What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Saitsu

Noob
I
I don't mash. I wait till I see him prep for the jump. Then after the leap I slid. But the traveling screen pulls Doomsday with it and splatters her ):.
l
There's your problem. The homing continues until he starts his descent. You have to time your slide so you move right as he's coming down. Too early and you get your problem.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
There's your problem. The homing continues until he starts his descent. You have to time your slide so you move right as he's coming down. Too early and you get your problem.
That sounds pretty strict. Ive always kinda thought that once it started that he would travel to a specific point depending on the move that was.input by the opponent. I'll keep that in mind.

Reauxbot

Something funny about that is I've tried to S.S. outta that. And she moves so far the screen moves with her. And I'm not sure or not, but D.Ds far Giga Crush travel along with the moving screen caused by SS and smashes her anyways. It's so awkward.
And doing B.3 MB doesn't work ever cause she swings forward and whiffs big time. Waste of meter and health
I'm not sure if it even can be punished. EX especially. I just pushblock it. Doomsday must be kept out.
Damn that sounds like you can spam that on Harley then and force her to burn meter ):
This sucks. Feels like I'll have to spend time practicing :/ which I barely have time for

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
That sounds pretty strict. Ive always kinda thought that once it started that he would travel to a specific point depending on the move that was.input by the opponent. I'll keep that in mind.
Yeah. What i said, delay it.

Also, pump up training mode and get Doomsday to spam it with infinite meter. Then see how many in a row you can avoid.

Eshi

Noob
Something funny about that is I've tried to S.S. outta that. And she moves so far the screen moves with her. And I'm not sure or not, but D.Ds far Giga Crush travel along with the moving screen caused by SS and smashes her anyways. It's so awkward.
And doing B.3 MB doesn't work ever cause she swings forward and whiffs big time. Waste of meter and health
if you're gonna MB B3 then definitely dash cancel out of it for that reason. You should still have enough time to punish anyway, and it should hurt more.

Damn that sounds like you can spam that on Harley then and force her to burn meter ):
This sucks. Feels like I'll have to spend time practicing :/ which I barely have time for
Regular charge is extremely punishable on block. Punish it every time. MB charge however is plus on block but as long as you keep even meter with him then you can push block him every time. This situation is in your favor, Doomsday needs meter WAY more than Harley to function.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
if you're gonna MB B3 then definitely dash cancel out of it for that reason. You should still have enough time to punish anyway, and it should hurt more.

Regular charge is extremely punishable on block. Punish it every time. MB charge however is plus on block but as long as you keep even meter with him then you can push block him every time. This situation is in your favor, Doomsday needs meter WAY more than Harley to function.
The regular one is punishable? How much is it?

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
No :/ Her slide is -4 on block for some stupid reason. You could start an offense or try to throw her. But the only true way to punish it is prediction with jump back.
Occasionally if i feel trolly i do this to her: i meter burn b3 and loudly yell "HOMERUN!"

But outside of the hype value, i don't think this is a legit method.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Killer Frost can do this gimmick anyway on block side, she can do "ice clone" or something that freezes you for a combo if you try to press buttons afterwards so be wary.

Saitsu

Noob
No :/ Her slide is -4 on block for some stupid reason. You could start an offense or try to throw her. But the only true way to punish it is prediction with jump back.
Because if her slide was actually punishable, she wouldn't be a very good character.

Eshi

Noob
Because if her slide was actually punishable, she wouldn't be a very good character.
Harley's silly slide > tantrum stance serves the same function as Killer Frost's slide, except Harley's isn't safe on block and isn't an invincible reversal. Harley's is still awesome so I resent the idea that Killer Frost "needs it".

Edit: Now that I think about it, Harley and Killer Frost are extremely similar in design...

