What's new

Are you going to stop playing MK9 when Injustice comes out?

Will you stop playing MK9 when Injustice comes out?

• Total voters

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Man I can't wait for Injustice but MK9 will never stop being played in my household until MK10 comes out. Oh and after seeing Fractured_Shadow in so many threads calling this game crap and still playing it, saying the games dead, I think it's safe to compare him to Digimon now.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Man I can't wait for Injustice but MK9 will never stop being played in my household until MK10 comes out. Oh and after seeing Fractured_Shadow in so many threads calling this game crap and still playing it, saying the games dead, I think it's safe to compare him to Digimon now.
I don't play it lol... I tried but my scene sucks, was getting zero support from the community, and every time AI asked a question I was told to "level up" and "play offline"

Also never said the game was dead... said it should die off when Injustice rolls around... The only thing I have complained about are obviously broken mechanics.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I don't play it lol... I tried but my scene sucks, was getting zero support from the community, and every time AI asked a question I was told to "level up" and "play offline"
Curbo plays online and dosen't have a scene but he dosen't bitch about it, he wins majors. Leveling up is needed for everyone. If you can only do that online than do it, don't complain so much man.

Also never said the game was dead... said it should die off when Injustice rolls around... The only thing I have complained about are obviously broken mechanics.
One of your questions was Kabal Iagb's I said D3 dash under. You continued to ignore it and cry patch. Like I said people are offering solutions, you're not taking them, how is "level up" viewed as negative?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
TTT2 has great online, training mode options and widespread access to frame data.

Considering how quickly most people on this site lost interest in it despite all of those factors, you have to be living in some extreme fantasy world to assume MK9 will just roll over and die after all of the roadblocks it has already overcome just because "Injustice is the next NRS game".

Fun fact: UMK3 (1995) has had more tournaments in the last 3 years than MK Deadly Alliance (2002/2003) had in it's entire lifespan, even though DA was arguably a much cleaner fighting game.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Amazing rants in this thread lol Back on topic tho, i'll always love mk no matter what new game comes out but I've been waiting for a good DC fighter to come to fruition and i cant hold back on injustice. Because of money, I've missed most of the mk9 tourney hype and i've given up online so leveling up is a little late for me, but i'll still play mk9 at any tourney i get to go to but my focus will be on mastering Injustice from now on.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Well once injustice comes out i'm gonna play it until AFTER East Coast Throwdown (will also play MK9, but probably will be rusty) then get back into MK9 to prepare for CEO and EVO.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The MK fans are coming out to defend their game. This thread IS kind of bait for an argument.
I don't personally play MK9 anymore, but I understand where they are coming from.

TTT2 has great online, training mode options and widespread access to frame data.

Considering how quickly most people on this site lost interest in it despite all of those factors, you have to be living in some extreme fantasy world to assume MK9 will just roll over and die after all of the roadblocks it has already overcome just because "Injustice is the next NRS game".

Fun fact: UMK3 (1995) has had more tournaments in the last 3 years than MK Deadly Alliance (2002/2003) had in it's entire lifespan, even though DA was arguably a much cleaner fighting game.

Well, I love TTT2, but there was never a doubt in my mind that only a select few people would actually make it their main game. Honestly, it just doesn't have that mass appeal and it isn't the easiest game to start up fresh into. Same goes for Soul Calibur and King of Fighters.

There are tons of characters, new players have no idea who they are or how they play, and they have to learn the mechanics, AND newer players would already be playing catchup because former players already have had the system and characters down for a few games.

Injustice on the other hand is a brand new IP. It uses characters that everyone and their mother knows about. MvC3 and SF players have been awaiting and hoping that its a great game. It's made by NRS so they know they are going to make it so casual players could pick it up and play without training first for 10 hours. It's also got the fanbase of a good hefty chunk of the MK community, as you could see in this poll.

Either way you look at it, Injustice is 100% going to be more in the spotlight in the FGC than MK9 when it hits the shelves. There is no denying that.
Saying that it will kill MK9 is a completely different thing. I don't think that will happen at all. The players that love MK9 will stick to MK9. But as far as the the community growing for MK9.... I think most of the people who would of wanted to start to learn MK9 will most likely pick up Injustice or another fresher game first. I honestly think it is just being realistic. No offense to any MK fans.

To those saying you'll drop Mortal Kombat because of the netcode, think again. You MIGHT be dropping Injustice Gods Among Us as well. We still have no idea if the netcode or online will be any good. Don't let the "We've been working on the netcode for years" line fool you. We were told the same thing when Mortal Kombat was comming out. Patience my friends.

I already don't play MK9 anymore. Me and the small group of people that I played it with first started playing back in February 2012. We all absolutely loved it, but then everyone but me randomly gave up on it for unknown reasons in June. So with that, plus the fact that the online is straight up unplayable and there's no scene for any non-Capcom fighters here, I was forced to quit too.

I'm really hoping that Injustice takes off here and has some solid netcode.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If Injustice has SFxT/Skullgirls levels of online play... hell, if it's even as good as SF4!... it could be worth playing.