What's new

Are you going to stop playing MK9 when Injustice comes out?

Will you stop playing MK9 when Injustice comes out?

• Total voters

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
None of the recent tournaments had 20-30.
Ok so what you are saying is, that MK will not be hurt if the online is pretty much abandoned, the tournament scene starts to wither, and if no patches EVER come out...hmmm that's dedication right there :)

9_Lives

Noob
I'mma play both equally unless Injustice om noms MK, in which case there would be no real point in practicing MK anymore.

Ok so what you are saying is, that MK will not be hurt if the online is pretty much abandoned, the tournament scene starts to wither, and if no patches EVER come out...hmmm that's dedication right there :)
Nope, because Injustice players will take interest in MK, it can grow. I don't even know if that many online warriors even make an effort to make it out so it doesn't matter. The patch thing is silly, everyone just throws that word around but no one ever seems to know specifically what they want fixed beside throw around some vague ass shit like "Lol fix Kabal and resets, meter drain, wah wah". Game does have issues but not as big as people make it out to be.

Why is it only this weird community that wants to see one of their game die, wonder why Capcom succeeds, there's something wrong with players that take interest in NRS games.

Patch has gotten to be a cheap copout to use rather than admit you don't understand how to fully counter things.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I love mk, but I won't pretend that the game doesn't have flaws. That being said, I was watching moonshiners a long time ago and this guy made a point, drunk and dumb as he is: "What do you replace something you love with?....nothing" Probably about the only thing I remember from watching that show.

Fractured_Shadow

Nope, because Injustice players will take interest in MK, it can grow. I don't even know if that many online warriors even make an effort to make it out so it doesn't matter. The patch thing is silly, everyone just throws that word around but no one ever seems to know specifically what they want fixed beside throw around some vague ass shit like "Lol fix Kabal and resets, meter drain, wah wah".
LOL, so wait saying that MK9 needs patch 1.06 is crying now? Also Why the hell would Injustice bring people to MK9? If Injustice is as superior to MK9 as it is being hyped up as, what would be the point of playing MK9 (for new players).. All I'm saying is that if people's scenes die and there is nobody to play with online then how the hell are they gonna keep playing it? Fly across the country to GGA and hope to get some casuals? Here in Dallas my scene is pretty much dead so I am forced to play online which is terrible... If Injustice revives my scene and the online is great why would I keep playing MK9? I'm pretty sure that exact senario is what a bunch of people will find themselves in.

LOL, so wait saying that MK9 needs patch 1.06 is crying now? Also Why the hell would Injustice bring people to MK9? If Injustice is as superior to MK9 as it is being hyped up as, what would be the point of playing MK9 (for new players).. All I'm saying is that if people's scenes die and there is nobody to play with online then how the hell are they gonna keep playing it? Fly across the country to GGA and hope to get some casuals? Here in Dallas my scene is pretty much dead so I am forced to play online which is terrible... If Injustice revives my scene and the online is great why would I keep playing MK9? I'm pretty sure that exact senario is what a bunch of people will find themselves in.
Yes it's crying, when you blame the game instead of looking at your own faults first. There's a reason why people like Reo and Maxter and everyone else succeed consistently. This is not saying that game doesn't have issues, it does, but I believe patch thing is a stupid cheap copout.

Injustice is not synonymous to MK, so, yeah stop thinking it's MK10, it's not. They're both different games with different styles. Just because Injustice releases it doesn't mean it's a fixed "MK9".

It's going to be enjoyable to see people blown up for thinking Injustice is MK9.

Reactions: RYX

Fractured_Shadow

Patch has gotten to be a cheap copout to use rather than admit you don't understand how to fully counter things.
Wow... Just, Wow..... You are right... MK9 is a gem of a fighting game...the online is great, I'm just a scrub who thinks that walls of IGB's, Resets, meter draining glitch, a HUGE split in the abilites of the top five characters and the rest of the cast, and armor being handed out like candy is stupid.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You have no idea of how this community works, or the things that'll come. Just saying, you're very naive.

