What's new

Ask Liu Kang Thread

Anti aerials

I always have trouble when aerial attack come to me.
How can i repel them? What are the best liu kang's anti-aerials? Which are safer and faster?

Against kung lao' dive kick... get cover or exists a counter?

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
well supposedly the patch came out today... and one of the patch notes said you can block after a dash cancel off a special move... this doesnt work for me... however i do stance change in order to stop my dash or d+3 or d+1

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
I always have trouble when aerial attack come to me.
How can i repel them? What are the best liu kang's anti-aerials? Which are safer and faster?

Against kung lao' dive kick... get cover or exists a counter?
Lius uppercut is fast, not the fastest, but good enough to be a viable anti-air
Parry works great as an anti-air, but it's also quite risky. Ex Parry can be followed up with a combo
Ex Bike and Flying kick are great anti-airs, plus they have armor
Xray hits airborne opponents and has armor
IAFB works great at a safe distance.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Guys, we do have a stickied Match-Up thread in here. Use it for discussing match-ups.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Feel free to move my posts and anything relative to the match up thread to keep this thread on topic. We still need to discuss many match ups there anyways now that this patch is out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I moved the recent match-up discussion in this thread to the stickied one, if you're wandering where it went. ;)

Theme

Noob
What are dragon stances good for anyways? I'm a bit confused... why not just do the combos? Is it mix ups? It seems more like a taunt for me.... I havent found any use for it.

-

Also, I'm confused on what this patch will do. It says it will hit confirm first? What does that mean? Lius parry always had problems, so what are they doing exactly with this patch?

Solo

Shadow Priest
I NEED HELP!!!!!

Everyone seem to poke out of everything! f1,2 they poke out. b3,1,2 they poke out. 213... they poke out by 21.

Seriously... Everyone seem to poke out of my pressure... which sucks.

Any help?

Solo

Shadow Priest
I NEED HELP!!!!!

Everyone seem to poke out of everything! f1,2 they poke out. b3,1,2 they poke out. 213... they poke out by 21.

Seriously... Every seem to poke out of my pressure... which sucks.

Any help?
Awww.....

I NEED HELP!!!!!

Seriously... Everyone seem to poke out of my pressure... which sucks.

Any help?
If you think they're gonna poke, do a cross over jump punch.

XBlades

dragon stance dash cancel is to mind fuck your opponent... so is the switching of stances....i personally am starting to use switch stances allot in order for the opponent to psych out the opponent.

Lou Kang

Noob
i dont totally understand what u mean by this blades, however as ur liu i feel is the best ive seen id appreciate if ud explain it to me so I can incorporate it

**and by explain i mean explain its purpose and the situation in which itd be used

Solo

Shadow Priest
dragon stance dash cancel is to mind fuck your opponent... so is the switching of stances....i personally am starting to use switch stances allot in order for the opponent to psych out the opponent.
Dragon Stance don't connect with any of his strings, Like Sonya's Military Stance.

Only time I find a use is:

DS cancel fireball, dragon kick, and bicycle kick.

you gettin poked out by down1s or down3s?
d1. Only certain characters though.. One being Cage. I try f1 2 and try to jump, but get poked before I get off the ground. My guess.. It could be online lag.

XBlades

hey guys, what i meant on Dragon Stance cancelling is when you and your opponent are poking each other... going head to head, you can back dash go into dragon stance state and then forward dash to cancel your Stance and b+312... in order for them to not block low... remember this is a gimmick, a trick, a move to confuse the opponent to actually use a launcher combo... now for example.... you do f+1,2 and the opponent blocks and likes to poke after... you can buffer the backdash after 2 comes out on the string and use b+312 to catch his poke... somewhat like counter poking. Same principle applies with 213 string... since it has frame advantage on block... you can back dash and cancel your dash with a combo string...
will not work against kitanas retarded d+1... its too fast, and that bitch has a machete attached to her arm.

Key note:
Sometimes when you dash and you think your too far you can cancel your dash with the switch stance feature (fk+bk) in example, 213 string when block, it pushes the opponent further away... Things that you can do to keep the pressure going is... b+1, into low fireball, overhead kick f+3 (risky because its slow) or b+2,3...... aside from doing those 3 things... you can also do back dash to give you some room for retaliation against your opponent... when you back dash, you can cancel the dash with switch stance option.... Note while you switch stance you can block only right after the animation is finished so be careful and play with it. Its all about fundamentals.

Lou Kang

Noob
hey blades, you ever play online....ill be home this weekend for thanksgiving and will be able to play for a couple days....if i can catch u when ur on would u down to play a couple games, just so i can see how u play....ive got a pretty decent liu

XBlades

hey blades, you ever play online....ill be home this weekend for thanksgiving and will be able to play for a couple days....if i can catch u when ur on would u down to play a couple games, just so i can see how u play....ive got a pretty decent liu
yeah go ahead and add me...but remember this game is not online-friendly so we are both flawed by execution and precision...

Solo

Shadow Priest
We need more Liu Kang discussions. I need more info!!!! :D

CSZ seems to be the hot topic... >.>

I wanna write me a Liu Kang Guide, but I suck at that stuff... :(

I've only picked up Liu and I've been using f24 and b2b3 to get into launcher range and to mix up my opponent. Are these strings safe on block? And does he have any frame traps?
Also how do you guys deal with Kabal, I haven't played against one yet with him but he's one of the main reasons I'm picking Liu up.