What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

ONmedz

Noob
So how does she feel? Clunky? Slow? Is she rush down? Zoner? Details!
I think she's a mix-up fiend, but I was having trouble with the range of her normals. Personally, I didn't like her zoning capabilities when you compare her to Deathstroke who has a multi-hitting projectile vs her single shot. I still want to play her though. D:

Eddyward

Noob
Just 1 Combo at 2:00 from Tom Brady's combo teaser. I like how it ends with the stab grab. I don't think I've seen the string that the combo starts with before.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Just after playing with Harley for about 15 minutes it looks like she's got everything I'd want in a character. Pretty good mobility and zoning, a command grab, a super slow projectile, lots of potential with mix ups and an awesome character design. I'll definitely be trying her out for a while :D

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I can't wait to play her today. I've been waiting to see her mixups. From watching Art's stream and seeing Phish Head, I already have basic BnB's in my head :3

piemaster

mortal hater
Could anyone tell me what her best AA is? In getting blown up by people jumping at me all day. I'm trying to use spinning pistols but I can't tell if its too slow or if I am. I know it's 10 frames but Im just wondering if there is something better. Can't make my baby girl look bad out there :)

Shady

Noob
I was playing NeoRussell yesterday and did something by accident which I'd love to test more today, like, which strings apply, etc. But, basically, on block pressure of B12 if they're standing you can do Play Doctor for some damage and put yourself in the mix-up position in neutral. It will wiff on crouch block, that much I tested, but I'm sure there could be other options there. I'll be labbing her all night and all week as I think she'll be my main (split with Sinestro, no matter how low tier).

I find that Play Doctor is great because it resets and it leaves Harley in the position she wants to be in the most. Just outside of range of a lot of opponents but where she can control the space great.

Could anyone tell me what her best AA is? In getting blown up by people jumping at me all day. I'm trying to use spinning pistols but I can't tell if its too slow or if I am. I know it's 10 frames but Im just wondering if there is something better. Can't make my baby girl look bad out there :)

I use the guns for now, but I find it's hit or miss. You really have to read it, especially against characters with large hitbox J3 attacks.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
In my opinion her AAs kind of stink. Her D2 has this weird hurtbox that reminds me of a tekken launcher lol and her AA gun has a slow start up. Sometimes I don't take the chance with making an AA read and instead I just back up and play spacing with her gunshots and cupcakes. You can even silly slide under the opponent when you read a jump. :) risky though

redeyes

Button Masher
So i have a few questions

best AA for her?
Best way around zoning.
when to use trait?
is slide into TS good or bad to use?

I love this character. She was the character I was set on maining before Hawkgirl was announced. I hope she gets classic and Arkham Asylum alternates somewhere down the road, but I still really love her design.
She is so fun. love the stances where she's on the floor etc. I expected to like her but not as much as I thought.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
So i have a few questions

best AA for her?
Best way around zoning.
when to use trait?
is slide into TS good or bad to use?
She doesn't have a good one. Try jumping back and airshot. Or backdashing so you could use
b22 combo, cupcakes or regular gunshots.
Duck then regular dash to get around zoning. Her jump in air gunshot works sometimes but its punishable if you make the wrong read and they block.
Her slide into Tantrum works. Try landing outside cartwheel range and then use TS 3 so you could expose them if they like pushing buttons. Also you'll be surprised how slide TS cartwheel actually works lol just gotta read it though.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
So far from playing her all day, she's sick at keepaway and and her mix ups are pretty decent. I'm in love with her Tantrum Stance! For anyone struggling to do her Play Doctor move (Down Back Forward 1) I get it very consistently by doing QCB(Down, Down-Back, Back) then Forward :)

Saitsu

Noob
In my opinion her AAs kind of stink. Her D2 has this weird hurtbox that reminds me of a tekken launcher lol and her AA gun has a slow start up. Sometimes I don't take the chance with making an AA read and instead I just back up and play spacing with her gunshots and cupcakes. You can even silly slide under the opponent when you read a jump. :) risky though
A lot of characters' AAs suck. Having a good AA is the exception rather than the rule in this game.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
is her slide good for anything but moving in? It's early but haven't seen it used much. She's awesome tho
You could use it for ambiguous cross up set ups. Try ending a BnB with a silly slide. You'll slide under them and if they roll you could blow them up with a jump in :) it's funny when it works

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I like her slide as it allows her to keep up the pressure. Especially if you end a combo with b1,2,1~slide. You can actually go into Tantrum quickly after slide, too, so if your combo has a bit of push back, you can slide~Tantrum and still land it. Thing is, I've yet to find a solid combo that requires this. You can do it in some, but it's not required as Tantrum already has good range.

You can start a combo with f2,3~slide...but I've yet to optimize a solid combo out of it yet. It crosses under and f2 is overhead, so it could be useful for positioning.

piemaster

mortal hater
im pretty sure air to air 2 is her best option, you dont get the biggest combo off of it or at least not that ive found. but it has a big hitbox and long active frames, its been working really well for me