What's new

Arcade Sticks ARE Compatible!

McCarron

Noob
Just to calm any worries that may have been building up, I got word from Boon himself that there will be a special alternative control manner for MKvDCU. You'll be able to use arcade sticks much like how you can in the latest 3D MK games. So you are NOT stuck to the default layout of using the dpad to side step and stick to play like the 2D games.

So everyone with custom sticks need not worry.

RoGE

Noob
So you can jump around/duck AND sidestep with a joystick?
If it is like the other 3D MK games, you'll have to press diagonally in the direction.

Down-left or Down-Right jumps while Up-left jumps left and up-right jumps right, I don't think there is a way to jump straight up, just like the other 3D MK games.

HAYRON

Noob
I wouldn't see anything wrong w/ a 2d MK styled with 3d elements like SFIV is doing. Then they could get back to that good ole 2d mechanic that worked.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If it is like the other 3D MK games, you'll have to press diagonally in the direction.

Down-left or Down-Right jumps while Up-left jumps left and up-right jumps right, I don't think there is a way to jump straight up, just like the other 3D MK games.
I saw boon demonstrating and he pressed down to duck and up to jump straight up. Analog on the controller is what sidesteps. I want to know how they are going to make this work. What you said makes the most sense, just do it like the previous three games.

The X-Arcade has ways to quickly transition from digital to analog for the joystick on the fly, but it's not compatible with the new systems (yet?) and that wouldn't work well anyways for serious gameplay.

Id like to take Mc Carrons word for it but its kinda weird to hear that someone actually talked to boon. In light of this Ive been inspired to start a poll.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
From what I heard they had at Leipzig.
Attack 1 + Attack 3 was the directional throw
Attack 2 + Attack 4 was klose kombat grab
Left shoulder (run button on sticks) was 3d shift
Right shoulder (block button on sticks) was block
both shoulders (run+block) was activate rage
So there wasn't anything that was missing from the game when playing on a stick

From what I heard they had at Leipzig.
Attack 1 + Attack 3 was the directional throw
Attack 2 + Attack 4 was klose kombat grab
Left shoulder (run button on sticks) was 3d shift
Right shoulder (block button on sticks) was block
both shoulders (run+block) was activate rage
So there wasn't anything that was missing from the game when playing on a stick
Hello colt..What is Leipzig? sounds like a beer?ha ha

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Some place in Germany where a Game Convention was held last week. It's kind of like Europe's E3.