What's new

Discussion Australian man makes tier list, world peace occurs as a result! (Current All Variation Tier List)

myri

Time Warrior
You know the drill, grab your popcorn and your saltshakers.

S+

Triborg (Smoke)
Triborg (Sektor)
Sub-Zero (Grandmaster)
Mileena (Piercing)
Shinnok (Bone Shaper)
Shinnok (Imposter)
Raiden (Displacer)

S

Jason (Unstoppable)
Sonya Blade (Demolition)
Kitana (Royal Storm)
Kitana (Assassin)
Tremor (Aftershock)
Ermac (Mystic)
Predator (Hish-Qu-Ten)
Kano (Cutthroat)
Jacqui Briggs (Full Auto)

A+

Bo’ Rai Cho (Dragon Breath)
Shinnok (Necromancer)
Jason (Relentless)
Jason (Slasher)
Kung Lao (Buzzsaw)
Jax (Wrestler)
Sonya Blade (Special Forces)
Sonya Blade (Covert Ops)
Kenshi (Possessed)
Kitana (Mournful)
Scorpion (Ninjutsu)
Scorpion (Hellfire)
Sub-Zero (Unbreakable)
Mileena (Ravenous)
Mileena (Ethereal)
Takeda (Ronin)
Takeda (Shirai Ryu)
Takeda (Lasher)
Cassie Cage (Hollywood)
Cassie Cage (Spec Ops)
Cassie Cage (Brawler)
Jacqui Briggs (Shotgun)
Kung Jin (Ancestral)
Kung Jin (Shaolin)
Tanya (Pyromancer)
Tanya (Dragon Naginata)
Tanya (Kobu Justu)
Predator (Hunter)
Kano (Cybernetic)
Kano (Commando)
Erron Black (Gunslinger)
Liu Kang (Flame Fist)
Liu Kang (Dragon’s Fire)
Ermac (Spectral)
Ermac (Master of Souls)
Reptile (Nimble)
Reptile (Deceptive)
Reptile (Noxious)
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless)
D’vorah (Swarm Queen)
D’vorah (Brood Mother)
Raiden (Thunder God)
Quan Chi (Summoner)
Quan Chi (Sorcerer)
Goro (Dragon Fangs)
Tremor (Crystalline)
Tremor (Metallic)

A

Bo’ Rai Cho (Bartitsu)
Kung Lao (Tempest)
Jax (Pumped Up)
Scorpion (Inferno)
Sub-Zero (Cryomancer)
Jacqui Briggs (High Tech)
Kung Jin (Bojutsu)
Leatherface (Butcher)
Leatherface (Killer)
Leatherface (Pretty Lady)
Predator (Warrior)
Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs)
Johnny Cage (A-List)
Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)
Erron Black (Marksman)
Liu Kang (Dualist)
Kotal Kahn (War God)
Kotal Kahn (Sun God)
Kotal Kahn (Blood God)
Ferra/Torr (Vicious)
D’vorah (Venomous)
Quan Chi (Warlock)
Goro (Kuatan Warrior)
Goro (Tigrar Fury)
Triborg (Cyrax)
Kenshi (Kenjutsu)
Kenshi (Balanced)

B+

Bo’ Rai Cho (Drunken Master)
Jax (Heavy Weapons)
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Raiden (Master of Storms)
Triborg (Cyber Sub-Zero)
Kung Lao (Hat Trick)

B

Erron Black (Outlaw)

Have at it, peace, I'm out.

I am by no means a pro player and I take no responsiblity for any "butthurtedness" (yes I just made up that word) that you may incur as a result of this tier list. Mostly I was just bored and wanted to give people an avenue for discussion.

Changelog:

Moved Kenshi (Kenjutsu), Kenshi (Balanced) from A+ to A.

Moved Kung Lao (Hat Trick) from A to B+

Moved Kung Jin (Shaolin) from A to A+, moved Kung Jin (Bojutsu) from A+ to A.

Moved Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) from A+ to A.

Moved Kitana (Assassin) from A+ to S.

Last edited:
I don't agree with piercing and grandmaster in s+. As well as balanced and kenjutsu in the same tier as possessed.Hellfire should also be ranked higher.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
One of the first tier lists I pretty much agree with, very accurate. Ehteral's position might be the only change I'd make. Should be higher. But that's just my opinion.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Unbreakable just has a better stuff really. Cryo needs to try and fuck your brains out with mixups while Unbreakable can actually just play the patient game and has WAY better frame data because of aura. F4 aura is dumb.
I genuinely haven't bothered to check out Unbreakable since XL update, this is mind-blowing new information for me. I'm going to have to take some time reflecting on this...

myri

Time Warrior
Inferno scorpion in A tier? Let's be srs for a moment.
Yes let's, inferno is not a bad variation in it's own right, it has Scorpion's base toolset for starters which is among the best in the game, solid meterless damage, a meterless vortex, good mobility etc. The main reason he is considered bad is that hellfire and ninjutsu are just much better. He's not bad, he's just irrelevant, similar to how Cyrax is not bad either, he's just irrelevant when you have Smoke and Sektor

I don't agree with piercing and grandmaster in s+. As well as balanced and kenjutsu in the same tier as possessed.Hellfire should also be ranked higher.
Mileena barely got touched in the patch at all, I mean seriously she got a slap on the wrist at best, she's still super strong and able to play the game from anywhere on screen.

Grandmaster is SUPER strong now I mean c'mon, db1 is safe now and Alien, one of his hardest matchups pre-patch got fixed by the tail hitbox. Literally everything he does can be cancelled into db1 and be completely safe (apart from b2) and he has 40% combos off every touch in the corner with the clone, also his overhead didn't get slowed down at all, so guess wrong and you're dead. Seriously his corner game has always been great but now with the faster d1 and safe db1 he has become insane, second only to Dragon Breath Bo in corner potential I say (I may be biased haha). Name for me three of Grandmaster's bad matchups please.

Moved kenjutsu and balanced down and I may move hellfire up.

WAIT. aftershock better than crystaline? Explain?
Air dd1 does work dude, even better the ex launches for a combo that he can convert anywhere on screen.

Unbreakable above Cryomancer? WHAAAAAAAAAT, this I gotta hear explained
Everyone was freaking out about Cryomancer in week one after the patch but we all found out that it was completely fuzzyable on block and pretty much just a gimmick. Plus his unique strings are now more minus. Meanwhile unbreakable had huge recovery frames taken off and db1 does more pushback with ice aura up AS WELL AS being safe.

Well the OP says grab your saltshakers so

@SaltShaker get in here boi
You figured out my plan!

*smokebomb*

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Shit is depressing when seeing outlaw go down like that. What is the playstyle as outlaw right now, honestly?