What's new

ask scorpion thread

use this thread to ask question/s about scorpion we donn't need to make differets thread to ask a question

first post will be updated with the questions and answeres so that you know if your question was already asked before and what was the answere for it.

oZii

Noob
Well since I have finally settled on my main and chose to serve Hell as Scorpion.

The n.J 1/2 dash in B+1 on the B+1 sometimes the bounce isnt as high occasionally messing my combos up so when I go to jump kick into teleport The jump kick whiffs. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems completely random.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Any videos of people who are actually good with scorpion? weve all seen a million combo vids from the demo but not really any high level play. Im not sure even how to utilize his tools best besides spamming spears vs hapless online opponents.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like Scorpion, he's my second main guy. Had nice JK, teleport, juggle combos. I'm trying to figure out ways of getting the timing down better with the extra neutral jump punch juggle, dashing in back+2, JK, teleport, JK, air throw etc

Montanx

I like Scorpion, he's my second main guy. Had nice JK, teleport, juggle combos. I'm trying to figure out ways of getting the timing down better with the extra neutral jump punch juggle, dashing in back+2, JK, teleport, JK, air throw etc
Yea that seems to be the best part about him is that juggle combo is a no brainer 36-40 percent off of any spear and has low chance of dropping. Im just trying to figure out best ways to manage hellfire and jump baiting. cuz teleport doesnt lead to any combos and spear isnt safe.

oZii

Noob
After the Teleport try this,
change the Ender to dash in 3,3, leg takedown it's a little more forgiving on timing. Same damage. Also samething mixup also dash in 2,1,2
And sets you up lovely for guaranteed ex-hellfire Because they are planted on the ground for a second in facedown recovery.

oZii

Noob
Any videos of people who are actually good with scorpion? weve all seen a million combo vids from the demo but not really any high level play. Im not sure even how to utilize his tools best besides spamming spears vs hapless online opponents.
I'll give my thoughts and I'm not super high level but I think I play scorpion pretty good as my main though I haven't had a chance to test him against Valle yet but soon!

Toms guide of 1,1 pressure and 3,3 are the best pokes for mixups and are safe. The other good string is 2,1,2 that ends with overhead.

Also control the air with air throw it has priority over all normals as per the guide. I use it alot actually this makes them cautious about jumping if you can get them like 1 or 2 times. Then hellfire when they are lazy.

I hardly ever I mean ever teleport unless in combo or projectile punish and when you get a hit jump punch because it's free cause teleport gives you advantage. Then pressure with mixup.

Poke with f+4 for the low pokes which can give you a spear if you confirm off f+4 but you have to do it fast. Also 3,3 gives you spear too.

Ex tele has armor if you want a free hit/combo against projectile spam like noob players.

I would say the best asset with scorp is patience. Instead or all out juggernaut offense play him more defensively. I think he can control just about every match up that way.

Montanx

I'll give my thoughts and I'm not super high level but I think I play scorpion pretty good as my main though I haven't had a chance to test him against Valle yet but soon!

Toms guide of 1,1 pressure and 3,3 are the best pokes for mixups and are safe. The other good string is 2,1,2 that ends with overhead.

Also control the air with air throw it has priority over all normals as per the guide. I use it alot actually this makes them cautious about jumping if you can get them like 1 or 2 times. Then hellfire when they are lazy.

I hardly ever I mean ever teleport unless in combo or projectile punish and when you get a hit jump punch because it's free cause teleport gives you advantage. Then pressure with mixup.

Poke with f+4 for the low pokes which can give you a spear if you confirm off f+4 but you have to do it fast. Also 3,3 gives you spear too.

Ex tele has armor if you want a free hit/combo against projectile spam like noob players.

