What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Eshi

Noob
i have played a good deal of people from tym or other crazy 88's and i rape them with harleys mix up game. no one expects her overhead on knockdown.
Everyone who says this does not play Harley at a high level, because they can not possibly have high level competition that can't react to 28(?) frame overheads. This is well within the reflexes of every human being on the planet.

I came from Blazblue where most characters have overheads around this speed, usually a bit faster. Trust me. If you land F2 consistently on your opponents, then your opponents are asleep.

redeyes

Button Masher
Everyone who says this does not play Harley at a high level, because they can not possibly have high level competition that can't react to 28(?) frame overheads. This is well within the reflexes of every human being on the planet.

I came from Blazblue where most characters have overheads around this speed, usually a bit faster. Trust me. If you land F2 consistently on your opponents, then your opponents are asleep.

no one respect it cause she is all lows. everyone fears TS being thrown out randomly that they always block low. ok if they do respect it then cancel into TS for an OH to Low mix up.

and just cause its highest level doesnt mean people dont slip up.

ive used it on CD jr semi evil ryu and countless others from this site when ive ran into them on ranked. and most of they do get hit by it.

Eshi

Noob
no one respect it cause she is all lows. everyone fears TS being thrown out randomly that they always block low. ok if they do respect it then cancel into TS for an OH to Low mix up.

and just cause its highest level doesnt mean people dont slip up.

ive used it on CD jr semi evil ryu and countless others from this site when ive ran into them on ranked. and most of they do get hit by it.
the game isn't even a month old. your argument is essentially "i land overheads on people who don't know the harley match-up, therefore her mix-up is fine". doesn't matter who the player is. Anyone is capable of not knowing the match-up. When I play Harley mirrors there is a 0% chance of me getting hit by her overheads. Players of other characters will eventually catch up to that. Hell, a lot of my local competition already has.

I'm not saying Harley's mix-up is bad - she does have a lot of tricks up her sleeve (like my instant overhead thread, or silly slide corner shenanigans). But if your mix-up relies on the "threat" of a 28 frame normal then you have WAY more development to look forward to.

redeyes

Button Masher
the game isn't even a month old. your argument is essentially "i land overheads on people who don't know the harley match-up, therefore her mix-up is fine". doesn't matter who the player is. Anyone is capable of not knowing the match-up. When I play Harley mirrors there is a 0% chance of me getting hit by her overheads. Players of other characters will eventually catch up to that. Hell, a lot of my local competition already has.

I'm not saying Harley's mix-up is bad - she does have a lot of tricks up her sleeve (like my instant overhead thread, or silly slide corner shenanigans). But if your mix-up relies on the "threat" of a 28 frame normal then you have WAY more development to look forward to.

your right her 28 frame OH is useless never use it. you are the harley dictator.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I am missing out from not having B2,2 as a staple, but damn.. I am afraid to use it. How it hits seems so random/hit or miss that I seem to get blown up more for attempting it than any success.. Any feedback on how you use B2,2 and how to gauge it hitting?

Edit: my frustration furthers during the Harley mirror where opponents B2,2 appears to hit me from a further distance than mine..I'm going full retard here due to having trouble wrapping my head around this simple starter..

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
your right her 28 frame OH is useless never use it. you are the harley dictator.
I see where he is coming from Red.. The more exposure people get to Harley, the more invalid her F2 becomes. As soon as people wake up to Harley (when she gets put on the map by a major player) her "mix-up" and overhead will be exposed. I really hate to be saying it :( the "hybrid" part of her makeup really fucks her (as many have previously pointed out) :(

But hey.. If its working for you now, that's terrific.. I would just work on a backup option in case what he has said comes into fruition

redeyes

Button Masher
I see where he is coming from Red.. The more exposure people get to Harley, the more invalid her F2 becomes. As soon as people wake up to Harley (when she gets put on the map by a major player) her "mix-up" and overhead will be exposed. I really hate to be saying it :( the "hybrid" part of her makeup really fucks her (as many have previously pointed out) :(

But hey.. If its working for you now, that's terrific.. I would just work on a backup option in case what he has said comes into fruition

the fact that ive used it 2-3 times a match means people still fuck up. use it once they know she has an OH. but yet they still block low? why? oh thats right for fear of TS or b2.

just cause something is slow doesnt make it useless. ok people can react to it. its safe on block too or can lead to a move thats + frames.

if they wake up will you risk that if you pressure with anyone on knock down

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
the fact that ive used it 2-3 times a match means people still fuck up. use it once they know she has an OH. but yet they still block low? why? oh thats right for fear of TS or b2.

just cause something is slow doesnt make it useless. ok people can react to it. its safe on block too or can lead to a move thats + frames.

if they wake up will you risk that if you pressure with anyone on knock down
I meant wake up as in- become more familiar with Harley (not a wake up move :) )

I love the fact that you are championing the option.. I have been trying to incorporate it into mine as well, but I am using it depending on my opponents blocking habits more so than setting it up.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I meant wake up as in- become more familiar with Harley (not a wake up move :) )

I love the fact that you are championing the option.. I have been trying to incorporate it into mine as well, but I am using it depending on my opponents blocking habits more so than setting it up.
Edit: which move as a follow up is best to use of they become privy to the F2, TS mixup.. Would it consist of F,2 - F2,3- or F2xx TS back roll?

