else, I got the idea to try to use silly slide to close the gap and it worked.

A tactic that I already have in mind, is with super loaded, using command dash at safe ranges to get in and using super if the opponent goes for a projectile due to the moves armor properties. But also it closes the gap during combos so it allows super to connect in situations where it would normally whiff.
Nice! And that is even better.. Also adds to the allure of a command dash. Baiting people to try and attack on seeing the dash animation will open them up to eating a Tantrum stance drop kick or super.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Im really looking forward to see how Harley gets fleshed out and the properties her command dash has.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Im really looking forward to see how Harley gets fleshed out and the properties her command dash has.
Yes!
See, in other games where dashes and command dashes can be canceled by any attack, command dashes tend to lose flavor/meaning.. In this game where they decided to take out dash canceling - the command dash HAS to serve a purpose, other than - Just input this to get smacked by free combo!!!!!! It is going to take some time to explore/discover and open it up.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.

Didn't even think about trying super to cancel the command dash. Good to know. Now I have some ideas for some additional combos :D

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I would add that instead of doing Silly Slide for a combo ender you can Pop Pop dash cancel for the same effect minus the huge recovery frames of slide (unless you are canceling into Tantrum/Super). Doesn't have the same distance, but can serve the same purpose.

Also, ending a combo with f2,3 xx Pop Pop (charge) seems to be the best way to set up an unblockable Pop Pop without too much concern for safety. Obviously, it would still be an issue with characters that can teleport, but again, with the fact that you can dash cancel Pop Pop, you could maybe bait and punish with this set up.

I'm at work atm, so I can't test all this currently myself. Just some ideas rolling around in my head.

Rorshock

Noob
I feel like I don't quite get Harley yet...

While certain characters' basic strategies seem make sense to me (e.g. Killer Frost -- slide rushdown, Cyborg -- deadly setups, etc.), I can't quite grasp what Harley is supposed to...do...exactly.

Her B2 is great, yes, but it doesn't feel particularly more amazing than other characters' good normals/specials. She has some nice ranged specials, but her zoning feels rather subpar overall. She feels pretty unsafe as well.

I guess I'm asking...what do you guys think is Harley's "specialty" or "niche" in this game?

TL;DR: I am a noob Harley. What exactly should I be going for with her? What should be my general mindset/strategy while playing her? She just doesn't seem very intuitive to me, but I really want to play her because Harley is the bomb.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I've been getting nasty set-ups with her Rude Joke (1 2 3) and her Pleased to Meetcha(2 Up+3) both together and separate. Her Overhead (Forward+2) is really nice when you get your opponent off guard since you can go into Tantrum Stance (Down Back 3) or follow up with another 2 hand then Silly Slide (Command Dash) I also found combos for each of her Tanrum Follow-Ups. Has anyone found a corner combo that does more than 40% without Her Trait active? I have One that deals 40 normal and 51 with trait. I just want to see if there is anything better. Also I found a bug in the corner with Harley that keeps your opponent in the corner, but pushes her out :( I'll start recording today and hopefully post today.