What's new

ask scorpion thread

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Okay, I'm trying to figure out this style of Scorpion I keep seeing. They were not going for the standard combos of 11/21/33 spear etc., but doing a bunch of other crap. The one thing I'm really interested about is why they were using 3 3 in their juggles? Like maybe of a back 2, jk, teleport punch, then 3, 3 but I know I'm missing something which is what I'm trying to find out. What are these other combos that use 3 , 3 for juggling and why?

The highest damaging Xray combo Scorpion has is 49%.

Unless Scorpion is going to win by using Xray its kind of pointless. I can give you a list of combos but Im not sure what you really want. 3,3 hits high BUT you cant duck it unless you block.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I'm just trying to figure out what these combos are that use 3, 3 and why. You said you can end it with flame. But why not just do the F 2 1 xx teleport or air throw that gives you a guaranteed ex-hellfire? I'm just wondering why these Scorpions are using 3,3 I can't find any combos like that. I figured that there would be a better reason or something or why use it over the standard combos. I don't care about the X-ray, I'm just saying I saw some guy land an X-ray off a 3 3, I'm pretty sure. I just would like to see some of these combos that use 3 3 for juggling. I tried like B 2, jk, teleport, 3 3 spear and it works but I can't be exactly sure that's the combo. I'm just basically asking where these combos are because I have yet to see any with 3 3 being used for a juggle other than in the corner.

Honestly I have no idea why they would use 3,3. There are a lot of crappy Scorpions online, lol. Its like asking why do scorpions use f2,1,4, I guess because it looks cool?

As far as I know there isnt any real reason to use 3,3 unless for pressure. You CAN use it and make combos but there is no real point.

Like b2,dash,3,3,spear or b2,3,3,Xray.

1,1 does more damage and is easier though.

Okie dokie the combos for 33 spear jk tele jk air thow. The b2 combo is b2 jk tele 111 spear f21 tele for reset oppurtunity. Also 11 spear njp dash b2 jk tele jk air throw is the main . Also if you don't think there is a use for 33 then your dumb. 33 comes out in 10 frames which is faster than the 12 frame 11. 33 should be the main punisher exept for ball animations like smoke tele.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Okie dokie the combos for 33 spear jk tele jk air thow. The b2 combo is b2 jk tele 111 spear f21 tele for reset oppurtunity. Also 11 spear njp dash b2 jk tele jk air throw is the main . Also if you don't think there is a use for 33 then your dumb. 33 comes out in 10 frames which is faster than the 12 frame 11. 33 should be the main punisher exept for ball animations like smoke tele.
I think DnH is saying 3,3 is relatively useless in the middle of combos, which makes sense since you get more damage out of 1,1,1 spear than 3,3 spear while juggling an opponent.

Obviously but in some corner combos it is useful like (with back in corner) ex tele 21,21,21, 33 spear, jp f21 tele. Or ( with opponents back to corner. 11 spear jp f21 ex tele 21,21 jk air throw. These are 2 essential corner combos.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Oh, believe me I know there are crappy Scorpions. This is the only reason I'm asking because these Scorpions were pretty good. I was just curious. I just didn't see like a standard jip, 11/21/33/F4 Spear, NJ B2, Jk, teleport, jk air grab combo. It all seemed to be like a juggle off something else and I just kept seeing them use 3,3. I'm just asking because I saw it a few times and I wondered but apparently it's not of use in a juggle so I don't why they were doing it. Oh well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some Scorpion trick or something.

"33 spear jk tele jk air thow" - You can do this with 1,1 or 1,2.

"b2 combo is b2 jk tele 111 spear f21" - You forgot the JIP between spear and f2,1

Also, you can use 1,2 or 2,1 to do the main BnB. When I do a JIP for the main BnB I prefer doing 2,1 for some reason, helps me stay coordinated.

Also, more power to you if you can land the corner combos online, only one I seen do it is RedDjinn. Online I prefer..

(Your back in corner) En. Teleport Punch, 2,1 - 2,1 - 1,1,Spear,JIP,f2,1,En. Teleport Punch,Jump Kick,Air Throw.

11 is a much better string then 21 because you can add another 1 on it to have frame advantage or stop at 11 and throw or mix up. Also there is no njp in between there because for the mix up to work he has to be standing. The teleport punch gives you so much frame advantage that they have to block and my corner combo is better because it uses 1 bar and can be variated with another ex bar to make it 6 more percent than yours.

rofl 6 percent better? Just because you watch some Check or Tyler videos and or read the Living Guide doesnt make it better. If you take your head out of your ass for one moment I said ONLINE. The corner combo I posted is more practical due to the lag and how easy it is to drop the many 2,1s into 3,3.

Second, b2,jump kick,teleport punch,dash,1,1,1,spear,JIP,f2,1,teleport is the full b2 combo. Maybe I should start adding a C to my JIP so it reads cross over jump in punch?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Whoa whoa ... Drebin and Death, chill. We are all brothers and sisters of the Great Yellow Jacket: let us not test his hellish wrath. ^_^

Anyhow, both of you make good points, Drebin for offline (where competitive gaming has the greatest publicity) and Death for online (where competitive gaming has the most players outside of national and international offline events).

Chill? The first thing this guy does is call me dumb. Regardless if it is in a roundabout way. Typical internet nonsense, Ill put up with it once but not twice.

If people would clearly read whats written we wouldnt have these problems. You and everyone else knows Practical > Damage Dealt when it involves online. Sometimes Ill drop the 1 in my f2,1,teleport string for no reason at all, its quite infuriating.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Chill? The first thing this guy does is call me dumb. Regardless if it is in a roundabout way. Typical internet nonsense, Ill put up with it once but not twice.

If people would clearly read whats written we wouldnt have these problems. You and everyone else knows Practical > Damage Dealt when it involves online. Sometimes Ill drop the 1 in my f2,1,teleport string for no reason at all, its quite infuriating.
Online: yes, that would be better. Offline: the impact of lag is minimal, so if you can add more to it, then go ahead.

However, now that I reread Kuai Liang's post, he did mention online players, so I'm wondering whether those players had really good connections or were just experimenting.

I would assume experimenting. Sometimes when you dash to use 3,3 it'll throw out something else unless you have perfect control. I honestly wouldnt throw out 3,3 in a juggle unless there is some new stuff I havent seen yet.

Also, for the 49% Xray the timing is really crazy so they might have had really great connection.

I am just tired of scorpions that do not know the proper info. Also the dumb comment was way inappropriate so my bad. I was very stressed and I was in a rush.

I apologize as well.

If you are interested in helping me put together some real info you should check out the thread I made. Any info would be much appreciated in there.