What's new

Discussion Australian man makes tier list, world peace occurs as a result! (Current All Variation Tier List)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Lackey is worse then outlaw.

Lackey is a non MKX character in MKX. He doesnt belong in this game. He doenst play MKX.
Lackey is still in beta. He is unfinished. If you pick lackey you want to lose.
I think Lackey is bad too....Outlaw is worse than Lackey. Lackey at least has like one or two matchups he could win.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I think Lackey is bad too....Outlaw is worse than Lackey. Lackey at least has like one or two matchups he could win.
Id put them in the same tier.
I think Errons base toolset is better than lackeys. Lackey is No variation Ferra torr with even LESS tools. Also he has no winning matchups. His best MU's are 5-5, and those are rare.

Not only that, but lackey is buggier than MKX was 6 months before they announced it. You wakeup in the corner and he teleports THROUGH them and then they just punish u. His hitbox is probably the jankiest in the game. And his frames are all over the place.

If you pick lackey you deserve to lose.

Yes im slightly exaggerating. /rant.

CrazyFingers

Id put them in the same tier.
I think Errons base toolset is better than lackeys. Lackey is No variation Ferra torr with even LESS tools. Also he has no winning matchups. His best MU's are 5-5, and those are rare.

Not only that, but lackey is buggier than MKX was 6 months before they announced it. You wakeup in the corner and he teleports THROUGH them and then they just punish u. His hitbox is probably the jankiest in the game. And his frames are all over the place.

If you pick lackey you deserve to lose.

Yes im slightly exaggerating. /rant.
Lackey possibly wins the full auto matchup apparently. (not from me, Yungmonster said it's at least even if not winning for Lackey, he's played Bio a lot)

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Lackey possibly wins the full auto matchup apparently. (not from me, Yungmonster said it's at least even if not winning for Lackey, he's played Bio a lot)
Wut. Vicious is way better in that MU. All lackey has is ex charge. And he takes more damage than she does.

I can see d1 giving her a bit of trouble ill admit.
But thats all.

Lackey sucks. Ill say hes as bad as outlaw but hes not better.

CrazyFingers

Wut. Vicious is way better in that MU. All lackey has is MB charge. And he takes more damage than she does.
Listen I thought he was crazy when he said it too but apparently Lackey gets in pretty easily. Go to Yung on this one not me, I'm just a messenger. Best F/T and one of the best Jacquis feels like credible sources

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Listen I thought he was crazy when he said it too but apparently Lackey gets in pretty easily. Go to Yung on this one not me, I'm just a messenger. Best F/T and one of the best Jacquis feels like credible sources
Breh, im the best FT aight :p
Bio come to AUS.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Please explain why you think this is a bad match for Sub. I'm a Bo player and talk him up quite a bit but this is not a fun match for Bo.
Bo has good combos compared to Sub. Not only he has the fart that serves like GM's Ice Klone, but, also, as Bartitsu, he can low grab Sub without touching IK, and as Dragon Breath he has this flaming DOT. If he gets you in the corner, it's game over for Sub. :/

Only Drunken Master has difficulty with him, since he has only the fart and his fists.

At the right hands he's a deadly weapon against Sub. :/

myri

Time Warrior
Bo has good combos compared to Sub. Not only he has the fart that serves like GM's Ice Klone, but, also, as Bartitsu, he can low grab Sub without touching IK, and as Dragon Breath he has this flaming DOT. If he gets you in the corner, it's game over for Sub. :/

Only Drunken Master has difficulty with him, since he has only the fart and his fists.

At the right hands he's a deadly weapon against Sub. :/
I'm sorry but I've played Bo non-stop since he was released and I can tell you he ain't doing shit in that matchup. Grandmaster can take his sweet time, walk back and clone, throw iceballs whatever or go in with his strings into safe burst on block. He literally has no risk involved when playing against Bo, he can do whatever he wants and wait for his chance to get damage.

Now that ice burst is -5 he can just do anything into it and be safe, again no risk at all. His one unsafe option, b2 can't even be punished by Bo's standing normals! The best he could hope for is a bf4 which pushes Sub full screen where he has the advantage. Sub has a WAY better neutral than Bo who has no neutral at all really apart from his d4 (non-bartitsu). If Bo gets a touch and puts Sub in the corner then sure he can win, but that's just every matchup for Bo in a nutshell for the majority of the cast. Difference here is that Grandmaster has an equally scary corner game going and way better mid/full screen game.

