What's new

ask scorpion thread

Actually Cyrax can still pull off 40%+ combos

jip,1,2~net - back dash, jip,2,1~:en bomb, mid bomb, uppercut, B+2 - dash 1,2,1 does about 52%

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
The best follow up to :d+:fk would be :fk,:fk

has anyone tested this on a live opponent?

but on another note the timing would be strict and this is very risky when there is no guaranteed damage not to mention Scorp has much better options

and in the video it should be considered that not once did he use :d+:fk or :d+:bk with Scorpion
I have, it works. That's why I commented on the "accidental" (perhaps it would be better read as "late") wake up attempt, because it can catch the opponent doing trying to their wake up attack while standing. Though the timming is to watch for, because the :d + :fk can whiff.

ryublaze

Noob
I like how Check switches to Sub-Zero immedately after spear and the slide connects into the combo. I did not know that.

Kedra

Noob
The best follow up to :d+:fk would be :fk,:fk

has anyone tested this on a live opponent?

but on another note the timing would be strict and this is very risky when there is no guaranteed damage not to mention Scorp has much better options

and in the video it should be considered that not once did he use :d+:fk or :d+:bk with Scorpion
:d+:fk ~ :fk,:fk works as a trap. Tried it on fighting with my brother, who is using Ermac, and said it was sick for a surprise set-up.

:d+:bk will not work though. I tried many times and it i just got few rare results of it.

lol really? What's your GT again? I don't recall losing to another Scorpion in the last 24 hours.

I only lost to a Scorpion once today (like an hour ago) and yeah it was to leg takedown spamming. But not even EX version. Just normal leg takedown. I knew I couldn't punish those, all my jump punches and jump kicks were whiffing completely because Scorp just advances forward and down. And on block he can mixup with EX takedown, throw, jump or blockstring.

It really felt like that Kitana D1. But even more annoying lol. I'm still trying to figure this shit. It's pretty new to me.

No one freaking used leg takedown before but now everyone is abusing it. :/

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Seriously, even if the 2 in 2 1+2 is blocked, you can hitconfirm off of JUST the 1+2.

Like I said, the window to cancel it is extremely long, so you have long enough to hitconfirm hit, even though it's just one hit.

lol really? What's your GT again? I don't recall losing to another Scorpion in the last 24 hours.

I only lost to a Scorpion once today (like an hour ago) and yeah it was to leg takedown spamming. But not even EX version. Just normal leg takedown. I knew I couldn't punish those, all my jump punches and jump kicks were whiffing completely because Scorp just advances forward and down. And on block he can mixup with EX takedown, throw, jump or blockstring.
I just played you again. I remember exactly who you are now, the bastard with the crazy canceling stryker skills ;) GG's!

Oh so you were Entriple lol. GGs man.

You should've abused leg takedown more. You know, considering I have absolutely no clue how to deal with that shit yet lmao.

Try using leg takedown as a traveling tool as well as for pressure. I often cross-over jump punched you and you were just standing there blocking. But a leg takedown would've moved you away to safety. It can be used as a defensive tool, almost like a mini teleport or slide. Hence, why I find it so incredibly annoying. :p

can you make a video w/ a live opponent?

I cant see myself using this purposely lol

because he still has better and more damaging options

still good stuff

Kedra

Noob
can you make a video w/ a live opponent?

I cant see myself using this purposely lol

because he still has better and more damaging options

still good stuff
I'm gonna record a vid fighting a human Quan Chi or Ermac with this. (tom. or now?)
My eyes are tired so tom.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
So I'm wondering then, if that d3 is used to bring your opponent out of their grounded position, wouldn't they just jump out of any further pressure once they were brought back into a standing position? That's what I noticed with similar set-ups on my end. It seems like the favorite tactic regaurding low pressure like that. Looks pretty legit though if you figure out a form of pressure which acts as both pressure and potential anti-air.

DanX4

Noob
I wonder if f+4 will work...
Anyway, it's funny because I main both Sub-Zero and Scorpion, so I might try some of this stuff lol.

