What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Derek

Noob
EDIT:Just saw your post sugar, well shitt
How does one go about applying the artwork for an ed stick??

And i'll still need someone to help me with the artwork haha.
Well, I'd buy the stick ready to go, blank. Then I'd have someone get the artwork ready because I'm sure Ed still has his custom templates and wait for you stick to arrive then, disconnect your buttons and stick(I'm sure Ed uses quick disconnects) and since he probably uses quick disconnects you can just take out the buttons without having to de-solder them. The stick itself will just unscrew. Then since you had someone make a image for you stick on the template you take your SD card or flash drive or whatever you have your template on to a print shop and have them print it out on vinyl cut it out and apply with adhesive. But before applying it make sure you have the holes clearly marked and then apply. Pretty simple way around the copyright law the prohibits Ed from using copyrighted characters and images. You'd also still have the same badass quality stick that you paid for and it would look the way you wanted it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Did you see the stick Ed is donating to guys for the Castle Fight Night 7 (?)????

That is a wayyyy sweet looking stick (minus the text for the tournamet winner, of course.)

Look around the net and email Ed some ideas and see what you can come up with :D

Also note, that most of the artwork can be altered by the artists. Especially the one listed above (purple skull one). My buddy can change the color of the skull, remove text, add text, whatever. As long as it's in reason, he won't charge extra.

Well, I don't have an artist on board right now, but I think after tomorrow i'll be ordering a blank one.

Get all the artwork done in my own time =].

Whenever I get some made...

Hopefully he has the time!! So i'll be going with Happ competition and happ concave. I wanted to have the buttons labeled, kind of....I don't think t would be possible to apply my own artwork afterward though. So that might be gone.

I'm so excited though! my order will definately be in tomorrow/monday when I get the funds all in order.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
ONE BEEEEEEILLION DOLLARS!!!

Wu-wu-ha-ha-ha...

Wu-ha-ha-ha-ha...

Wu-ha-ha-ha-ha....

Ok. $149 basic set up. Artwork, XBL mic hook up are little extra. ISawna or Happ translucents (like mine) will cost a little extra as well.

Derek

Noob
Hopefully he has the time!! So i'll be going with Happ competition and happ concave. I wanted to have the buttons labeled, kind of....I don't think t would be possible to apply my own artwork afterward though. So that might be gone.

I'm so excited though! my order will definately be in tomorrow/monday when I get the funds all in order.
You should easily be able to apply your own artwork and still have the buttons labled. Just add it to the artwork. The buttons are blacked out on the template so just put some text be a little below the blacked out buttons.

Quick note on the templates:
The white circles show the button HOLE, not the entire button. There is about a 1/8" overlap all the way around, so make sure you labels are not too close.

Houzi

Noob
Question. What's the cheapest most basic one that I could get that plugs into the tv. And also does it come with UMK3 all ready to play if I got it?

Derek

Noob
Question. What's the cheapest most basic one that I could get that plugs into the tv. And also does it come with UMK3 all ready to play if I got it?
He hasn't found any or too many moniters/TVs that work with the UMK3 board. So I'd just get a stick that works with the 360. On the bright side those sticks also work on MAME.

I'm ordering mine now. I'm submitting black t molding! I want green...but I think it would look gay on a plain stick. I'm not sure though. any thoughts?

Edit: I'm too impatient...yet I can't make up my damn mind....
I think i'm going to try green. Ed, if you can...let me know if green is gay before you make it haha!

I really want green, but im not sure if it's going to compliment the box well!

Considering buying an Arcade Stick.

I just wanted some thoughts about if I should get an Arcade Stick or not. I never played MK in the old cabinet days, so I'm not used to a stick at all, would learning the layout be hard, or is it relatively easy to get the hang of?

Also, what button type is best? Is there a 360 Joystick Upgrade that works better than the default one for UMK3? Is it compatible with the official Wireless 360 Headset?

http://www.arcadeinabox.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=42
That is what I'm considering buying, if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
Maybe you should post questions in the stickied thread for arcade sticks?

If you want the most authentic feel, get the HAPP Competition joystick, concave buttons, and the MK layout (obviously). Anything after that is your choice.

@ Shock: Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post it, so I posted here. Delete this if you feel I should ask in the stickied thread.

@ StuScotsLazyEye: Alright, how about learning to use the arcade stick though?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I just wanted some thoughts about if I should get an Arcade Stick or not. I never played MK in the old cabinet days, so I'm not used to a stick at all, would learning the layout be hard, or is it relatively easy to get the hang of?

Also, what button type is best? Is there a 360 Joystick Upgrade that works better than the default one for UMK3? Is it compatible with the official Wireless 360 Headset?

http://www.arcadeinabox.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=42
That is what I'm considering buying, if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
Dont consider it, buy it. And buy it now.

No, the offical XBL headset doesnt fit in the mic slot. But what Stu said is 100% correct. HAPP competetion stick, HAPP concave buttons and MK layout is just like vutting off the control panel from a MK cabinet to use on your 360. :D

@ StuScotsLazyEye: Alright, how about learning to use the arcade stick though?
Speaking for Stu, but PRATICE, PRATICE, PRATICE!!!

It takes a while to get used too, especially going back to stick after playing on the horrible 360 pad so much. But trust me, in the long run, going with a stick will be the best choice you made ;)

Dont consider it, buy it. And buy it now.

No, the offical XBL headset doesnt fit in the mic slot. But what Stu said is 100% correct. HAPP competetion stick, HAPP concave buttons and MK layout is just like vutting off the control panel from a MK cabinet to use on your 360. :D

Speaking for Stu, but PRATICE, PRATICE, PRATICE!!!

It takes a while to get used too, especially going back to stick after playing on the horrible 360 pad so much. But trust me, in the long run, going with a stick will be the best choice you made ;)
Alright, thanks man, figured it would take some practice, but yeah, I guess it would be much better in the long run. I appreciate the help.

I have a Wireless headset, that doesn't connect to the controller, I'm assuming the arcade stick wouldn't effect it, but I was checking to make sure.

^ This guy is the man!
Alright, I thought about it. I figured it would haha.
Thanks Ed. I just really wasn't sure what to order haha.

Edit: You ship from AZ? Good news for me. Haha to all of you on eastcoast.