Bo is not winning this matchup dude. It's not unwinnable, probably like 6-4 in favour of Grandmaster, but there's zero chance Bo is a "hard" matchup for Grandmaster.

edit: on the subject of good combos the majority of the time with Bo you're only going to be hitting 18-22% mid screen because you'll go for his mix options of course like 2~flips, 24~flips, 244~flips, b233~up flame, b2~flips etc or f3, b3, b1 etc in up flame, rc 2~flips for about 22~24% AT MOST, only way you're breaking 30% is if you commit 100% to one of his totally unsafe launching string likes, 21, 341 or 413u4. Apart from that your options are to hitconfirm into meterburn up flame or meterburn fart. In the corner Grandmaster can get 40+ percent off every touch with the clone, this character has INSANE damage, Bo does high 30's meterlessly so it's comparable but he needs to spend a bar to get anywhere near what Grandmaster does meterelssly with just the clone.

Also the clone is way better than fart/meterburn fart and because of the way Sub can and should play this matchup it doesn't matter unless once again Bo has him in the corner.

Don't get me wrong I think a lot of Bo's matchups are 5-5, 6-4 in the opponent's favour with very few 7-3 in the opponent's favour or harder matchups but this is not one he wins.

edit 2: Yes bartitsu does have an easier time dealing with the clone but it's still not in his favour, probably 5-5 bartisu vs grandmaster.

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
You know the drill, grab your popcorn and your saltshakers.

S+

Triborg (Smoke)
Triborg (Sektor)
Sub-Zero (Grandmaster)
Mileena (Piercing)
Shinnok (Bone Shaper)
Shinnok (Imposter)
Raiden (Displacer)

S

Jason (Unstoppable)
Sonya Blade (Demolition)
Kitana (Royal Storm)
Kitana (Assassin)
Tremor (Aftershock)
Ermac (Mystic)
Predator (Hish-Qu-Ten)
Kano (Cutthroat)
Jacqui Briggs (Full Auto)

A+

Bo’ Rai Cho (Dragon Breath)
Shinnok (Necromancer)
Jason (Relentless)
Jason (Slasher)
Kung Lao (Buzzsaw)
Jax (Wrestler)
Sonya Blade (Special Forces)
Sonya Blade (Covert Ops)
Kenshi (Possessed)
Kitana (Mournful)
Scorpion (Ninjutsu)
Scorpion (Hellfire)
Sub-Zero (Unbreakable)
Mileena (Ravenous)
Mileena (Ethereal)
Takeda (Ronin)
Takeda (Shirai Ryu)
Takeda (Lasher)
Cassie Cage (Hollywood)
Cassie Cage (Spec Ops)
Cassie Cage (Brawler)
Jacqui Briggs (Shotgun)
Kung Jin (Ancestral)
Kung Jin (Shaolin)
Tanya (Pyromancer)
Tanya (Dragon Naginata)
Tanya (Kobu Justu)
Predator (Hunter)
Kano (Cybernetic)
Kano (Commando)
Erron Black (Gunslinger)
Liu Kang (Flame Fist)
Liu Kang (Dragon’s Fire)
Ermac (Spectral)
Ermac (Master of Souls)
Reptile (Nimble)
Reptile (Deceptive)
Reptile (Noxious)
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless)
D’vorah (Swarm Queen)
D’vorah (Brood Mother)
Raiden (Thunder God)
Quan Chi (Summoner)
Quan Chi (Sorcerer)
Goro (Dragon Fangs)
Tremor (Crystalline)
Tremor (Metallic)

A

Bo’ Rai Cho (Bartitsu)
Kung Lao (Tempest)
Jax (Pumped Up)
Scorpion (Inferno)
Sub-Zero (Cryomancer)
Jacqui Briggs (High Tech)
Kung Jin (Bojutsu)
Leatherface (Butcher)
Leatherface (Killer)
Leatherface (Pretty Lady)
Predator (Warrior)
Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs)
Johnny Cage (A-List)
Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)
Erron Black (Marksman)
Liu Kang (Dualist)
Kotal Kahn (War God)
Kotal Kahn (Sun God)
Kotal Kahn (Blood God)
Ferra/Torr (Vicious)
D’vorah (Venomous)
Quan Chi (Warlock)
Goro (Kuatan Warrior)
Goro (Tigrar Fury)
Triborg (Cyrax)
Kenshi (Kenjutsu)
Kenshi (Balanced)

B+

Bo’ Rai Cho (Drunken Master)
Jax (Heavy Weapons)
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Raiden (Master of Storms)
Triborg (Cyber Sub-Zero)
Kung Lao (Hat Trick)

B

Erron Black (Outlaw)

Have at it, peace, I'm out.

