What's new

Discussion Australian man makes tier list, world peace occurs as a result! (Current All Variation Tier List)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
And I don't see how any of Bo Rai Cho'sbvariations are as good as Special Forces Sonya or Sorcerer/Summoner Quan. Or Sub-Zero being in the highest tier when he more than likely has double the amount of bad matchups they do. Imo the list is just really flawed, I'm not gonna elaborate here more because the changes I'd make is on page 4.

myri

Time Warrior
No way is Inferno in the same tier as Killer or Butcher.
Explanation?

And I don't see how any of Bo Rai Cho'sbvariations are as good as Special Forces Sonya or Sorcerer/Summoner Quan. Or Sub-Zero being in the highest tier when he more than likely has double the amount of bad matchups they do. Imo the list is just really flawed, I'm not gonna elaborate here more because the changes I'd make is on page 4.
Yeah you're right, they should buff Bo more.

:DOGE

Serious answer to this coming tomorrow.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
yeah what crazyfingers said, an S+ character should have like 80% winning or favorable matchups atleast I'd say. there are a ton of characters that don't give a fuck about sub's clone and once that happens he's pretty naked. he does have a few matchups where he might feel like S tier though but just too inconsistent.
Is GM really useless without klone though? He has a safe special to cancel into, a decent advancing string with F42, a decent hitconfirmable mid, launching 50/50s (even if he has to spend meter on the low midscreen to convert) absolutely INSANE mobility with slide and amazing corner carry to get his set play started which is still insane against everyone.

I mean sure he probably doesn't roflstomp you if you have a way around the klone but that doesnt automatixally make it a bad MU lol. He just has to play neutral like any other character which he isn't even that bad at anymore.

I'd like to hear who all these bad matchups are now from someone who actually knows what they're talking about with an explanation as to why they're so bad other than "x goes through klone"

Stop putting a character whose strings are all negative as a top tier (Sub Zero). No teleport + not having far reaching normals without hurbox + punishable overhead+ punishable slide+ punishable ice ball+ ex iceball + punisable ex shatter+ all minus strings = Mid tier at best. If you are looking for a top tier, start looking at Kenshi. With safe 50/50's and plus on block strings, plus on block armor and a teleport. He's a treat.

Last edited:

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Stop putting a character whose strings are all negative as a top tier (Sub Zero). No teleport + not having far reaching normals without hurbox + punishable overhead+ punishable slide+ punishable ice ball+ ex iceball + punisable ex shatter+ all minus strings = Mid tier at best.
Tom?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Is GM really useless without klone though? He has a safe special to cancel into, a decent advancing string with F42, a decent hitconfirmable mid, launching 50/50s (even if he has to spend meter on the low midscreen to convert) absolutely INSANE mobility with slide and amazing corner carry to get his set play started which is still insane against everyone.

I mean sure he probably doesn't roflstomp you if you have a way around the klone but that doesnt automatixally make it a bad MU lol. He just has to play neutral like any other character which he isn't even that bad at anymore.

I'd like to hear who all these bad matchups are now from someone who actually knows what they're talking about with an explanation as to why they're so bad other than "x goes through klone"
Subs offense is never plus, not even staggerable due to the frames just being too terrible, if you look at his neutral tools by themselves it's ok, but compared to the cast they're bad. The klone takes neutral out of the equation, so when it's gone he has to play footsies with mediocre tools or open you up with an unsafe 50/50. Which matchups do you want to know about?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Stop putting a character whose strings are all negative as a top tier (Sub Zero). No teleport + not having far reaching normals without hurbox + punishable overhead+ punishable slide+ punishable ice ball+ ex iceball + punisable ex shatter+ all minus strings = Mid tier at best. If you are looking for a top tier, start looking at Kenshi. With safe 50/50's and plus on block strings, plus on block armor and a teleport. He's a treat.
Sub is definitely better than mid tier, he literally murders half the cast. He just doesn't belong in the absolute highest of tiers.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Tell Me. Which one of these things I said was a lie?. I want your anwser, not name calling.
Name calling? Aye, calm yourself.

Did you also just forget to mention his safe, meterless combo ender, which makes everythinf safe, except the B2? Godlike backdash and mobility, his buttons being FAR better than Kenshi's, his godlike setplay, launching 50/50's, amazing corner carry, safe advancing mids?