Ps: new post meant as a quote/ reply.. Epic fail

Using f2 on a knockdown is supes risky. Especially if your opponent knows their character and knows what moves get full wake up invulnerability. WW's Spin, DS's Sword Flip, GL's Lift all come to mind. You just have to hope that they don't throw them out cause if you do block them, they're eating a full combo. It's a risk/reward scenario.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ummm so after playing Akromaniac27's Harley in a long set last night...NO WAY is this character shit! Posting vid tonight ;)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
please. If u mix up those zoning tools people will be scared to move. MB cupcake stops all jumps / Air moves
MB PP removes recovery allowing u to follow the shot with a gun shot or cupcake.

harleys zoning is her stronger point but she is hybrid
Yes this! She can zone and rush down....solid.

Eshi

Noob
Where do you play most of your matches? Online or offline? Strong players or average players? I never play online because lag inhibits reactions which in turn creates bad habits, and quite a few of my local players are very strong. I'm not posting an opinion. I'm posting experience, including mirror experience. If my mix-up mostly relied on the threat of F2 then I would never open people up because F2 is too slow. Oh, F23 is safe on block? What if they mash on reaction during F2's startup into a full combo? I only ever go for F2 on wake-up because it's so slow that this happens half the time against good offline players. And even then I try not to go for it because it'll still probably get blocked and I don't care about being +1 or 2 frames. If I want to be plus on block, I'll do 2D3 and be +11. It's by far her strongest option.

redeyes

Button Masher
Where do you play most of your matches? Online or offline? Strong players or average players? I never play online because lag inhibits reactions which in turn creates bad habits, and quite a few of my local players are very strong. I'm not posting an opinion. I'm posting experience, including mirror experience. If my mix-up mostly relied on the threat of F2 then I would never open people up because F2 is too slow. Oh, F23 is safe on block? What if they mash on reaction during F2's startup into a full combo? I only ever go for F2 on wake-up because it's so slow that this happens half the time against good offline players. And even then I try not to go for it because it'll still probably get blocked and I don't care about being +1 or 2 frames. If I want to be plus on block, I'll do 2D3 and be +11. It's by far her strongest option.
or u can use that +2 or 1 to go for a standing 2 d3 and become +11.

say what u want bro its obvious ur the harley quinn god of tym. so keep telling everyone f2 is useless

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Really though, f2 isn't great, I play offline a lot as well and people here can react to it pretty easily, more or less shutting down her high/low mixups, whatever mixup this character has, it's gonna be through oki setups, (tricky corner crossups w/e) but other chars will have this opportunity as well.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
say what u want bro its obvious ur the harley quinn god of tym. so keep telling everyone f2 is useless
Whiny attitude and pointless sarcasm won't make your point any stronger. In fact, those are the surest signs of the point not being very strong.

the fact that ive used it 2-3 times a match means people still fuck up. use it once they know she has an OH. but yet they still block low?
Any good player who played against a Harley more than once will easily block f2 on reaction. The fact that you land it only means you don't play good players. The fact that yesterday i beat a ridicilously bad Superman who knew nothing about his character doesn't mean Superman is a favorable matchup for Harley.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Whiny attitude and pointless sarcasm won't make your point any stronger. In fact, those are the surest signs of the point not being very strong.

Any good player who played against a Harley more than once will easily block f2 on reaction. The fact that you land it only means you don't play good players. The fact that yesterday i beat a ridicilously bad Superman who knew nothing about his character doesn't mean Superman is a favorable matchup for Harley.
While blunt and honest there is truth.. But seriously guys, can we quit the bickering and measuring our e-peen's and get back to getting Harley some respect? It's bad enough as are behind in so many ways, need to come together, not fall apart.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
While blunt and honest there is truth.. But seriously guys, can we quit the bickering and measuring our e-peen's and get back to getting Harley some respect? It's bad enough as are behind in so many ways, need to come together, not fall apart.
Well there is that instant overhead tech. I am waiting for someone to make a video on it and see if it's legit.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
when i hit someone with an f2, my first thought isn't "man this is a great mix-up"
my first thought is "my opponent sucks ass"

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
Check out my f13 tech guys. Pls tell me what you think
it's a start, but people who know the harley matchup well will generally low block, thus the f1 will sail over their heads, then they will poke before the overhead even comes out

on hit, it won't really work the way you describe in the video against an experienced opponent
when you do manage to hit the opponent with it, you don't want to do another f1, you should begin applying other sorts of pressure

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
it's a start, but people who know the harley matchup well will generally low block, thus the f1 will sail over their heads, then they will poke before the overhead even comes out

on hit, it won't really work the way you describe in the video against an experienced opponent
when you do manage to hit the opponent with it, you don't want to do another f1, you should begin applying other sorts of pressure
Harley has trouble landing overheads in general. Unless some instant overheads tech solves it, her mix-up is nonexistent. Of course she still has an amazing j2 crossup... and then you run into somebody with an AA.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
Does anyone know or is at ECT this weekend? I would of went but had no ride and no cash ;( Hopefully the stream puts on some Harley so everyone can learn some new stuff and let the stream monsters see why Harley is amazing.