What's new

ask scorpion thread

Saint

Noob
Thanks for the answers everyone,

Precisely what I meant is, if my first move is a normal teleport and it doesn't get blocked is there something I can link to it and be sure it won't be blocked? other way to put it is can I start a combo with a teleport as opening move.

A friend tells me it's not possible cause after teleport punch hits you get into neutral state. so if he's correct then I can't link anything to it and be sure it will work :)
Your friend is right, you can't link anything after teleport.

Same goes for ex teleport unless you shoot em into a corner.

Edit: Presuming your target's on the ground when the teleport hits.

2+1 is not hit confirmable, I dont see anybody hit confirm it. I do think it might be possible if youre really trained into and even then you wont be able to do it consistantly.
You're saying that you can't hit 2, 1+2 and between those TWO hits have the time to confirm that the first one connected and input a db3 or a db4? Because if that's the case, I must be a miracle worker.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Once anyone decent see's what you're doing they'll watch for the 2 and block high after every time. It's not hard to see the difference between the 1 and 2. I also don't agree that it can be hit confirmed unless the 2 hits but even if it could be scorpion has much better pressure options. At any decent level of play that will be blocked pretty much all the time and ending with a takedown is a bad way to keep the pressure on. Sure if there was an actual chance that you would land the overhead for a full combo then that wouldn't be so bad but it isn't, on top of that you would have to hit confirm. Pressure with 1's is just so much more useful.

Also 2, 1+2 xx takedown might not be any less safe than 111 but you can't use 2,1+2 takedown the same way. 1's can be stopped early to set up frame traps, if you stop the other string early you will be punished. Using that one leaves the other person knowing exactly what you're going to end with which isn't going to get you any damage.

Once anyone decent see's what you're doing they'll watch for the 2 and block high after every time. It's not hard to see the difference between the 1 and 2. I also don't agree that it can be hit confirmed unless the 2 hits but even if it could be scorpion has much better pressure options. At any decent level of play that will be blocked pretty much all the time and ending with a takedown is a bad way to keep the pressure on. Sure if there was an actual chance that you would land the overhead for a full combo then that wouldn't be so bad but it isn't, on top of that you would have to hit confirm. Pressure with 1's is just so much more useful.
I wasn't trying to imply that it was so good that it would replace 11 pressure, only that it's now a viable option to add to the vortex arsenal. Used once in a while, I think it is.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
You're saying that you can't hit 2, 1+2 and between those TWO hits have the time to confirm that the first one connected and input a db3 or a db4? Because if that's the case, I must be a miracle worker.

I'm gonna be honest. I don't use scorps but I gave this a go. To me you can hit confirm. I haven't been in a real match scenario but But i could decide what I wanted to input part the way through.

Saint

Noob
Not so much a miracle worker, just on something. (some mushroom that slows down reality)

But since you seem not to accept the fact there's no reason to keep discussing this.

Also, there's no reason whatsoever to have this in your vortex arsenal, since it is not confirmable all you need is B2.

Not so much a miracle worker, just on something.

But since you seem not to accept the fact there's no reason to keep discussing this.

Also, there's no reason whatsoever to have this in your vortex arsenal, since it is not confirmable all you need is B2.
So I say it's hit confirmable, you say it's not. A third party agrees with you, a third party agrees with me. I try to emphasize the potential uses of this option, you insult me. Think I got it. Discussion over. Cheers.

Saint

Noob
So I say it's hit confirmable, you say it's not. A third party agrees with you, a third party agrees with me. I try to emphasize the potential uses of this option, you insult me. Think I got it. Discussion over. Cheers.
Actually, I shouldn't have insulted you, I take that back. I'm sorry.

But I still firmly do not believe it is hit-confirmable, I guess some of the higherups on the website will have to confirm this.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
2 1+2 xx Takedown is pretty tight even if it isn't hit confirmable. Especially in the corner.

EDIT: Just tested, and it is hit confirmable because the cancel window on 1+2 is huge as hell.

Kedra

Noob
Safe when cancelling 2 1+2 to EN Teleport unless fast reaction.
Dunno about 2 1+2 - takedown, some will tick-react the setup, i think.

EGP Wonder_Chef

you can hitconfirm into teleport or takedown. It's pretty tight though.

the cancelable window on the 1+2 is just suuuuper long

Saint

Noob
you can hitconfirm into teleport or takedown. It's pretty tight though.

the cancelable window on the 1+2 is just suuuuper long
So let me get this straight, you can wait to see if your 2 1+2 hits and then decide to let's say teleport, dash 111 spear?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yes, even if the 2 is blocked. On block you can react and do Takedown, on hit you can react and do Teleport > Dash 1 1 > Dash 1 1 xx Spear > Jump Punch, F2 1 xx Teleport or whatever.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I still think it takes more effort than it's worth. I feel that overhead will be blocked every time by anyone good.

emerc

Noob
People are mistaking hit-confirmable and guaranteed combos..