Wow... Just, Wow..... You are right... MK9 is a gem of a fighting game...the online is great, I'm just a scrub who thinks that walls of IGB's, Resets, meter draining glitch, a HUGE split in the abilites of the top five characters and the rest of the cast, and armor being handed out like candy is stupid.
Meter drain is a frame execution issue. Lots of people avoid Iagb's how come the only Kabals to succeed are the ones that don't just use iGBs. The ones that do and thinking spamming some purple gas blasts all day will get you a W in presence of people who know what they're doing, get exposed. Resets, yeah, so, I don't see Cyrax winning shit nor Smoke lately.

Fractured_Shadow

Yes it's crying, when you blame the game instead of looking at your own faults first. There's a reason why people like Reo and Maxter and everyone else succeed consistently. This is not saying that game doesn't have issues, it does, but I believe patch thing is a stupid cheap copout.

Injustice is not synonymous to MK, so, yeah stop thinking it's MK10, it's not. They're both different games with different styles. Just because Injustice releases it doesn't mean it's a fixed "MK9".

It's going to be enjoyable to see people blown up for thinking Injustice is MK9.
At no point did I say MK was Injustice... actually I'm saying the total opposite... I'm hoping it is totally different. MK has HUGE flaws that will most likley NOT be in Injustice.... I'm happy that I will be able to play a NRS game that won't been totally ignored by the creators, will have balance (pure speculation here... don't let me down NRS). All I'm arguing is that outside of already established top players such as REO or Maxster or Pig you will not be seeing breakout players because the majority of the community will be playing a newer game. This will undoubtably hurt MK9.

Fractured_Shadow

You have no idea of how this community works, or the things that'll come. Just saying, you're very naive.
Care to explain how that is relivent to my scene being dead and the online being crap? Once again to deny that Injustice will hurt MK9 is stupid...

At no point did I say MK was Injustice... actually I'm saying the total opposite... I'm hoping it is totally different. MK has HUGE flaws that will most likley NOT be in Injustice.... I'm happy that I will be able to play a NRS game that won't been totally ignored by the creators, will have balance (pure speculation here... don't let me down NRS). All I'm arguing is that outside of already established top players such as REO or Maxster or Pig you will not be seeing breakout players because the majority of the community will be playing a newer game. This will undoubtably hurt MK9.
You're assuming Injustice is a better "MK" so people should drop MK and hence it will "die", because why play MK when I can Injustice since it's a improved "MK" with fixed "glitches". No it's not. Injustice isn't a better version of MK. Injustice is Injustice.

WB was such a diverse top 8, so was EVO2012, please, people who know their characters can do good.

Fractured_Shadow

Meter drain is a frame execution issue. Lots of people avoid Iagb's how come the only Kabals to succeed are the ones that don't just use iGBs. The ones that do and thinking spamming some purple gas blasts all day will get you a W in presence of people who know what they're doing, get exposed. Resets, yeah, so, I don't see Cyrax winning shit nor Smoke lately.
Just becasue people have learned how to deal with broken mechanics do not make them any less overpowered... To say that IGB's aren't over the top and need a nerf is kinda crazy, to say that just becasue a Cyrax isn't winning everything does not mean that resets don't need to be patched is stupid...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nope, because Injustice players will take interest in MK, it can grow. I don't even know if that many online warriors even make an effort to make it out so it doesn't matter. The patch thing is silly, everyone just throws that word around but no one ever seems to know specifically what they want fixed beside throw around some vague ass shit like "Lol fix Kabal and resets, meter drain, wah wah". Game does have issues but not as big as people make it out to be.

Why is it only this weird community that wants to see one of their game die, wonder why Capcom succeeds, there's something wrong with players that take interest in NRS games.

Man I could tell you every single thing in MK9 I want fixed AND how to fix it. :p

I honestly don't know how Injustice will effect the MK9 community, but I'm trying to look at it positively. I honestly think it could go either way though. Unless Injustice is bad, then it really hurts us...but I doubt that will be the case. :p

Just becasue people have learned how to deal with broken mechanics do not make them any less overpowered... To say that IGB's aren't over the top and need a nerf is kinda crazy, to say that just becasue a Cyrax isn't winning everything does not mean that resets arn't lol..
This statement is so lazy. If people learned, than there's a a way to overcome it.