LKG

Noob
So I played my friend in a running set today. He used Cyborg, Nightwing, and Superman. He tried telling me that Harley's zoning is better than Cyborg's, despite him locking me down damn effectively. He also tried to tell me that Superman is given trouble by Harley, when in reality, I find it to be quiiite the opposite. Also how Harley's mixup is really good, despite him poking me out of overhead attempts. Maybe I wasn't smart enough with them, but regardless? Being poked out of them? Kinda depressing.

I love this chara, but damn does the struggle run deep.

Katt

Magnet
He thinks wrong. Harley doesn't have much on Superman if he's not brainless (doesn't block wakeup tantrum) and knows how to play Superman decently.

Soups f23 xx SB spam is insanely cheap. Harley only have 2 options to get out of it, both which in that situation is risky and easy to bait.
Either a very quick b3MB after soup SB (I can't stress how quick this must be) or 11 / 12, which can be baited by Sups by just holding back, then punish easy on reaction.

If you try any other thing and he does another f23 xx SB, you will eat fist and die.

It's an uphill climb and Harley's hands are covered in greasy pudding.

Fergus

Harley is pretty damn hard to use imo, she has nothing abusable except for maybe gun shots that is low on the bs abuse scale :p

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Harley is pretty damn hard to use imo, she has nothing abusable except for maybe gun shots that is low on the bs abuse scale :p
Well apart from exposing the shit out of people who don't know how to get in properly and play characters who can't outspam the zoning. :D

Reauxbot

Idk. Maybe its just me but I've won a lot.of battles with Harley by just having fun, going crazy with her and.just being unpredictable with her. I MB Pop Pop a lot from a distance and go into either SS or Cupcakes Gun Shot my way in, A. Gun Shots after SS. All sorts of things after Pop Pop. Unlike Street Fighter I really don't care about Meter in this game cause you gain it so fast. I burn so much meter with Harley you wouldn't believe it. I've annoyed the hell outta GLs and DS( sometimes).
I usually go bananas till I get a hit, and since I've learned her high damage combos I can land big.damage and go back into insanity or mixups. I love Harley Quinn. :)

Katt

Magnet
There's no mixup with the gunshots. They are duckable and cupcake is really easy to block on reaction. EX cupcake is harder and chips decently.

I primarily use guns to get closer to opponents and maybe bait a jump as Harleys recovery on guns is quite good and she moves forward a bit.

Fergus

I use it as a way of getting in, if I hit them in the air, I SS in to close the gap

Reauxbot

There's no mixup with the gunshots. They are duckable and cupcake is really easy to block on reaction. EX cupcake is harder and chips decently.

I primarily use guns to get closer to opponents and maybe bait a jump as Harleys recovery on guns is quite good and she moves forward a bit.
Not saying there really mixups. But would you move with someone running around going nuts? Depending on the space is what move I'll use. Pop Pop MB is pretty good cause she moves right outta it. Letting me decide what the opponent may or may not do next. I learned the hard way after playing another Boss Harley who had A.D.D.
The match was filled with hammers, gunshots and all sorts of desserts. You can annoy the shit outta some people lol.
I just like locking the opponent down.
I don't think Harleys as bad as some people think. Just needs a better wake up, trait and A.A.
You ever go nuts with Harley? Overhead hammers, A.A hammers, everything. I learned the hard way from that damn Harley player who went 56-0 record with her.... I forgot his name but he made.Harley Goddesslike :eek:Mistah J would be scared

Eshi

Noob
So I played my friend in a running set today. He used Cyborg, Nightwing, and Superman. He tried telling me that Harley's zoning is better than Cyborg's, despite him locking me down damn effectively. He also tried to tell me that Superman is given trouble by Harley, when in reality, I find it to be quiiite the opposite. Also how Harley's mixup is really good, despite him poking me out of overhead attempts. Maybe I wasn't smart enough with them, but regardless? Being poked out of them? Kinda depressing.

I love this chara, but damn does the struggle run deep.
your friend is a moron if he thinks Harley outzones cyborg. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?.

Reactions: LKG