I am by no means a pro player and I take no responsiblity for any "butthurtedness" (yes I just made up that word) that you may incur as a result of this tier list. Mostly I was just bored and wanted to give people an avenue for discussion.

Changelog:

Moved Kenshi (Kenjutsu), Kenshi (Balanced) from A+ to A.

Moved Kung Lao (Hat Trick) from A to B+

Moved Kung Jin (Shaolin) from A to A+, moved Kung Jin (Bojutsu) from A+ to A.

Moved Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) from A+ to A.

Moved Kitana (Assassin) from A+ to S.
sub zero in s+ tier? lmfao. not to sound like brady but the character is way too flawed to be top tier.

KHARACTER!!!

Tanno

I'm sorry but I've played Bo non-stop since he was released and I can tell you he ain't doing shit in that matchup. Grandmaster can take his sweet time, walk back and clone, throw iceballs whatever or go in with his strings into safe burst on block. He literally has no risk involved when playing against Bo, he can do whatever he wants and wait for his chance to get damage.

Now that ice burst is -5 he can just do anything into it and be safe, again no risk at all. His one unsafe option, b2 can't even be punished by Bo's standing normals! The best he could hope for is a bf4 which pushes Sub full screen where he has the advantage. Sub has a WAY better neutral than Bo who has no neutral at all really apart from his d4 (non-bartitsu). If Bo gets a touch and puts Sub in the corner then sure he can win, but that's just every matchup for Bo in a nutshell for the majority of the cast. Difference here is that Grandmaster has an equally scary corner game going and way better mid/full screen game.

Bo is not winning this matchup dude. It's not unwinnable, probably like 6-4 in favour of Grandmaster, but there's zero chance Bo is a "hard" matchup for Grandmaster.

edit: on the subject of good combos the majority of the time with Bo you're only going to be hitting 18-22% mid screen because you'll go for his mix options of course like 2~flips, 24~flips, 244~flips, b233~up flame, b2~flips etc or f3, b3, b1 etc in up flame, rc 2~flips for about 22~24% AT MOST, only way you're breaking 30% is if you commit 100% to one of his totally unsafe launching string likes, 21, 341 or 413u4. Apart from that your options are to hitconfirm into meterburn up flame or meterburn fart. In the corner Grandmaster can get 40+ percent off every touch with the clone, this character has INSANE damage, Bo does high 30's meterlessly so it's comparable but he needs to spend a bar to get anywhere near what Grandmaster does meterelssly with just the clone.

Also the clone is way better than fart/meterburn fart and because of the way Sub can and should play this matchup it doesn't matter unless once again Bo has him in the corner.

Don't get me wrong I think a lot of Bo's matchups are 5-5, 6-4 in the opponent's favour with very few 7-3 in the opponent's favour or harder matchups but this is not one he wins.

edit 2: Yes bartitsu does have an easier time dealing with the clone but it's still not in his favour, probably 5-5 bartisu vs grandmaster.
Interesting. I should play against you GM VS Bo later in Steam to get used with him. I don't have anything planned to do tonight, so hit me up anytime.

myri

Time Warrior
Interesting. I should play against you GM VS Bo later in Steam to get used with him. I don't have anything planned to do tonight, so hit me up anytime.
I doubt the connection would work right now, I've tried to play people from the US and Singapore and it's just too laggy, I really have to wait for my country's network upgrade to reach me, hopefully in the next few months.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
yeah what crazyfingers said, an S+ character should have like 80% winning or favorable matchups atleast I'd say. there are a ton of characters that don't give a fuck about sub's clone and once that happens he's pretty naked. he does have a few matchups where he might feel like S tier though but just too inconsistent.

Tanno

I doubt the connection would work right now, I've tried to play people from the US and Singapore and it's just too laggy, I really have to wait for my country's network upgrade to reach me, hopefully in the next few months.
I see. Since you're an Aussie, I'll wait till they upgrade it, and try testing it with you. I'm EU, FYI.