If Cyrax isn't winning everything, so what about resets? There's usually only 1 Cyrax in top 8s.

Fractured_Shadow

You're assuming Injustice is a better "MK" so people should drop MK and hence it will "die", because why play MK when I can Injustice since it's a improved "MK" with fixed "glitches". No it's not. Injustice isn't a better version of MK. Injustice is Injustice.

WB was such a diverse top it, please, people who know their characters can do good.
No, I am saying that becasue of the major flaws to MK9 my scene has pretty much died out in Dallas, that the online is terrible so I never really get good games, and becasue of this thing called "work" I can't fly all over the country to play a video game. I'm arguing that a newer and hopfully better fighter that will most likley revive my scene, and as you said will most likley kill the online scene... soon one hand I have Injustice with it's better online, people in my area to run casuals with and a developer who is paying attention and on the other I have MK9, a game that has been shelved by NRS, has pretty large flaws, a soon to be pretty dismal online scene, and a terrible net code..... I am saying that I'm pretty sure a large amount of people fit into my shoes and will just play Injustice.

Fractured_Shadow

This statement is so lazy. If people learned, than there's a a way to overcome it.

If Cyrax isn't winning everything, so what about resets? There's usually only 1 Cyrax in top 8s.
WHAT!?! You are missing the point... let me get this straight.... you are saying that a 6 frame 9% projectile, 80 somthing percent reset, resets in general, and the many other broken aspects are balanced and don't need to be fixed? That everybody needs to stop crying and learn to deal with it... let me guess you were cool with vanilla kung lao too huh?

WHAT!?! You are missing the point... let me get this straight.... you are saying that a 6 frame 9% projectile, 80 somthing percent reset, resets in general, and the many other broken aspects are balanced and don't need to be fixed? That everybody needs to stop crying and learn to deal with it... let me guess you were cool with vanilla kung lao too huh?
People deal with it, D3 dash under projectiles. Cyrax needs meter to do resets, don't get caught in a net, net is semi easy to avoid.

SF has unblockables that recently came out, have you seen Marvel3, TAC Infinites. Every game has broken shit and people deal with it and overcome it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Care to explain how that is relivent to my scene being dead and the online being crap? Once again to deny that Injustice will hurt MK9 is stupid...
Can't explain, illuminatee shit.
And yeah you have no idea of anything. Saying majors have 30 people, when they have been having 100+ since last year. Saying you don't have a community, yet you live next to a bunch of people who say they don't have a community either (shout outs to not even trying). Complaining about a bunch of crap when you clearly don't even play at the level where it actually matters.
You guys really need to be patient.
Game of Thrones reference.

Can't explain, illuminatee shit.
And yeah you have no idea of anything. Saying majors have 30 people, when they have been having 100+ since last year. Saying you don't have a community, yet you live next to a bunch of people who say they don't have a community either (shout outs to not even trying). Complaining about a bunch of crap when you clearly don't even play at the level where it actually matters.
You guys really need to be patient.
Game of Thrones reference.
Yigritte! <3.

Fractured_Shadow

Ok Karried I've think I have derailed this thread for long enough... Here is my final say on the matter that will sum everything up so I can move on... I (and a large majority of "online warriors" as you call us aka a LARGE part of the fan base) have a dead MK scene because of various reasons (work, school, ect.). We (the online scrubs) will for the most part not play MK9 anymore becasue there will be a superior FIGHTING GAME (not a new MK as you keep trying to cram in my mouth) being released that will revitailize our communities, have a better netcode, and new tech to be discovered. Becasue we are not currently amazing MK9 tournament players we will have no reason to deal with the the large flaws that MK9 has and will most likley always have, and becasue of this the MK9 community as a whole will suffer and there won't be very many new players coming into the scene.