What's new

General/Other - Ermac Are You Satisfied with The Design of Ermac?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Ermac needs either one of the following in order to be considered completely viable:

Option A) Make b34 -5 instead of being full combo punished by most of the cast.
Option B) Keep all frame data the same, but make b31 special cancellable.
Option C) Give Ermac armor on raw ex teleport.

Theres absolutely no reason he cant have one of the changes done. If Kenshi can be given all those changes, why not poor Ermac..
Option A is nice.
Option B (I'm assuming you mean B32?) means that he essentially has a second chance of converting into nearly 40% meterless after his inital 50/50..... that's a bit much. It would take away the guessing game after B3 as you'd almost get a free 4 after B3.
Option C is a good one and I'm starting to wonder why he doesn't have it already.

Can any character that can get 40% meterless from a 50/50 ever be not completely viable though?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
He doesn't need a buff. He just needs his current armored moves to be re-worked so that they ACTUALLY work. ( In MoS variation)
He does not necessarily need to be given a combo off of his meter. I just want something that works. I only suggested ex teleport because it currently works very well on wake up. So I dont see why it would not work standing.

You are not playing full auto jacqui match up right dude. I can guarantee it. One of my training partners is a jacqui player and it is not difficult to get in on her at all. You have a teleport. You can walk forward and crouch the gun and at your max lift range you can punish her once the bullets are over your head. If they want to beat this out by doing ex missile after to beat your Push, then jump over it or teleport on it. If you think they want to shoot a gun, trade with a soulball. Dont wait until you see them shoot the guns, because then obviously the soul ball wont come out. This has to be on a read...

I don't understand why you think it is hard to get in on jacqui, on your wake up because of her guns? Like this makes zero sense..... But nothing new coming from you =P
Making his EX-tp armored when standing would be equivalent to a buff. Considering the fact that he gets 30%+ when he lands it. And if someone is in the middle of pressuring you, it's not like it's going to whiff very often

As for Jacqui. It was my first time playing against full auto so yea I guess i was doing something wrong lol
Using the tp was hard because if I wait for the bullets to go over my head, the tp is so slow that the second wave of bullets would knock me out of my tp animation. If I jumped then tp, he would see it coming and just block punish. If I jump and vanish, he waits for it and fires missiles to the air and just blocks in case I tp. I did forget about lift lol
Yea I gotta play this MU again :p

zaf

professor
Making his EX-tp armored when standing would be equivalent to a buff. Considering the fact that he gets 30%+ when he lands it. And if someone is in the middle of pressuring you, it's not like it's going to whiff very often

As for Jacqui. It was my first time playing against full auto so yea I guess i was doing something wrong lol
Using the tp was hard because if I wait for the bullets to go over my head, the tp is so slow that the second wave of bullets would knock me out of my tp animation. If I jumped then tp, he would see it coming and just block punish. If I jump and vanish, he waits for it and fires missiles to the air and just blocks in case I tp. I did forget about lift lol
Yea I gotta play this MU again :p
Like I mentioned if you read what I even wrote.... I do not know if it is possible to re-work instant air blast. So a solution is to give it to teleport. If you give it to lift, you are still giving him an armored launcher... So what does it matter? I also, even said it could end up being a problem.....

And damn, the option select. Blabbing nonsense about jacqui MU... "Oh yea it was my first time, so i forgot I had any tools"

Afumba

Noob
Maybe that could just be it... Making EX burst wider. Kinda like the size that the ex air blast takes up....
That is the only thing that could be a problem with giving ex teleport armor. He will be able to get combos on gaps in strings and get some nice damage of it, then into a vortex. But there are a lot of characters that are already doing this... So I dont know what to say.....
Chars I can think of off the top of my head: Cassie, kung jin, kenshi, Erron Black, KL, Raiden.Scorpion.
All have armored launcher into combo.
I agree that others have it but is it really a good thing? I for one think not everyone should have access to the same/similar tools... or access on too many tools. Erron Black is a good example here... OP or not he has too much stuff. Dont want Ermac turning into that.
If some characters have so much/too much they need something removed or weaknesses added. Giving everyone more to make up for those doesnt sound like a good idea.

MoS Ermac not beeing able to combo string gaps & his almost bad-ish wake up game is what keeps him in line in my oppinion. He has so much and all he needs is fine tuning on the moves that are bad or not as good as they should be... Burst, vanish even levitate is more reasonable to mess with in my oppinion. As said Ex tp is too strong with armor. Comboing string gaps & it likely would also win lots of armor trades+launch. And his other tools would still be garbage.

