What's new

Are you happy with how NRS patched the game?

Are you happy with how NRS decided to patch the game?

• Yes, I'm happy with how NRS patched the game.

Votes: 119 50.0%
  • No, they could've done better.

Votes: 75 31.5%
  • What were they thinking?! They ignored many problems with the game.

Votes: 44 18.5%

• Total voters

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It must just be my connection with Hellbringer, but if I wait to press block until I hear the startup, it’s too late and I get hit. So when he has it, I can’t press a button or do anything. Even if I’m doing nothing but scouting it out, if I’m not already blocking when he uses it, I’m getting hit.
His damn ass always waited to get me in a nomad dash when he uses it but he does not do it raw in general when we play at least.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His damn ass always waited to get me in a nomad dash when he uses it but he does not do it raw in general when we play at least.
Oh, he always hits me raw unless I'm already being kombo'd and it will kill. It's gotten to the point where I just have to accept that I'm playing every set with 320 less life than him. Once he has it, all I can do is sit and block. I've even tried baiting it by letting go of block, stepping forward, and blocking again, and my block still doesn't come out fast enough. It's straight garbage.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Oh, he always hits me raw unless I'm already being kombo'd and it will kill. It's gotten to the point where I just have to accept that I'm playing every set with 320 less life than him. Once he has it, all I can do is sit and block. I've even tried baiting it by letting go of block, stepping forward, and blocking again, and my block still doesn't come out fast enough. It's straight garbage.
Huh that is strange literally never does it raw on me maybe its a match up thing why dont we ask his ass @Hellbringer

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I guess since my characters didn't get messed with much (Kotal, Noob, Baraka) but I was hoping for some slight ascension buffs, but I am glad that rumor about them changing his command grab input wasn't true.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Considering Sub was skipped I suppose this patch was a nice conservative touch. He's still incredibly boring to play imo, but I am looking forward to jumping in with my old flame D'Vorah.

I was expecting more krushing blow changes across the board but I understand they want to take it slow.

Sindel better blow my socks off or this game will lose my interest though.

Light to Decent 7.

Last edited:

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
They could've done better with the Krypt. This amount of "farming" for a fighting game is insane. I agree with MK Tom Brady's rant.

As far as the character fixes, I thought the health changes were weird. I don't think the changes whether nerf or buffs were bad.

It wasn't horrible though... We'll see who still decides to counter pick in tournaments.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Overall pretty happy lot to learn . I’ll be trying out shao and kotal . Made Sonya reasonable charcter still very good .

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Considering I’m a Frost player and my d1 went from 9 frames to 8 while Geras and Erin still have 6 frames......you can guess how I feel.
But hey I have an 11f mid so I should be praising the NetherGods right? lmao

Matix218

Get over here!
This change is perfect for good scorpion players. Complainers get to stop complaining, and good scorpion players will literally not change a thing about how they are playing the character. The character has great buttons, staggers, offense in general. If you're not happy that he didn't get more nerfed, that's a clear sign that the character is a crutch for you.
As a reborn main I agree with this

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
YES! So much quality of life stuff (getting skins for the characters you play!!!) added brutality poses, etc., Hurtbox fixes that honestly made a huge difference with Cass, especially when clipping someone with 111 when they’re jumping you can actually get a combo off of it. Didn’t check if it fixed Kanos 241+3 whiffing issues but I’m sure it did.

Playing Dbag Kano is like having a completely different character. Looking forward to trying D’vorah and Shao kahn now. This is great.

I’M PUMPED!

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Character wise Im okay with it. They buffed my fave Cetrion variation, but dont like what they did for Kitana.

Game wise with tower unlocks and stuff. I fucking love

skahwt

Noob
Overall, I’m happy. I’m surprised that Johnny’s KBs weren’t touched. I like the non-gameplay improvements. An additional brutality pose is cool. I like the skin after finishing a tower. I’ll get more skins with characters I want, and I don’t mind not all skins aren’t accessible from the onset, but this way they’ll be easier to unlock and focused on the chars I like.

Happy for the characters that got buffed and good to see a few nerfed slightly. However with how many changes some characters got I would've expected Cage to get a bit more.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Happy that they half way undid half the D'vorah nerfs of the stupid reactionary day 1 patch, but apparently some of the good things about her were due to glitches to begin with, and the way they buffed b34 has improved her midscreen setups, but royally fucked up her best corner setups. We're going to spend the entirety of this game's life trying to undo the damage of that day 1 patch, I swear.

They buffed f224 to be slower, but +4 on block, which is workable for Buzzed, but totally useless for Arachnophobia, the variation that really needs the help most, because it's a special high that people low profile while ducking. And I know damn well that's happening by design because her s3 is the exact same animation as the part that whiffs, and it doesn't have that problem at all. If they're going to do this, Parasite needs to be part of her base kit, otherwise we just flat can't use that string without spending a bar.

Still no mid, but I can actually whiff punish now with f1 being a reasonable speed. It can jail from db4, but it's a literal 1f link, so I don't think I'll be doing that online.

All in all, bit of a mixed bag. I put so much work into those setups and now they don't work...wonderful.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's a start and they addressed the more top, OP characters which is good while buffing the weaker ones. There will be more patches, balance updates in the future I'm sure so I'm looking forward to those as well but really glad they did this rather than not. As a Raiden player, I'm glad he got Raijin buffs however I use Thunder Wave and would have preferred in a perfect world that got a few slight buffs but they did give lightning strike tracking on amp so I can't complain too much, at least he got that much for other Raiden players who use the other variation I'm happy for, hell I may even try it out. Had no interest before but now I may toy with it. Scorp is still dumb in some aspects like his staggers when compared to other characters staggers, but the nerfed port being a high now does help.

Last edited:

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
I played for a few hours this evening. The biggest differences by far and no surprise was VS Scorpion.

The character feels really good now, and they actually felt different and harder to play against because there wasn't so much free teleport punish. It's a good change for the game and for the character.