What's new

ask scorpion thread

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Can someone explain how armour on ex spear works?

I tried it twice yesterday against a Sub-Zero hoping to trade with Ice in my favour but I speared him, started pulling and the ice hit me and froze me. I thought it had armour for a longer duration. Should you try to trade like that? Seems pretty bad armour design.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Can someone explain how armour on ex spear works?

I tried it twice yesterday against a Sub-Zero hoping to trade with Ice in my favour but I speared him, started pulling and the ice hit me and froze me. I thought it had armour for a longer duration. Should you try to trade like that? Seems pretty bad armour design.
Yes, it is a pretty bad design. Actually the entire armor design is pretty bad: only 6 frames or so if I recall correctly.

First, you cannot trade at full-screen: you need to be closer. Second, you have to time it so you throw it right before it hits ya.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
What's the other way of ending Scorpions combo? Say you're doing Njp B2, jk, teleport... now instead of doing another jk and air throw, what's the other way of ending this? I've seen it ended someway that leaves with enough time for another jip. I'm pretty sure it wasn't ended with a spear.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
What's the other way of ending Scorpions combo? Say you're doing Njp B2, jk, teleport... now instead of doing another jk and air throw, what's the other way of ending this? I've seen it ended someway that leaves with enough time for another jip. I'm pretty sure it wasn't ended with a spear.
There are several ways to end his combos, but I believe the one you're thinking of is 1,1,1 Takedown or 1,1,1 Spear into F2,1~Teleport

Anyhow, anyone know if 3 can be hit-confirmed in F4,3? It might make for a better option for safe-mix-up than B4 since it allows for a safe jump.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I don't think that was it. Like I don't think it ended with a special, the combo just kind of ends and you go in for another attack. If you end with takedown, it doesn't really let you do that. I think I saw Slips do it, or maybe another but I'll have to find it. Thanks.

Edit:

I just remembered. Instead of doing the air grab, you just do another teleport and the opponent drops right in front of you and you can get another jump in.

Kedra

Noob
This combo is 39% from a jp.FP/BP, 37% if not (not sure though)

jp.1/2, 2,1+2~TP, dash, 2,1~TP D1~Spear (negative edge)
then jp.1/2, F2,1~TP and mix-up situation.
(works on midscreen and corner too)

Is this combo good?

Saint

Kombatant
This combo is 39% from a jp.FP/BP, 37% if not (not sure though)

jp.1/2, 2,1+2~TP, dash, 2,1~TP D1~Spear (negative edge)
then jp.1/2, F2,1~TP and mix-up situation.
(works on midscreen and corner too)

Is this combo good?
This is useless, after a jip you mix up with throw/f4/b2

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Actually, if you can condition your opponent to tech 1+3 in jin.P 1+3 or get hit by the jin.P, 2,1+2 leads to the highest damage that still ends with F2,1~Teleport.

My suggestion is don't abuse it, but if you find an opportunity where you can give it a shot, use it.

Saint

Kombatant
Actually, if you can condition your opponent to tech 1+3 in jin.P 1+3 or get hit by the jin.P, 2,1+2 leads to the highest damage that still ends with F2,1~Teleport.

My suggestion is don't abuse it, but if you find an opportunity where you can give it a shot, use it.
How much does jip 21+2 do that ends with the f21 tp

Saint

Kombatant
I can do 31-33% with jin.P 2,1+2~Teleport dash 1,1,1~Spear jover.P F2,1~Teleport.
b2 does 32% so I'm gonna stick with it, I don't see a reason in incorporating 21+2 in my game (it's also slightly harder to execute iirc)

b2, f4 and throw is all I use for my mixup

Kedra

Noob
I use 21+2 often on punishment. I use a stick so that the combos will be a lot easier.
still the damage is slightly meaty.

I'll try to make a video of the said combo of mine.

Saint

Kombatant
I use 21+2 often on punishment. I use a stick so that the combos will be a lot easier.
still the damage is slightly meaty.

I'll try to make a video of the said combo of mine.
In my mix-up game my combos do around 32%

For punishment it depends on their current health, if 40% is enough to get them down and they don't have a breaker I'll try to set up his bnb, if they're 40%+ I'll fall back into vortex.

truendymion

Apprentice
Hey can Scorp punish Reptiles elbow dash on block? Seems like he's completely safe. Maybe I'm not releasing the block button fast enough?

Saint

Kombatant
Slips, strategically who would you pick as your secondary character to best suit for scorpions harder matchups?

truendymion

Apprentice
Thanks Slips I'll give it a try.

Slips, strategically who would you pick as your secondary character to best suit for scorpions harder matchups?
Well if you are counter picking might as well go to the best character in the game: Kung WOW. Although after the nerfs he may not be the best anymore...

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Hmmm, I don't know if any character truly owns Scorpion cause he punishes so damn hard. But if I had to pick, I'd say Mileena, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Reptile or Noob.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
My main is Mileena (ATM anyway), and it certainly gets me around the hard Kitana matchup easily enough.

Saint

Kombatant
I don't think that was it. Like I don't think it ended with a special, the combo just kind of ends and you go in for another attack. If you end with takedown, it doesn't really let you do that. I think I saw Slips do it, or maybe another but I'll have to find it. Thanks.

Edit:

I just remembered. Instead of doing the air grab, you just do another teleport and the opponent drops right in front of you and you can get another jump in.
I don't know if you got your answer already but except for the jk throw you have two options.

One of them you mentioned which is jk tp, you can add a d1 for another % of damage, but this pushes your opponent away into an awkward position for jip.

The last one is my personal favorite, dash 11/21 tp, leaves the opponent in a perfect position for a jop.

Thanks to the video posted by King, my Scorpion has earned me many more wins with the Vortex, in which i have found methods of manipulating the guessing game to make it a mental hell for the guys i'm playing against ; but sadly, when i'm not in vortex, i find myself blocking and trying to pick an opening in my enemies' defenses... When playing better players, i fall short and it feels like i'm slipping on the dunce hat again. This is because my Scorpion playing is one dimensional, it only has one strength and that's not doing such a well balanced character justice. Anyone have some tips?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Hmmm, I don't know if any character truly owns Scorpion cause he punishes so damn hard. But if I had to pick, I'd say Mileena, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Reptile or Noob.
dont forget kung lao! you know all about my lao haha ;)