What if you could choose were you reappear after vanish? Either were you disappeared or at the same distance at the other side of the opponent? Hmmm sounds fun, but could be bit strong as well :D

zaf

professor
I agree that others have it but is it really a good thing? I for one think not everyone should have access to the same/similar tools... or access on too many tools. Erron Black is a good example here... OP or not he has too much stuff. Dont want Ermac turning into that.
If some characters have so much/too much they need something removed or weaknesses added. Giving everyone more to make up for those doesnt sound like a good idea.
MoS Ermac not beeing able to combo string gaps & his almost bad-ish wake up game is what keeps him in line in my oppinion. He has so much and all he needs is fine tuning on the moves that are bad or not as good as they should be... Burst, vanish even levitate is more reasonable to mess with in my oppinion. As said Ex tp is too strong with armor. Comboing string gaps & it likely would also win lots of armor trades+launch. And his other tools would still be garbage.
What if you could choose were you reappear after vanish? Either were you disappeared or at the same distance at the other side of the opponent? Hmmm sounds fun, but could be bit strong as well :D
Probably not a good thing. He would just have too much like you said.
Yea He does not need to be able to combo string gaps. I just want a working armor move really.
Controlling vanish would be cool. But could also be too strong. He might be able to time people out like this lol

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Like I mentioned if you read what I even wrote.... I do not know if it is possible to re-work instant air blast. So a solution is to give it to teleport. If you give it to lift, you are still giving him an armored launcher... So what does it matter? I also, even said it could end up being a problem.....
... yea I read what you wrote and my own idea to trying to make the character more viable was to make EX-tp an armored launcher while standing + wake up & keep the standing soul burst as armored only on wake ups. That's it.

And damn, the option select. Blabbing nonsense about jacqui MU... "Oh yea it was my first time, so i forgot I had any tools"
LOL

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Option A is nice.
Option B (I'm assuming you mean B32?) means that he essentially has a second chance of converting into nearly 40% meterless after his inital 50/50..... that's a bit much. It would take away the guessing game after B3 as you'd almost get a free 4 after B3.
Option C is a good one and I'm starting to wonder why he doesn't have it already.

Can any character that can get 40% meterless from a 50/50 ever be not completely viable though?
He had option C before day 1 and they took it out.... -.-
And yes, I meant b32

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ermac needs either one of the following in order to be considered completely viable:

Option A) Make b34 -5 instead of being full combo punished by most of the cast.
Option B) Keep all frame data the same, but make b31 special cancellable.
Option C) Give Ermac armor on raw ex teleport.

Theres absolutely no reason he cant have one of the changes done. If Kenshi can be given all those changes, why not poor Ermac..
Current ermac vs pre patch Kenshi isn't even near the same ballpark of comparison

I don't think people really know how bad he was.

Pig Of The Hut

I'm thinking of paying Pig Of the Hut to complain about Ermac so he'll get buffed
This is stupid

I had logical explanation for everything Kenshi related

NRS doesn't make a game for 1 person's complaints they cater to the 4-5 million

If changes were made it's because they felt they needed to be made which actually validates me so hold that

Maybe I know wtf I'm actually talking about

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
This is stupid

I had logical explanation for everything Kenshi related

NRS doesn't make a game for 1 person's complaints they cater to the 4-5 million

If changes were made it's because they felt they needed to be made which actually validates me so hold that

nobody cares that a bad character got buffed. they just think it's convienient how one of the community's crying the loudest was actually able to get their buffs, while others are left in the dust

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Ok I agree w that however master of souls is pretty good at worst

Mystic and spectral I can agree w
Id take a change to soul ball for those other changes I mentioned. Mystic has the potential to be his strongest variation. Im tired of Master of Souls. I dont feel outplayed when I lose and I dont feel like I outplayed someone when I win. I dont like to revolve my gameplay around 50/50s. I like to earn my wins MK9 style.

Pig Of The Hut

nobody cares that a bad character got buffed. they just think it's convienient how one of the community's crying the loudest was actually able to get their buffs, while others are left in the dust
I mean to be fair I did have to wait

And I'm full on board w hoping kitana and kang get help as well

Pig Of The Hut

Id take a change to soul ball for those other changes I mentioned. Mystic has the potential to be his strongest variation. Im tired of Master of Souls. I dont feel outplayed when I lose and I dont feel like I outplayed someone when I win. I dont like to revolve my gameplay around 50/50s. I like to earn my wins MK9 style.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but no win will feel like mk9 because MKx is what master of souls is

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Yea He does not need to be able to combo string gaps. I just want a working armor move really.
Unless they increase the damage on whatever good armor move he's going to have it definitely needs to lead to a combo. Because meter is a particularly scarce resource for Ermac. If you knock them off for one bar and then they're right back but now you're out of meter it will be little consolation that your move to knock them away now hits more consistently.
In other words, the pressure is meterless (and probably builds a ton of meter), getting out of it isn't. You need better ROI for your meter than 5%.