I would say the best asset with scorp is patience. Instead or all out juggernaut offense play him more defensively. I think he can control just about every match up that way.
This is exactly what i was thinking. i dont see a heavy rushdown like others are saying, I see a wait and punish style with mind games baiting positive situations and spears. ex spear is great vs projectiles since the armor soaks it up and gives u a combo. the f+4 low attack is good but tough to hit confirm into a spear, and i dont want to get into the habit of throwing spear everytime even when they block. U need to be pretty quick to determine a hit and safely spear.

oZii

Noob
Yea I usually dont go F+4 ~ Spear alot. I use more F+4,3. But yea Mind games and good situations for Scorpion.

the problem im having is im trying out this combo, my start is good but after a TP i cant seem to pull anything else off.

the combo im trying is, 1,1+2, TP, JK, JK, TP, spear, F+2,1,4

also im using the TE stick

Bud_Man

Noob
I have so many problems in life but the one that pesters me the most is why cant i b+2, jk, tp. I cant link jk to tp. Anyone have any suggestions on what i can be doing wrong? The tp is always late and when i think i have it it shoves my dummy to the ground. Any advice is open and appreciated.

oZii

Noob
V s Kang what the best thing for his pressure combos?

If your the Blackhawk from the IE stream I saw very nice scorpion you have.

For Kang the best I found is the universal lows and mostly blocking high playing it safe to get him off of you universal low like 4 or 3. Is what I find best.

I think scorpions main weakness is no get off me move outside of the extremely unsafe ex spear if they are playing oki games.

Black0hawk

I am the darkness that creeps in the night.
Thanks, yeah i am that black hawk. same thing i use but online its just difficult. i cant punish him after the first string with a grab or alow 4 into a leg grab. just lag makes it impossible.

I have been looking at the advanced gameplay section and it seems like for some characters stance changing improves damage or has other properties. I was wondering if anyone has tested anything out. I will also take a look for myself to see if there is anything I notice.

I have so many problems in life but the one that pesters me the most is why cant i b+2, jk, tp. I cant link jk to tp. Anyone have any suggestions on what i can be doing wrong? The tp is always late and when i think i have it it shoves my dummy to the ground. Any advice is open and appreciated.
What I recommend is when trying to do jk to tp use the say button for tp you use for jk it may sound silly but it helps me out. Also make it one fluid motion your doing jk tp is a cancel not a link so once your land the jump kick you can tp instantly.

Scorpion_kazuya

HELL BRINGER
Hi everyone!!
Sorry for my english is not very good.:-(((

I wont to ask about scorpion wake up attacks.
I play a lot vs with my friend an a lot of times my wake up attacks loosing. For example iam in corner and i wake up attack TP.
An i loosing from a 1
I try all scorpion wake up attack and in 70% i loosing from something.
Why this??scorpion is not good in wake up attack game???
And who is the best scorpion wake up attack???
Sorry for my english again. :-(((

Anybody know where I can get some footage of a high-level scorpion player... I'm really interested in seeing some actual gameplay of a really good scorpion player?

Draeka

Super Ninja
hi everyone,

1st time poster but ive been wondering these boards for the past week :china:

Heres my 2 questions,

Is there any point on using Scorpions X-Ray move, it seems the damage scaling on this move is really stupid if used with any of His Bnbs and you bascially only net +4 - 6 extra damage which seems to be a waste of meter.
The most ive been able to do is 43%, so it seems unless im going to kill someone with that specific combo then its a waste of meter which should rather be used towards breakers and E.Tele?

Did scorpion receive a dmg nerf on all his combos or is there a partically move in his BNBs that causes more dmg scaling now?

Edit,

So bascially after using scorpion abit, ive kinda answered 2 to above questions myself.

So heres my new question,

What is scorpions best AA move, It seems Ive been having alot of issues when guys rush me down and continulessly keep jumping over me from a short distances then mixing me up. The best i have now is patience and hope I guess right :(

A question from a newbie,
Does using Ex Hellfire ,after ending a combo with F+FK or B+BP (for an alternative, i think :p, an air throw), inescapable???