I don't believe he's S+ but saying he's mid tier because he has some unsafe stuff is ridiculous.

Name calling? Aye, calm yourself.

Did you also just forget to mention his safe, meterless combo ender, which makes everythinf safe, except the B2? Godlike backdash and mobility, his buttons being FAR better than Kenshi's, his godlike setplay, launching 50/50's, amazing corner carry, safe advancing mids?

I don't believe he's S+ but saying he's mid tier because he has some unsafe stuff is ridiculous.
His launching 50/50's are unsafe and punishable (besides ice clone shatter which is still negative), he has gaps(armorable and backdashable) in his safe ender which is mid, unlike Kenshi that can be a gapless safe low or a safe gapless overhead. I agree That maybe he's a bit higher than mid tier in his main variation. But top tier is pushing it. Also, Thanks for actually responding with an argument.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Subs offense is never plus, not even staggerable due to the frames just being too terrible, if you look at his neutral tools by themselves it's ok, but compared to the cast they're bad. The klone takes neutral out of the equation, so when it's gone he has to play footsies with mediocre tools or open you up with an unsafe 50/50. Which matchups do you want to know about?
Which matchups are actually bad for GM now?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Which matchups are actually bad for GM now?
I have him as losing slightly to Tanya, Ferra/Torr, and Jacqui. Kung Jin, Predator may be a possible losing. I have D'Vorah and Tremor as losing pretty handily. I think he gets raped by Kenshi, Sonya, Takeda, and Ermac.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I have him as losing slightly to Tanya, Ferra/Torr, and Jacqui. Kung Jin, Predator may be a possible losing. I have D'Vorah and Tremor as losing pretty handily. I think he gets raped by Kenshi, Sonya, Takeda, and Ermac.
Jacqui is even.

Well, shotgun is. Full auto is even or subs favour and high tech is lol.

llabslb

R1D1_998
You should check out foxys sub. He's not very dependent on the clone. He'll open his opponent up like how he does with Lao or everyone else. Conditioning into wanting to press a button at the wrong time. Subs staggers are meh but it changes when the threat of the clone is there as well.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Sorry, fellas, but after reading all of this about Sub Zero, I'll have to comment on this.

As a Grandmaster, he's mostly depending on his Ice Klone. His problem is that almost half of the cast is a weapon variation with better tools to destroy his Ice Klone and him, or zoners, like Quan Chi and Ermac. He's fine against those who are quite CQC and have crappy zoning. His Klone has a purpose, to prevent them from getting near him.

Unfortunately, most of the gamers do know him and know how to punish him. :/

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Inferno is just pure trash lol idk how else to say it. Butcher and Killer are both pretty damn good variations. Whereas I'd say Inferno is a bad character with a few pros, I'd say they're good characters with some problems.
Define "pretty damn good" I want a grasp on how good you think they are before I begin talking.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Also! Myri, baby, Pretty Lady is B tier. He has terrible whiffing issues against every single female hitbox (this includes even some males with female hitboxes like scorpion). The recovery on his chainsaws are terrible which makes his zoning a lot worse. A whiffed chainsaw makes it so that a lot of characters can damn near full screen punish whiffed saws. He loses a lot of zoning wars due to his meh zoning. Up close he doesn't have much except for EX up saw being plus on block but he doesn't have much to follow up on that afterwards. All in all he's not as good as the other two variations and is kind of a "meh" character. I only play him cuz I'm the Leatherface guy and he does better in some matchups than the other two.

myri

Time Warrior
Also! Myri, baby, Pretty Lady is B tier. He has terrible whiffing issues against every single female hitbox (this includes even some males with female hitboxes like scorpion). The recovery on his chainsaws are terrible which makes his zoning a lot worse. A whiffed chainsaw makes it so that a lot of characters can damn near full screen punish whiffed saws. He loses a lot of zoning wars due to his meh zoning. Up close he doesn't have much except for EX up saw being plus on block but he doesn't have much to follow up on that afterwards. All in all he's not as good as the other two variations and is kind of a "meh" character. I only play him cuz I'm the Leatherface guy and he does better in some matchups than the other two.
This thread is B tier.