What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
\
So how do you guys feel about not being able to forward dash GL b13xxclose rocket? can't even MB b3/f3 to punish it because it's too slow and he can block , also she doesn't get to punish b1(backdash here )3 so she doesn't have good options to stop him from abusing it on Harley.

Edit: she can d3 to avoid the rocket ( sweep will whiff ) but the recovery on her sweep is long enough that GL can b13 again and punish it

a universal way of doing this is just simply d1 after and take the frame advantage. even if its blocked it aint too bad since for most characters they are still at advantage

Crathen

Death is my business
\

a universal way of doing this is just simply d1 after and take the frame advantage. even if its blocked it aint too bad since for most characters they are still at advantage
Harley can't d1 without getting hit by the rocket , even if there's a certain frame where she could do that it's VERY impratical

Edit: yes deathstroke can d1 but the timing is very specific ( wich means risks of eating the rocket ) and he barely has any frame advantage to the point none of his normals will beat another b13 , only way out is to jump out.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
iunno maybe the GL players that i've played dont like that setup because i dont see it a lot and i d1 after a lot of b13s. i usually just see b13 trait machine gun or they life like an idiot. it also seems pretty reactable. i believe ive done a pizza cutter through it before. also the hell you talking about, +7 on hit isn't barely anything. -2 on block is kinda whack but you're at least safe

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
So how do you guys feel about not being able to forward dash GL b13xxclose rocket? can't even MB b3/f3 to punish it because it's too slow and he can block , also she doesn't get to punish b1(backdash here )3 so she doesn't have good options to stop him from abusing it on Harley.

Edit: she can d3 to avoid the rocket ( sweep will whiff ) but the recovery on her sweep is long enough that GL can b13 again and punish it
It's not so bad, we can back dash before the missles come out (the corner does suck though). And as far as not being able to punish b13 by backdashing in between the b1 and 3, we can punish any b1 attempts by neutral jump at sweep distance. Since our jump arc is so low, this is definitely doable. Of course he can always Lantern's might us out of the air, but we can punish a blocked Lantern's might at around max TS distance. So GL doesn't really control that sweep distance as you might think.

Has anyone else noticed that you can cancel anti-air guns with forward guns? I discovered it last week while I was messing around with D2 combos, it's interesting but I don't see any use for it besides building meter. Maybe it can make you a little safer if you misread a jumpin with AA guns at midscreen, which maybe makes AA guns more viable? Doubtful, I never ever use that move outside of D2 combos

Has anyone else noticed that you can cancel anti-air guns with forward guns?
yeah - I have noticed some onstream matches where people are doing this. I first thought it was missed inputs (I miss it most often trying instant air guns) but realized they are probably using it as a meter builder. I have seen batman jump into it a few times which is a nice bonus

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Has anyone else noticed that you can cancel anti-air guns with forward guns? I discovered it last week while I was messing around with D2 combos, it's interesting but I don't see any use for it besides building meter. Maybe it can make you a little safer if you misread a jumpin with AA guns at midscreen, which maybe makes AA guns more viable? Doubtful, I never ever use that move outside of D2 combos
yeah i do it to gain meter and throw off my opponents timing with his dashes between shots.

What should I do when I try to get someone in the corner but I just fall short. (TS1, JI2, F13 doesn't quite make it to the corner)

Also I just thought of this. Can Silly Slide reverse wake ups after hard knockdown like what doomsday has? That would be a deadly tool in the corner.

When do you guys make the read that your opponent is going to wake up so they eat a F3 MB combo?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
What should I do when I try to get someone in the corner but I just fall short. (TS1, JI2, F13 doesn't quite make it to the corner)

Also I just thought of this. Can Silly Slide reverse wake ups after hard knockdown like what doomsday has? That would be a deadly tool in the corner.

When do you guys make the read that your opponent is going to wake up so they eat a F3 MB combo?
My corner carry combo is. B2 ss ts 1 j3 112 ss

There is reverse wake up tech I found. Search the art of dealing with wake ups thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

MissingNo

it ain't easy being green
I'm having a bit of trouble with harley's Ji2, (B22/F2) mix-up. The cross-up is ambiguous even to me and I end up guessing whether or not to press 2 a second time.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
Any of you harleys going to SJ this weekend and want to be in an all-harley team for the 3v3 team tournament on saturday?

need 2 people

serge

Noob
Canceling AA guns with forward guns is very good for keeping Superman away from you. If done correctly you outzone Supes and you build so much meter that everytime he gets in, push block and go back to zoning.

Also I don't know if this is known but for anyone having problem inputing d1~TS you can just do d1 then b3, it makes it so much easier!

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Canceling AA guns with forward guns is very good for keeping Superman away from you. If done correctly you outzone Supes and you build so much meter that everytime he gets in, push block and go back to zoning.

Also I don't know if this is known but for anyone having problem inputing d1~TS you can just do d1 then b3, it makes it so much easier!
you outzone superman easily with Harley. 5-5 matchup! i'm telling you!

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Word prob be playing mostly zatanna tonight but I still have to see how harley matches up to her haven't done that MU yet.

MissingNo

it ain't easy being green
I've been seeing this harley costume around, called "ame-comi" or something along those lines... it looks like an amalgamation of her original and injustice costumes. Does anyone know how to unlock this?

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I've been seeing this harley costume around, called "ame-comi" or something along those lines... it looks like an amalgamation of her original and injustice costumes. Does anyone know how to unlock this?
you have to buy the Ame-Comi pack with WW, Catgirl and Harley

Backfire

Noob
what does everyone do against characters that jump all the time? characters like batman, BA. I can still win the match most of the time but they still give me problems.

I've started push blocking more against batmans pressure and thats helping. How do you guys handle these match ups?

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
what does everyone do against characters that jump all the time? characters like batman, BA. I can still win the match most of the time but they still give me problems.

I've started push blocking more against batmans pressure and thats helping. How do you guys handle these match ups?

Jump 1 or Cupcakes. Harley's j1 beats out Bat's j2 BA's j2, sometimes Joker's j3, DS's j3 and much more. Add it to your repertoire

Backfire

Noob
thanks ill definitely do that. so if batmans trying to cross me up jump1 backwards will work?

i do use cupcakes but they are not that useful when they are jumping to me that close.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Ya know I'm kinda surprised Harley or Joker for that matter didn't get a groin kick special move. It just seems right up their alley with their playing dirty to win mind set. Coulda created a lot of pressure opportunities and it woulda been funny too. (I know I'm immature)

3 just looks like a kick to the gut. :/