What's new

Match-up Discussion Aquaman Matchup Discussion

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I think Aquaman looks good against SM. Supermans wakeup game is complety destroyed against AM with his just frame FTD. I think it's 5.5 - 4.5 in AM favor maybe a little bit better. in my experience.
looks good against him and just a 5.5 ? make up your mind

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I think Aquaman looks good against SM. Supermans wakeup game is complety destroyed against AM with his just frame FTD. I think it's 5.5 - 4.5 in AM favor maybe a little bit better. in my experience.
Yeah I agree. Is there anywhere AM struggles against Supes?

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i would say no
Ok so how does a SM go about the MU? I am a AM co main so just wondering on both sides. Is it just a brawl and superman has to be more patient and make better reads against AM. I don't mean to be annoying I just am making MU notes and want to be kinda thorough. Thanks guys.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Ok so how does a SM go about the MU? I am a AM co main so just wondering on both sides. Is it just a brawl and superman has to be more patient and make better reads against AM. I don't mean to be annoying I just am making MU notes and want to be kinda thorough. Thanks guys.
Try knocking aqua on his ass to abuse his wake ups. You basically just have to play the game and use your own dirt against him. Just get life lead and you'll do fine.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Try knocking aqua on his ass to abuse his wake ups. You basically just have to play the game and use your own dirt against him. Just get life lead and you'll do fine.
That's what I was thinking. I notice SMs mobility IMO keeps it competitive. But it does go both ways right? If AM knocks SM on his ass he can stay in control with just frame trident and better footsie tools. Correct me if I am wrong on anything.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
That's what I was thinking. I notice SMs mobility IMO keeps it competitive. But it does go both ways right? If AM knocks SM on his ass he can stay in control with just frame trident and better footsie tools. Correct me if I am wrong on anything.
Yeah exactly. It's whoever gets life lead like the majority of mu's in this game.

Is anyone else having trouble with shazam? He just has so many options against aquaman on wake up like dbf1 or db1, jump in cross ups, that new crossup corner tech with b2, etc. he also can get in on aquaman easy as pie, online at least, what can i do against this guy?

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Is anyone else having trouble with shazam? He just has so many options against aquaman on wake up like dbf1 or db1, jump in cross ups, that new crossup corner tech with b2, etc. he also can get in on aquaman easy as pie, online at least, what can i do against this guy?
Get life lead and just walk back. Blow up his tele on reaction with b12 until he's too scared to do it. He'll start doing that advancing overhead to get in so watch out for that. Look at what he does on wakeup (tele forward/away) and when you block a torpedo so you can blow him up with FTD or something else

Rey

Reycier
blocked torpedo full punish with b12...... timing is strict comparable to the punish of catwomans dash. yeah, you need to pay attention and play your gand.

blocked torpedo full punish with b12...... timing is strict comparable to the punish of catwomans dash. yeah, you need to pay attention and play your gand.
I literally have no problem with the torpedo anymore, it's actually VERY easy to punish with f1 --> scoop or f1 -->3. But that's really true what you said about punishing with b12, its hard as fuck.

Get life lead and just walk back. Blow up his tele on reaction with b12 until he's too scared to do it. He'll start doing that advancing overhead to get in so watch out for that. Look at what he does on wakeup (tele forward/away) and when you block a torpedo so you can blow him up with FTD or something else
That damn overhead is the biggest prob for me, he just has so many options afterward that I can't use trait to escape from(throws, d2). I guess I just need more matchup experience against him. What an under-rated character.

could really use some advice on the DS MU i'm struggle really hard with this one
Yeah, I usually struggle with this one too. The thing i learned is that you MUST keep DS at f2 range or get him corned because you're mainly gonna be punishing his unsafe stuff with your tridents range. A lot of deathstrokes will rely on the crossup j3 --> b1 u2 to get a combo started and that easy to punish if you mb b3 his xup j3 or punish with f2 after the u3. As far spamstrokes, you can all gunshots except for the machine gun which you should use as a free dash in. If, and when, you get the life lead the watershield that fucker and wait for him to come in and punish whatever he tries to throw out. It's still a pretty rough match-up, but I use this strategy to soften them up because it's really just a matter of patience.

Edit: oh yeah and , im sure you know better, but DON'T throw out FtD unless you're punishing and don't use trident toss unless you make a jump read. Hope this helps..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hey. Guys I'm trying to start getting into online again to learn my match ups and I was wondering if one of you guys would be willing to play me in a set sometime.. I won't be available this weekend but after that I will.

I want to particularly get better at the Aquaman vs Green Arrow match up but I also use Martian with Flash and Deathstroke on the side.

PS: I'm in the LA area so if you're too far it might not be a good idea but I'm willing to try it.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Hey. Guys I'm trying to start getting into online again to learn my match ups and I was wondering if one of you guys would be willing to play me in a set sometime.. I won't be available this weekend but after that I will.

I want to particularly get better at the Aquaman vs Green Arrow match up but I also use Martian with Flash and Deathstroke on the side.

PS: I'm in the LA area so if you're too far it might not be a good idea but I'm willing to try it.
You on xbl bro?

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
This was during push block era. Meta has changed a lot. Pig and dave are gdlk in this mu now.