What's new

Discussion Australian man makes tier list, world peace occurs as a result! (Current All Variation Tier List)

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
Myri you're a genius. I definitely fck with your tierlist. But i got 3-4 changes in mind

I would moved up :

Hellfire , Nimble, Possessed and Hollywood in S-tier and shaolion in A+

Also you're one of the few who know that Aftershock is actually the best variation of tremor #Congrats

omooba

fear the moobs
for starters its 1 HTB, and F3 doesn't punish a tech roll. And, once again, in the corner you can tech roll and beat every meterless HTB.

Sounds like you really need to dive in and lvl up your options in this match up a bit better.
NOW I'M IN IT TILL THE BITTER END
FIRST OF ALL if you just tech roll just back dash i can read it and make you eat 2 htb. just cus you don't know the set up doesn't mean it doesn't exist
SECOND OF ALL obviously tech rolling can't be punished that's like saying standing can be punished. what i said is he can catch the roll meaning if you try to tech roll he can still make you eat the htb. if you back dash he can straight up just punish most backdashes if not all.

lastly regarding tech rolling in the corner. let's look at a basic combo. starter -> net -> close air bomb -> uppercut -> explosion -> late njp -> st4 -> close bomb. b3 beats every wake up including wake up roll. Now please let me here how you get out of this basic ass set up

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
NOW I'M IN IT TILL THE BITTER END
FIRST OF ALL if you just tech roll just back dash i can read it and make you eat 2 htb. just cus you don't know the set up doesn't mean it doesn't exist

SECOND OF ALL obviously tech rolling can't be punished that's like saying standing can be punished. what i said is he can catch the roll meaning if you try to tech roll he can still make you eat the htb. if you back dash he can straight up just punish most backdashes if not all.
Tell me what this set-up is, because if he has tools that I don't know about then of course my analysis will be inaccurate

lastly regarding tech rolling in the corner. let's look at a basic combo. starter -> net -> close air bomb -> uppercut -> explosion -> late njp -> st4 -> close bomb. b3 beats every wake up including wake up roll. Now please let me here how you get out of this basic ass set up
ehh what can I say. That's a nice set-up, using the height advantage to guarantee the HTB. Definitely not a gimmick - I can admit when I'm wrong. However, it's still another example of why CSZ is better, as he gets that same set-up off the same starter except + like 7%. Not saying you were saying otherwise

omooba

fear the moobs
Tell me what this set-up is, because if he has tools that I don't know about then of course my analysis will be inaccurate

ehh what can I say. That's a nice set-up, using the height advantage to guarantee the HTB. Definitely not a gimmick - I can admit when I'm wrong. However, it's still another example of why CSZ is better, as he gets that same set-up off the same starter except + like 7%. Not saying you were saying otherwise
this reply was way too mature. How you gone call me out then be mature about it just cus you're wrong:DOGE.lost my motivation to argue. also i don't know the set up off the top of my head. i don't use him my roommate does but it has something to do with b1,2+4.
also you can add more dmg to the set up i mentioned if you throw in 1,1,3 and an extra bomb. pretty sure it does as much dmg as csz does but not sure. yes i think csz is a better character but cyrax is still pretty good and definitely not a gimmick character

Also you're one of the few who know that Aftershock is actually the best variation of tremor #Congrats
how? i honestly want to understand how earth shake is a better tool than krystal armor plus better pressure.
just thinking about match ups alone. crystalline completely stops most of the cast from waking up. In a game were so many people have 2 hits of armor making most armor breaking set ups useless, his shit still works wonders.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this reply was way too mature. How you gone call me out then be mature about it just cus you're wrong:DOGE.lost my motivation to argue. also i don't know the set up off the top of my head. i don't use him my roommate does but it has something to do with b1,2+4.
also you can add more dmg to the set up i mentioned if you throw in 1,1,3 and an extra bomb. pretty sure it does as much dmg as csz does but not sure. yes i think csz is a better character but cyrax is still pretty good and definitely not a gimmick character
I think you might be wrong.

Cyrax has to sacrifice a lot of damage for his set-ups not to be a gimmick like that, and relying on like 22% combos and only in the corner like that and not armor breaking either, just to avoid gimmicks is a friggin gimmick in itself, talk about a gimped character. He has no non-gimmick midscreen oki, and once again if you can prove me otherwise I will admit I'm wrong, I don't know every way of doing everything, but I'm not just going to take your word on something that I've been looking for for a while and been asking the community for - there is no set-up that gives you an option to force a HTB if they normal get-up, if they delayed wake-up, and if they tech roll. And even if there was, if you gotta make a different read for every single option - then I don't think that's godly setplay anyway.

of course its possible I'm wrong and I will admit as much when I see the tech - you don't expect me to just take your word for it right? but if what you are saying is true he'd probably get bumped up a tier for me

At the end of the day I don't know where I would put him in tier list anyway, it's possible someone with a better neutral game than I could play around his complete lack of space control vs everyone not named Bo Rai Cho, but where he'd sit would depend on having non-gimmick set-ups which I'm personally yet to see... but my main point is that CSZ is absolutely a better character and we agree on that

Last edited:
These are all problems that all of Scorpion's variations have so I don't see why you think these make inferno bad and not the other two.

Kenshi and Kitana do not beat Grandmaster, no way. Mileena might though.
When I refer to kenshi I mean Possessed lol. Balanced seem more like a 5-5 and for kenjutsu i am not so sure. Perhaps @Tweedy can elaborate on this. As for scorpion, Hellfire can make his 50/50s safe with his cancels and as for ninjutsu, his gameplan is not based on 50/50s but more on the neutral. Not to say Ninjutsu has one of the best normals in the game in f2 and b2.

E

Eldriken

War God and DEFINITELY Blood God do not need to be grouped with Sun God. War God may be an exception, but certainly not Blood God. That variation is absolutely useless compared to the other two. Maybe before the nerfs to Kotal and the nerf to the Obsidian Totem, but not now.

I agree with Sun God's placement, however. It's just with the block stun fix to Kotal's OH and low sword, he's far more punishable now than he was before if you block his mixes. Then the removal of armor on EX db1 only adds insult to injury. They could have made it a two bar armored launcher like they did with other moves in the game.

It's so unbelievably unsafe like Mileena's ball roll, Predator's EX scimitar stab, etc that it wouldn't have made it unbalanced or unfair at all.

I'm just still super salty about what they did to my main guy. -.- Oh well. Jason more than makes up for it. Slasher and Unstoppable all the effin' way.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Balanced should be in B+ with his friend lackey garboTorr.

Stunt Double higher than A-List and Fisticuffs is a no. Stunt Double is Cage's worst variation now.

Outlaw a tier of his own? Nah. B+.

Other things seem questionable too.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Can anyone saying they almost completely disagree with the tier list actually offer somewhat of a counter argument?

This site is notorious for people throwing their opinions/facts out there with no justification.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I do believe everyone is entitled to their opinion but I keep seeing "this is wrong, end of story".