Ex: 2 1+2

hit-confirmable means you made contact with one part of the string and have sufficient frames to be able to CHOOSE spear/takedown/tp.

IF the first punch (2) CONNECTS.. you get a GUARANTEED Shoulder thrust(1+2), meaning you choose free spear/teleport (TAKEDOWN WILL WIFF) because you have sufficient frames to choose your next command while the shoulder animation is going.

however, if the first punch (2) is blocked, the SHOULDER THRUST (1+2) is not hit confirmable... meaning, you do not have enough frames to SEE WHETHER THE SHOULD CONNECTS to make a choice on spear/teleport. You have to COMMIT to either spear/takedown/teleport which is a GAMBLE OF THE OPPONENT RELEASING BLOCK in which case spear/teleport will connect, OR BLOCKING HIGH in which case takedown will connect.

Kedra

Noob
After connecting a 2nd spear, the opponent will go to sliding knockdown animation, i think.
Then when the opponent is laying on the ground next to you, you can force them to stand with D+3 or F+4 (Hard timing).
I dunno I sort of watched the new combo vid of Check before testing the tech. :

The tech is similar to Johnny Cage's Sweep B+4 ~ D+1 Poke.
Thoughts? (Or am I late?)

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I play quite a few Scorpions online (I use him myself) & I keep getting caught out by the same move no matter what I try to get out of it with. It happens when Scorp EXteleports then im a sitting duck for a throw, or if I try to jump out of it, I get a 3,3 spear or a 1,1 spear, then a combo. Whats the best way to escape this?

cheers.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You can duck the first part of the Enhanced Teleport Punch. From there, you can either low-poke into a combo (if your character is equipped with the necessary tools for doing so, like say...Sonya or another Scorpion, to name a few) or just uppercut him into submission. However, the speed of your character's uppercut must be enough before the second part of the attack strikes or you will get knocked to the other side of the screen.

However, there may actually be benefits to getting pummeled by the Enhanced Teleport Punch. As DetroitBalln313 demonstrated via some streamed fights at an Arizona tournament...by allowing the attack to propel you all the way across the screen, you reduce your chances of being caught in pressure tactics from Scorpion, plus you gain a bit of meter. Scorpion doesn't exactly have great zoning tools (except for maybe his Hellfire and Spear, but those are very risky), so this hurts his game.

Sometimes there are ways to turn your opponent's attacks against himself. I urge you to be mindful of this.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'll try out the uppercut & see how that goes, I just get caught sometimes cos they teleported so fast that I didn't see if it was Ex tp or just normal tp, so I end up blocking high waiting to punish the normal tp with a combo, only to find out it was an EX tp & on comes the pressure.

Cheers.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
True, the safest and most annoying way is to poke him out with d1. It take out much dmg but i will discourage your opponent from constant teleports.

?

People are mistaking hit-confirmable and guaranteed combos..

Ex: 2 1+2

hit-confirmable means you made contact with one part of the string and have sufficient frames to be able to CHOOSE spear/takedown/tp.

IF the first punch (2) CONNECTS.. you get a GUARANTEED Shoulder thrust(1+2), meaning you choose free spear/teleport (TAKEDOWN WILL WIFF) because you have sufficient frames to choose your next command while the shoulder animation is going.

however, if the first punch (2) is blocked, the SHOULDER THRUST (1+2) is not hit confirmable... meaning, you do not have enough frames to SEE WHETHER THE SHOULD CONNECTS to make a choice on spear/teleport. You have to COMMIT to either spear/takedown/teleport which is a GAMBLE OF THE OPPONENT RELEASING BLOCK in which case spear/teleport will connect, OR BLOCKING HIGH in which case takedown will connect.
correct me if im mistaken but isnt the reason you use the 2 1+2 is because the last hit is an overhead? so why would it be affective for you to hit confirm the 2, it hits high. by the time 1+2 is on screen you wont be able to follow it up anymore. so this string might be hit confirmable, but your not really making use of the overhead thus 1,1,1 would be the better and safer string.

B2 is indeed a much better overhead choice

the 2+1 looks very hit confirmable though, so thats why people might say that

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
True, the safest and most annoying way is to poke him out with d1. It take out much dmg but i will discourage your opponent from constant teleports.
I'll try D1 & uppercut when I get online later, im sure i'll get hit with a few Extp's before I get it down, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I'd also like some advice on AA with Scorp. I played a few high level Scorps who use 1 or D1 for AA, then dash into 1,1 spear, then a big combo. Any advice on doing that, I think it would kick me up to the next level if I were to get that down.