Kedra

Noob
So I'm wondering then, if that d3 is used to bring your opponent out of their grounded position, wouldn't they just jump out of any further pressure once they were brought back into a standing position? That's what I noticed with similar set-ups on my end. It seems like the favorite tactic regaurding low pressure like that. Looks pretty legit though if you figure out a form of pressure which acts as both pressure and potential anti-air.
The pressure depends on what decision the players will be after the reaction. Assuming you (Scorpion) did the reset (Far 2nd Spear ~ D+1) and forced your opponent to stand/block, if they jump, AA or NJP~Teleport. They rest of the options are self-explanatory.

Kedra

Noob
I wonder if f+4 will work...
Anyway, it's funny because I main both Sub-Zero and Scorpion, so I might try some of this stuff lol.
It will work for some different instances. But if it is read, just cancel the F+4 to takedown for a safer approach.

block damage

Thanks for the answers everyone,

Precisely what I meant is, if my first move is a normal teleport and it doesn't get blocked is there something I can link to it and be sure it won't be blocked? other way to put it is can I start a combo with a teleport as opening move.

A friend tells me it's not possible cause after teleport punch hits you get into neutral state. so if he's correct then I can't link anything to it and be sure it will work :)
just pressure with 1,1's youll be surprised at how much block damage cn do for u, hitting a blocked opponent also builds meter, this is very important especially since scorpion is pretty meter dependant.

Has anyone else noticed that doing a crossover jump KICK buffered into in-air telepunch causes the telepunch to safely whiff on block if the jump kick's point of impact is deep enough? To make sure I'm clear: I've been testing, and it seems that if you do a crossover jump kick buffered into telepunch and the jump kick is blocked high (like above the belt), then the telepunch also gets blocked and Scorpion is left spinning in the air like normal. However, it seems fairly consistent that if the jump kick is blocked deep (below belt-level), the telepunch just whiffs and Scorpion lands and can block immediately.

You should've abused leg takedown more. You know, considering I have absolutely no clue how to deal with that shit yet lmao.

Try using leg takedown as a traveling tool as well as for pressure. I often cross-over jump punched you and you were just standing there blocking. But a leg takedown would've moved you away to safety. It can be used as a defensive tool, almost like a mini teleport or slide. Hence, why I find it so incredibly annoying. :p
Hehe there was a little too much lag for takedown to be of any use. You kicked me out of wakeups with that low to overhead move, and your d1 pretty constantly screwed me out of teleports. You are hard as hell to vortex, about the only thing I could do with any success was f3, otherwise you were too fast for b2 or f4. I sure as hell couldn't spear you, which is why I was constantly hellfiring you in desperation lol. I should have tried some leg switches to bait you into jumping more.

Using takedown to escape crossover punches has never worked for me, the recovery on whiff is too slow, you were punishing me nearly every time you jumped my takedown.

Has anyone else noticed that doing a crossover jump KICK buffered into in-air telepunch causes the telepunch to safely whiff on block if the jump kick's point of impact is deep enough? To make sure I'm clear: I've been testing, and it seems that if you do a crossover jump kick buffered into telepunch and the jump kick is blocked high (like above the belt), then the telepunch also gets blocked and Scorpion is left spinning in the air like normal. However, it seems fairly consistent that if the jump kick is blocked deep (below belt-level), the telepunch just whiffs and Scorpion lands and can block immediately.
It doesn't have to be a crossover kick, you can do it off a regular jump kick. Add in some negative edge, and you can pop them up for a combo after the teleport if the kick isn't blocked. If I'm fighting someone who likes to stay down, and I can't get in fast enough to b2, I'll sometimes jk teleport them off the ground with some reasonable success.

ryublaze

Noob
Just tried this and man I love this tech. It doesn't work if the spear brings the opponent behind you.

I think this needs a name.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Meaty D3 seems short and self-explanatory once you know the individual terms.

Just a quick question, can this work after Poke~Spear, nj.P dash B2 jin.K~Teleport jin.K~Teleport? Or is at least possible to do Poke~Spear, nj.P dash B2 jin.K~Teleport 2 1+2 Spear?