What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

rock on brotha

8) Hi timstatic...music rocks dude
........ relapse records?....i got connections out the wazoo.... lmk rumplestiltskingrinder.com 8)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Re: rock on brotha

cosmos0001 said:
8) Hi timstatic...music rocks dude
........ relapse records?....i got connections out the wazoo.... lmk rumplestiltskingrinder.com 8)
huh?

Is that a majority vote, to label them like the original mk layout?

Let me know what you all think. Its not a problem to do it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
ArcadEd said:
Is that a majority vote, to label them like the original mk layout?

Let me know what you all think. Its not a problem to do it.
Wicked artwork for the MK layout. Its sweet, but in my personal opinion, there should be a UMK not just MK. But thats my thinking.

Anyways, labeling the buttons should be an option. Some people might want it, others may not.

But great stuff as always Ed.

I just discovered the MK stick on arcadeinabox.com and am totally pumped about it, I had no idea that existed. Anyways I am definitely going to order one, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what stick/buttons would best replicate the original Midway UMK3 machines?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
badrock said:
I just discovered the MK stick on arcadeinabox.com and am totally pumped about it, I had no idea that existed. Anyways I am definitely going to order one, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what stick/buttons would best replicate the original Midway UMK3 machines?
Use Happ competetion sticks and Happ concave buttons. Lots of different colors, so make it your own ;)

badrock said:
Im going with jlf-tp-8t sanwa stick ball top with "screw top" option to change to bat (screw type) and convex buttons. Ill give more details when it arrives in about a week. Ive played mk series on about four different sticks .....years ago...I liked all the same...My thought is to just pick anything and get used to the FEEL... this will be way better than x360 pad :lol:

ooh baby, my next investment.

Thanks Ed, after reading through the thread, you've really helped the MK community out by asking our specifics.

Personally i'd like the buttons labeled, since ya can't reconfigure them you might as well just label them. Right now i'm looking for someone to help me make a damn design!!!
I've been talking to all of my old friends who helped out with web design and graphic arts haha, trying to get one to get me a sick custom pic!!

After I get the graphics worked out i'll have an order typed out and sent so fast....

Thanks again for the great help.

onewhite1gold said:
ooh baby, my next investment.

Thanks Ed, after reading through the thread, you've really helped the MK community out by asking our specifics.

Personally i'd like the buttons labeled, since ya can't reconfigure them you might as well just label them. Right now i'm looking for someone to help me make a damn design!!!
I've been talking to all of my old friends who helped out with web design and graphic arts haha, trying to get one to get me a sick custom pic!!

After I get the graphics worked out i'll have an order typed out and sent so fast....

Thanks again for the great help.
Sounds good. The above design can be changed as well. Peter is great to work with and he can add text, change the color, whatever. As long as it's not a huge amount of time to alter it.

Hmm, at first I maybe would have though of going for 100% original artwork.

That suggestion might be good though....
Give me a couple days to decide on the artwork.

Cause dammit I can't decide if reptiles combo works better with d-pad or joystick
but that damn stick on the contoller is so bad i just end up getting lost on it in a match.

I need an Ed Stick!!!

I think my order will be sent in ASAP after this final decision on the artwork.

im guessing just a few more days until i get my gamestick from arcadEd.. I feel a little cheap because i didnt get fancy artwork on it but twas all i could get for now.. :oops: I suppose i could order the artwork and put it on myself later, he said all i have to do is remove the stick and buttons..I havent heard back yet i guess its just some artist type stuff..anyway Im sure it will be worth the wait as i have read trough this thread and it seems as though most of you were happy. Also i saw this Qui GON Zel. Really Ed boon ? wow!!! Maybe i can meet him and he can autograph my stick :D

dreemernj

Ambassador
William said:
Wow, look at that $2000 one :shock:
Yeah that's a pretty hot setup. A full XP comp inside a dual arcade stick.

I wonder if the roller ball can be used as a mouse inside windows O.O

dreemernj said:
William said:

Yes, windows see the trackball as a mouse. The three buttons to the left of it are windows mouse buttons

dreemernj

Ambassador
ArcadEd said:
dreemernj said:
William said:

Yes, windows see the trackball as a mouse. The three buttons to the left of it are windows mouse buttons
That's sick.

interview with ed boon about mk8......GI: Hypothetical time-frame for release. Are we talking ’08?

Boon: Yeah. I would guess—and I wouldn’t promise—it would be around the fall, Novemberish time of 2008.

GI: Across all three platforms?

Boon: We’re talking about that.

2d or 3d.....no answer

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
cosmos0001 said:
interview with ed boon about mk8......GI: Hypothetical time-frame for release. Are we talking ’08?

Boon: Yeah. I would guess—and I wouldn’t promise—it would be around the fall, Novemberish time of 2008.

2d or 3d.....no answer
why did you post this here?

Tim Static said:
cosmos0001 said:

2d or 3d.....no answer
why did you post this here?
Hi Tim i guess maybe our sticks would work for this as well. More mk to look forward to with our gamesticks when we get them.Did you get yours yet? Eds pretty busy. 8)

Hey guys, sorry for the delays.

I just got a big shipment of wood in today and I got it all prepped (enough for about 50 boxes). That's a lot of prepping :).

Anyway, sticks will start going out again tomorrow and into next week. It won't be long now.

I had to order in cut wood because my CNC Router when on the crapper. I think I have it fixed now, but ordering in will take a bit of preasure off the workload anyway. Less profit, but faster building time :).